Sign in to follow this  
magic_eyes

Greeno?

Anyone else think Greeno was a bit slow to react to the 3 goals Soton scored from long range? I don''t know if its just me or whether he gets beaten too easily from long distance.

OTBC

I think the problem he has with long range shots stem from the defence playing too deep. This means that when someone lines up a long-shot, the defence comes diving out, and quite often hinders Greeno''s view

4th goal he could see it leave his foot, should have saved that one.

[quote]I think the problem he has with long range shots stem from the defence playing too deep. This means that when someone lines up a long-shot, the defence comes diving out, and quite often hinders Greeno...[/quote]

totally agree with you robbo, I was thinking the same thing. But he also had some class saves aswell.

[quote]4th goal he could see it leave his foot, should have saved that one.[/quote]

There is no way you could blame Greeno for any of the goals yesterday.  Goals 1, 3 and 4 were perfectly in the corner.  Petr Cech couldn''t have saved them.  And Crouchy''s goal was instinctive and was past Greeno before he could move

I admire Greeno enormously but I too am worried by the number of times he is beaten from a long way out, and it isn''t just this season either. He makes wonderful stops but then leaves me thinking, "Shouldn''t he have got to that". To be fair, he has had a hell of a task this season, particularly when we weren''t looking the side we do now.On another point, why are referees so inconsistent about the offence of a player taking his shirt off in celebration. No booking for that yesterday, I think.

[quote]There is no way you could blame Greeno for any of the goals yesterday. Goals 1, 3 and 4 were perfectly in the corner. Petr Cech couldn''t have saved them. And Crouchy''s goal was instinctive and was ...[/quote]

Have to disagree with you on that one DD, I think the goalies were the difference in the two teams.

[quote]I admire Greeno enormously but I too am worried by the number of times he is beaten from a long way out, and it isn''t just this season either. He makes wonderful stops but then leaves me thinking, "...[/quote]

Correct !    I too worry about his reaction to long balls ... it  looks as though  instinctive  short range saves  stop him from rhinking about what to do ..........................  whilst the long shots give him more time  ... its almost as if  he decides 

All season our central midfield have allowed players time to get in shots - thats where the fault lies not with the keeper; he made more than enough saves to keep us in the game on sat let alone this season.

If the shot is hit right with this light ball most keeper stand no chance.

OTBC