Sign in to follow this  
morty

The "messiah"

Very interesting read about what is going on at Villa.Makes me wonder if we beat them on Sunday, he could be getting his P45.http://avillafan.com/site/11469/the-hodgson-report-on-aston-villa-11-years-after-the-original/

If he suddenly became available there''d be a few on here ramping up the Houghton Out message in some forlorn and flawed hope of a second coming as it were....

I have actually paid little attention to how Mr Lambert has been getting on since he left us, I didn''t realise things had got so bad.*stifles a snigger.

[quote user="morty"]I have actually paid little attention to how Mr Lambert has been getting on since he left us,[/quote]

Lambert''s Villa P65 69Pts

Hughton''s City  P65 72Pts

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

they all seem to have bunked off......

[/quote]

I can understand why they might have been quiet for a few days but they seem to have even lost the heart for posting the usual incessant torrent of threads telling us how and why we''re going to lose our next match, it''s going to be difficult for the "I told you so" threads to appear next week should we lose at Viler.[:S]

Back to topic that''s an interesting read sure enough, this Hodgson fellow seems a bit of a self important super fan but it''s difficult to argue with anything he says save for the claim that Villa are a top six side, I''d say top 14 myself, they may have never been relegated from the Prem despite a few close shaves but neither have they particularly bothered the European placings. V

I wonder if when the going gets really tough for them as I''m sure it will whether the players at Villa will back their manager the same way as say for example......... the players at Norwich have clearly backed theirs?

Certainly doesnt seem to have continued the approach he had here at Villa. Were we simply a special case and he decided to adopt more sensible sustainable tactics. Seems they didnt get what they''d hoped he would bring. Bit like the RvW situation perhaps? See something you like, but then you make the person you like operate in a different way, then are surprised when you dont get what you admired in the first place?

If he suddenly became available there''d be a few on here ramping up the Houghton Out message in some forlorn and flawed hope of a second coming as it were....

I can assure you that I will be first in the queue calling for the return of the Messiah to replace Hapless. Its just a matter of time now. He will realise the the grass is not always greener. Him and Mcnasty will make up and we will get the improvement in our club back on track after Hapless''s damaging period in charge.

Hughton Out. Messiah Back.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]

I can assure you that I will be first in the queue calling for the return of the Messiah to replace Hapless. Its just a matter of time now. He will realise the the grass is not always greener. Him and Mcnasty will make up and we will get the improvement in our club back on track after Hapless''s damaging period in charge.

Hughton Out. Messiah Back.

[/quote]

Ahem....

Hughton''s City  P65 72Pts

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]

I can assure you that I will be first in the queue calling for the return of the Messiah to replace Hapless. Its just a matter of time now. He will realise the the grass is not always greener. Him and Mcnasty will make up and THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER, GOOD NIGHT CHILDREN AND DO TRY TO NOT HAVE ANY NIGHTMARES.

[/quote]

Isn''t that how Jackanory used to finish?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Hughton Out. Messiah Back.[/quote]Lambert''s Villa P65 69Pts

Hughton''s City  P65 72Pts[/quote]

It''s most likely Villa will cast an eye in the direction of Cool Chris when they sack Lambert. [;)]

Paul Lambert was great for us as we flew back up through the divisions, but the fact remains he has so far proved to be marginally overall less effective than Chris Hughton at Premier League level. He has had plenty of time at Villa and has basically done f-all in 2 years. I therefore do not understand the rather small clamour to reinstate him at NCFC should it ever become possible - a sideways step should Hughton ever be removed from his post (which is slowly looking less likely).

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Hughton Out. Messiah Back.[/quote]

It''s most likely Villa will cast an eye in the direction of Cool Chris when they sack Lambert. [;)]

[/quote]

He does have track record of taking over Lamberts teams and improving them. [;)]

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Hughton Out. Messiah Back.[/quote]Lambert''s Villa P65 69Pts

[/quote]

He does have track record of taking over Lamberts teams and improving them. [;)]

[/quote]KAPOW![:D]

To be fair to Lambert he''s been burdened by some of the silly wages Villa were paying to some ordinary players signed by previous managers.

On the other hand, he has signed some crap for them.

Though he has of course brought in some good players too. Bit like when we got back into the Prem, he made some good signings but probably got another 2 or 3 wrong.

Hughton has generally seemed to buy well but it''s fair to say that none of the strikers he''s brought in have really been value for money - yet.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Hughton Out. Messiah Back.[/quote]Lambert''s Villa P65 69Pts

[/quote]

He does have track record of taking over Lamberts teams and improving them. [;)][/quote]

KAPOW![/quote]Poor Waveney, seems to be the only kid in class who hasn''t been told the truth about Santa yet. [:$]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Hughton Out. Messiah Back.[/quote]Lambert''s Villa P65 69Pts

[/quote]I''d be more worried about them casting an eye at McNally.Who is this Hodgson bloke anyway? I''m unaware of his tenure as England manager. If he''s the same guy that comes out top of a Google search, you''d think the experience gained as a successful funeral director/business owner might have lead him to the conclusion that telling the directors of Villa that their baby is ugly and then publishing it for all and sundry to read on the internet might not meet with the warmest of reactions. His main complaints seems to be that Lambert has spent a lot of money and he doesn''t like his tactics. If he had the wit to look a little more widely at the Premier League and perhaps browse a few message boards like the Pink Un he might realise there are 14 or so other clubs in the PL in a similar situation, but no, Villa appear to have a divine right to be the top 6, despite not having the budget of a top 6 club.Like Mr van Burger says, self-important.

I think Lambert''s had more time to imrove things at Villa because of the number of managers they got through in the years since Martin O''Neill left.  But that may be running out now.

Whatever the apologists say, if you look at their squad I think the Villa board would expect them to be significantly higher up the table, and at a points level now where they could realistically start planning for next season, rather than thinking that a defeat to us on Sunday could push them right down into the relegation scrap.

If they carry on at the same sort of level and end up about where they are now, I wouldn''t be surprised if they change manager in the summer.  But if we win Sunday, it could be the end for Lambert.  Which would be a little amusing.

You''d have to be pretty stupid, (or a binner) to want Lambert back here TBH.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Morty I take your point re hughtons points total but double that and yah is what the Messiah would have achieved had he not been forced out by mcnasty and bowchump[/quote]Oh right, how would he have done that then?I don''t know for sure, but I suspect he has had more money to spend at Villa.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]It''s astonishing how Thorpe isn''t even the most annoying poster on this board![/quote]
It''s astonishing that people still take him seriously, the guy is troll and people shouldn''t waste their time engaging with him.
To be honest I think he''s an undercover inner trying to discredit the outers! [:P]

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Fuzzar"]It''s astonishing how Thorpe isn''t even the most annoying poster on this board![/quote]
It''s astonishing that people still take him seriously, the guy is troll and people shouldn''t waste their time engaging with him.
To be honest I think he''s an undercover inner trying to discredit the outers! [:P]
[/quote]

Obvious plastic is obvious. Don''t feed the plastic 🙈

Lambet must have burnt his bridges here hasn''t he?

He was the Messiah but he''s just a fallen angel now and its his fault not ours. [:@]

[quote user="Yellowfuture"]I wonder if the Villa fans will be chanting Hughton''s name on

Sunday.[/quote]I''d say there''s more chance of you hearing the Norwich fans chanting Chris Hughtons than that.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

Lambet must have burnt his bridges here hasn''t he?

He was the Messiah but he''s just a fallen angel now and its his fault not ours. [:@]

[/quote]He has become the anti-christ!