Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Match of the day.

The point that strikes me as far as Lineker is concerned is that an understudy has to be brought in every Sunday for MOTD2.

Given his reported salary, is it really too much to ask that he fronts two programmes per week? The lazy git.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]You best organise a country wide boycott then. Because clearly more than enough people are watching. And the BBC don''t waste millions of ''our cash'' on unedited presenters.

You could say that about loads of shows on loads of channels. Why does any TV football show have commentators? Why does Bargain Hunt even exist? Why does TV exist?[/quote]Why does Bargain Hunt even exist?

The problem with Match of the Day is that is relies far too much on big "names" rather than intelligent analysis or insight. Alan Hansen was fun 20 years ago when he was arguing with Jimmy Hill, because he was blunt, and said exactly what he thought, without sugar-coating it. Now both him and Lawrenson come across as old cynics. For all their "big-name" experience, Hansen never managed, Shearer had a

brief stint as a caretaker manager, and Lawrenson last managed the

dizzying heights of Peterborough in 1990.Manish Bhatt on the Football League Show is far superior to Lineker. Their best pundit is Kevin Kilbane, who is like a breath of fresh air, but only seems to be on Football Focus.

Keep Lineker presenting and have a guest with him each week. It would be better. Perhaps with a few ''pitchside'' reps summarising each game. No hansen, lawro or even worse mills on the panel. Maybe a smidgen of shearer.

Record, but going back to your original post pigman - Claudia Winkleman? I must have missed her tenure as presenter of MOTD.

F me,her on M O D would finish it for me,I was trying to open a can of worms of the most pointless presenters on tv and Winkleman is at the top,what is her use in any prog an expert in f all and paid loads for it.Sorry its not footy but a bit of light relief from worrying about Sunday,doi join in.