Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

Now this is interesting

From Football365;

Sir Alex Ferguson had a real aura about him. I started my career at Manchester United - I won the Youth Cup in 1995 - and when he entered the room, you knew he was there, just by his shadow. That''s something I''ve tried to take from him. At Crewe, Dario Gradi was very good technically, getting his points across on the training ground. And towards the end of my career, Colin Calderwood at Northampton was a good man-manager. So I take little bits from everyone.

The full article is here

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/9186068/Coaches-Abroad

[quote user="H4H"]Blown away with how interesting this is… tks for posting![/quote]

No problem, hope you''ve come down from that high without a bump.

Assuming you started searching for ''really interesting'' at, say 9am, that''s 4.5hours and thats the most interesting thing you found.

You must have been looking through a big big pile of do do.

I was reading Football365 at lunchtime (I always enjoy the Mediawatch section), the coaches abroad series has been a good read, I wasn''t looking for anything NCFC related but when I read that guys bit about Calderwood I thought it was interesting especially as he seems to get a lot of negative stuff on here.

Considering that a large percentage of the messages on this board is petty bitching from the malformed brains of the barely literate I think this does stand out as interesting.I and others have questioned Hughtons'' support staff, including Calderwood. So when you see a comment from a coach who has had some working relationship with Sir Alex (known for his management skills ;-) raise Calderwoods man-management skills it stands out as interesting. I read the article and considered posting it myself. In the time it took me to second guess myself as to whether it would be worth the effort TC stepped in. I''m glad I didn''t bother and perhaps TC wishes he hadn''t.The whole series (F365 Coaches Abroad) is worth reading, if you have an interest in football beyond tabloid level.[quote user="Number 9"]Assuming you started searching for ''really interesting'' at, say 9am, that''s 4.5hours and thats the most interesting thing you found.

You must have been looking through a big big pile of do do.[/quote]Why would you assume that? Oh, I see - that''s how you go about your day. Noted.