Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Wished i was there !!!

One of the scum games in our last Championship season. I''m too young for any of our Europe days but I couldn''t get tickets for either, I would have loved every second, well I did anyway but being there would have been even more special!

Play off final.

I know we lost, but would have loved to be there. But my Grandad had booked a holiday to China without checking the playoff dates, was the last time he did that!

[quote user="HerefordCanary"]Derby at home, Ipswich away and Portsmouth away[/quote]Missed the same three exactly. B*oody annoyed at missing the 5-1 at Portman Rd especially as I had a ticket. Been at plenty of other great occasions - including Portsmouth promotion in ''75 - but was too ill to travel to those three. Somehow made it to the final game at home to Coventry though which was pretty special too.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="HerefordCanary"]Derby at home, Ipswich away and Portsmouth away[/quote]

Missed the same three exactly. B*oody annoyed at missing the 5-1 at Portman Rd especially as I had a ticket.

Been at plenty of other great occasions - including Portsmouth promotion in ''75 - but was too ill to travel to those three. Somehow made it to the final game at home to Coventry though which was pretty special too.
[/quote]

Was there also aSms, was stationed at Tidworth, was in a pub close to the ground that was owned by a City supporter, a load of Pompy fans walked passed giving all big, next thing was a scene out of Gladiator "Give them hell", the air was just full of bottles and glasses and at the end of the match their main end just emptied and ran across the pitch at us in that horrible open air stand.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Play off final.

I know we lost, but would have loved to be there. But my Grandad had booked a holiday to China without checking the playoff dates, was the last time he did that![/quote]

I was there. "Only" travelled from coventry and was still knackered after that long day.

Was at Norwich 3 - 5 Liverpool for Fashanu''s goal and last day of the Kop at Anfield.

Probably Portsmouth away recently, although was at the following home game against Cov for celebrations, as I was the Carlisle game the season earlier.

Probably any of the big wins last season (Man U, Man C, Arsenal)

I would love to have been at the last game at the Nest just to take in the atmosphere of that quaint little ground and to see for myself exactly what it was like.Followed by the very first match at Carrow Rd three months later just to say "I was there".....

[quote user="lappinitup"]I would love to have been at the last game at the Nest just to take in the atmosphere of that quaint little ground and to see for myself exactly what it was like.Followed by the very first match at Carrow Rd three months later just to say "I was there".....[/quote]I wonder how people can genuinely claim to have been at either or both matches ?As we''re talking 1935 here you''d have to knocking on a bit.......