Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Direct Debit

Has anyones direct debit gone out today? All my 1st of the month DD''s go out on the 1st except the NCFC one which has gone out today the 28th!

This is a regular occurrence now I think about it, often going out a day earlier than it should.

Anyone else have this problem?

It depends on the terms in your DD agreement, it most cases it is standard practise to take the money out of your account after the date if it falls on a weekend or bank holiday.

Have you checked your DD contract or did you assume that you knew what was being implied?

Point is there taking it out a day early. I thought a credit agreement was a contract and as such the terms of the contract were binding, ie. the agreed debit date is the 1st so that''s when it should go out. Not the day before.

Obviously no I haven''t read the full terms and conditions.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Point is there taking it out a day early. I thought a credit agreement was a contract and as such the terms of the contract were binding, ie. the agreed debit date is the 1st so that''s when it should go out. Not the day before.

Obviously no I haven''t read the full terms and conditions.[/quote]If you are paid the last working day of the month, but that falls on a weekend, do you not get paid on the last week day?And the DD''s have pretty much come out at this time of the month, as far as I know.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Point is there taking it out a day early. I thought a credit agreement was a contract and as such the terms of the contract were binding, ie. the agreed debit date is the 1st so that''s when it should go out. Not the day before. Obviously no I haven''t read the full terms and conditions.[/quote]

If your DD agreements states that the payment will be taken on the 1st or soon after and they''ve taken it out early without informing you of the change then you are entitled to a full refund and you''ll be able to claim any bank charges (in the event of going overdrawn).

If you are not aware of your terms and conditions then I''d check them before complaining, being aware of the facts is much better than assuming you know what is being implied.

They come out on the last working day of the month from experience, I did call the office last month as I thought they might have been a bit crafty but no.

direct debits come out on a certain day unless that day falls on a weekend, in which case it will come out the day before...

Huckerby''s boots - Matt, Its not a credit agreement! I''d be extremely worried if you dont know the difference!!!

I''ve got a time share in spain you might be interested in....

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Has anyones direct debit gone out today? All my 1st of the month DD''s go out on the 1st except the NCFC one which has gone out today the 28th! This is a regular occurrence now I think about it, often going out a day earlier than it should. Anyone else have this problem?[/quote]

You are a very very dull man

In Tilly''s absence I''ll just ask you if there''s to be a podcast about this? And whether there''s any danger of the other promised pod appearing soon....

[:P]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

In Tilly''s absence I''ll just ask you if there''s to be a podcast about this? And whether there''s any danger of the other promised pod appearing soon....

[:P]

[/quote]

I heard a rumour that he was going to do one then couldn''t be bothered or something else came up or some such piffle.

Wow the old keyboard warriors are out in force today arent they.

Turns out it does go out on the last day of the month, i always thought it was the 1st. Disaster over.