Sign in to follow this  
MancCanary

Confidence about sundays game

I think I feel more confident about our prospects going into this game with Villa than any of the previous games we''ve played against them. I don''t recall having such faith in our midfield for a few seasons - the Tettey, Johnson, Fer trio and now with Yobo behind them, just feels solid. This, plus the fact Benteke is having an off season, and the fact that Villa have been so poor at home this season, just instils a little extra belief in me that the boys are going to get 3 points this time. Fingers and toes crossed.

Sadly I''m not confident Mr Manc, bloody Judas has the Indian sign over us, so I''m just hoping Holty keeps passing to a Yellow shirt out of habit.

Although Wes grabbing the winner would be sweet karma.[Y]

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="morty"]I think we''ll win.[/quote]

would be nice to shut the Yam Yams up[/quote]I don''t actually know any Villa fans.And I have to be honest that if it weren''t for the Lambert connection, Villa would barely register on my radar.Just a bland club that I have neither like or dislike for.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]I think we''ll win.[/quote]Got a feeling we will too Morty.After Sunday''s win and the team showing a lot more invention of late I think there''s a good chance we''ll do it.[/quote]I''d love it if we beat them, love it.(Said in a mental Kevin Keegan stylee)

There should be confidence after that great win BUT how often do we string 2 or 3 good results together, not very often this season. A point would be great anything more would be fantastic.

Inconsistency has been our motto all season, so I would not be surprised if we come unstuck. Add to this that our away record is poor, so I find it difficult to be very confident. Hughton has us out of the relegation zone, so will there be the same urgency?

I desperately want us to win, and get some momentum for the run in, and I accept that defensively we are tighter, but the wily old fox at Villa may have the last word. I think that we shall get a point, however.

I''m quietly confident and optimistic we''ll get a win. Especially if we start well and they''re chasing the game - could play into our hands.

I suppose if I we''re offered a draw now though, I''d be very tempted.

I''d certainly take a draw.  But it''s true that Villa have been pretty unimpressive at home this season.

With Lambert''s style of play they are much better away when then can sit back and take advantage when the home side commits players forward.

Worried about the revenge of the ex-player with GH, TBH.  Could see him upping his game against us.

After a great point against Man City we went to W Ham, dominated the game but lost it late. It was a good solid performance against Spurs, Much as they were poor we closed them down well, stifled their flair players and created enough chances to have won by a good margin. That should give the team more confidence and I am really hoping that they regard this as an eminently winnable game. I bet Hughton will be desperate not to repeat what happened against Wets Ham. He knows that they will try to play on the break but our back 4 have the pace to combat them and Tettey and Fer can cover the ground in the middle. I''m pretty hopeful of breaking the hoodoo in this one.

I agree Manc If everyone remains fit to play I think we will win. There is no doubt with Tettey, Fer, and Yobo in the side we look a different team.

I would keep the same side except I would start with Gutierrez if fit instead of Redmond who could come on when Villa are tiring.

It may be a clever trick to play Hools at some time in that he may have a point to prove since if Villa had put in a reasonable offer I am sure we would have accepted.

Only Hughton will know if that is good strategy, but we must not approach too negatively and hope Villa can not score. Need Hooper on from start to give that extra threat, suspect however we will play same team as against Spurs

I personally wouldn''t take the draw in this game. We have slowly started to play how many of us expected us to from the start of the season but didn''t. We''re also looking better away from home too. Given how useless Villa are at home I think we have every right to be confident going into this game. And at some point, one of these games we''ll surely get our rub of the green where everything we hit goes in - I can just sense it''s round the corner. We owe Villa one - and given their next run of fixtures, a win for us could prove very damaging indeed.

I''m going to see the game on Sunday at Villa Park with one of my closest friends, who happens to be a massive Aston Villa fan. I''m not sure how this will turn out for our friendship...