Sign in to follow this  
pete

Show him the love

When Grant starts to warm up Sunday please don''t abuse him. Remember we would not be where we are without GH. Grant will always be a legend to City fans to abuse him demeans us. I think he expects a hard time don''t give him justification for turning it on on Sunday.

Grant has not impressed Villa fans yet but for us to chant his name will be our revenge for when the Villa fans chanted "Only one Paul Lambert" at Carrow Rd, especially if we win.

Don''t expect Grant to start and Lambert might not bring him on, but Chris can put on Wes as a wind up.

Also we''ve seen how Holt feeds on abuse from the opposition fans, it just motivates him.  So for us to give him a hard time would be extremely stupid. 

Better to show him a bit of respect then ignore him.  And when we''ve got a win safely in the bag it couldn''t hurt to sing there''s only one GH like you say.  But not until then !

[quote user="pete"]When Grant starts to warm up Sunday please don''t abuse him. Remember we would not be where we are without GH. Grant will always be a legend to City fans to abuse him demeans us. I think he expects a hard time don''t give him justification for turning it on on Sunday.

Grant has not impressed Villa fans yet but for us to chant his name will be our revenge for when the Villa fans chanted "Only one Paul Lambert" at Carrow Rd, especially if we win.

Don''t expect Grant to start and Lambert might not bring him on, but Chris can put on Wes as a wind up.[/quote]No reason to anyway. Absolute legend.

I remeber when forest Played us in the championship. Holt acknowledged the forest crowd and just got on with it.

I would envisage a similar reaction, if he plays. Lambert is cavalier enough to put him on even if it''s not the right decision to do so. That makes him weak and strong.

We''ll get the standard trolling from him in the presser, the "if I write a book one day you''ll hear the real story" BS about how mean old McNally drove him out of the club. Just ignore it. The only thing that man understand is football and the only way to beat him is in a football game. Chanting and bellyaching does nothing.

I''m desperate to win the game, desperate.

[quote user="Buh"]I remeber when forest Played us in the championship. Holt acknowledged the forest crowd and just got on with it.

I would envisage a similar reaction, if he plays. Lambert is cavalier enough to put him on even if it''s not the right decision to do so. That makes him weak and strong.

We''ll get the standard trolling from him in the presser, the "if I write a book one day you''ll hear the real story" BS about how mean old McNally drove him out of the club. Just ignore it. The only thing that man understand is football and the only way to beat him is in a football game. Chanting and bellyaching does nothing.

I''m desperate to win the game, desperate.
[/quote]Ditto.I want to see him crouched down on his haunches, head in his hands, at the full time whistle.Knowing we have just added a nail to his coffin.

[quote user="Buh"]

I''m desperate to win the game, desperate.[/quote]Obviously pure speculation, but I have a theory that what went on behind the scenes with Paul Lambert was something like this. PL: I want to talk to Aston Villa about this job.DM: We''d rather you stayed here.PL: Okay, but I want a bigger transfer budget now. DM: We need to finish off paying off the debts. PL: We need to invest in the squad to stay up.DM: We barely invested last year and we stayed up.PL: I need more money.DM: You can''t have it this year. Next year you can have a massive budget by our standards. But only once the club is debt free.PL: Got to be now.DM: No.PL: Okay, I''m off.I''m certain that our squad can outshine Lambert''s boys, but I sort of have this slight nervousness that Villa is turning into a Fulham-esque bogey team situation. Hope I''m wrong.

At this moment in time a win on Sunday would give me more pleasure than winning at Portman Road.

I have to say that I have been surprised at how things have gone for PL and his entourage since moving to Villa. When we got promoted I thought that he and Brendan Rodgers were the new rising stars, but Brendan''s star is certainly burning more brightly at the moment.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="Buh"]

I''m desperate to win the game, desperate.[/quote]Obviously pure speculation, but I have a theory that what went on behind the scenes with Paul Lambert was something like this. PL: I want to talk to Aston Villa about this job.DM: We''d rather you stayed here.PL: Okay, but I want a bigger transfer budget now. DM: We need to finish off paying off the debts. PL: We need to invest in the squad to stay up.DM: We barely invested last year and we stayed up.PL: I need more money.DM: You can''t have it this year. Next year you can have a massive budget by our standards. But only once the club is debt free.PL: Got to be now.DM: No.PL: Okay, I''m off.I''m certain that our squad can outshine Lambert''s boys, but I sort of have this slight nervousness that Villa is turning into a Fulham-esque bogey team situation. Hope I''m wrong.[/quote]

I''d be shocked if that wasn''t very similar to what actually happened. We apparently had the lowest playing budget in the league going into that year, something I doubt Lambert was happy about. He knew the situation which is why I think Burnley and West Ham interested him as well.

I highly doubt Hughton could have dragged us up from League 1 and guide us to safety in the Prem, but I also have my doubts now that Lambert could have kept us up that second season either like Hughton did. We all hated that dire football, but maybe, that year at least it was necessary...

Oh yea and I hope we stuff them Sunday, I still like Holt and I don''t exactly hate Lambert but I can''t stand Villa anymore!

yes.. lets show love for a mercenary who threw his toys out of the pram and held the club to ransome to get a new contract before losing form, puttin gon weight and not being the same player... "legend" indeed...

Had it not been for his shed load of goals and tremendous form for us we''d have bee in a position to offer him such a nice contract.

As he comes to the end of a career that didn''t always see him getting paid so well he''s tried to get in as much money as he can for his family - what a total b*stard.

[quote user="GJP"]

we''d have bee in a position

[/quote]

*we''d never have been in a position

The first question any naysayer must surely ask themselves is this, would we be playing at Villa Park on Sunday if it was not for Holt''s contribution to the club?

Understandably he wanted one more big payday and I for one could never blame him for that, as for the whole Lambert issue i suspect we will never know the whole truth.

As for Sunday Iim sure he will either get himself sent off or give away a late penalty as a final thank you.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]yes.. lets show love for a mercenary who threw his toys out of the pram and held the club to ransome to get a new contract before losing form, puttin gon weight and not being the same player... "legend" indeed...[/quote]
Won 3 POTS awards.
Was top scorer all 4 seasons here.
Scored a hat trick against the scum.
Jas, your a fool. He''s a pro footballer, of course he wanted a pay rise entering his twilight, and by all reckoning he earn it. Use your brain before you type mate.