Sign in to follow this  
SeniorCanary

naughton considering his spurs future...get him here! !!!

Just read that he considers himself a right back but at 25 he needs to consider his options as walker is keeping him from playing in his preferred position...

Get him here!!...Top player when he was here and missed his quality when he left

Looked good for us when here but every time I''ve seen him since he''s not played well. Maybe due to not playing regularly. Definitely need a right back with a bit of pace. Like the look of Byram from leeds.

He is certainly quick, - quicker than either Martin or Whittaker. How far he would be an improvement on Martin especially I am nor sure, although he is undoubtedly better than Whittaker.

He''s a year or two younger than Martin, and perhaps coming to his peak, although constantly playing at LB is probably not doing him much good.

Is he worth £6m or more? I don''t know. We have other positions to cover, so how would the money pan out?

[quote user="Salopian"]He is certainly quick, - quicker than either Martin or Whittaker. How far he would be an improvement on Martin especially I am nor sure, although he is undoubtedly better than Whittaker.  [/quote]

If he''s undoubtedly better than Whittaker then he''s undoubtedly better than Martin.

Transfermarkt.co.uk has Kyle Naughton valued at £3.5m. He has 2 years left on his contract. If he really wants away in the Summer then I imagine that would impact the price. Having a manager here with strong Tottenham connections probably won''t hurt either.

Probably one of our star players in his loan season with us. Brilliantly quick and very versatile - I think I saw him play in 3 positions in one match. Probably treading water at spurs, so he will want to move too. A decent buy for anything less than 3M if we can get him, but would he want to stay in London?

GJP,

I suspect that if he comes it will be Whittaker who goes. He will be 30 at the start of next season, not old but no longer in his twenties and besides the fact our Manager obviously thinks RM is currently the better choice at RB, even after having given SW a few games around Christmas, he can also provide cover at CB, a position he plays for Gordon Strachan.

Yup, I''m sure if either of them are going then as it stands it''ll be Whittaker.

I do think he''s been a bit unlucky. He''s generally been a good player for us - but one or two poor performances have seen him labelled as "awful" by some. Which he''s not. He''s quite a good player.

Right back is an area that needs improving though.

Whittaker''s biggest problem has been injury. That and because of the limited games he played last season he had a strange stat for a while that games he started in we didn''t lose - people attributed that to him being a better player than Martin.

I don''t think anyone has said he is awful, just that he hasn''t found the consistency at this level that Martin offers. Despite what some say, he is not greatly faster than Martin if at all. But he is certainly better in the final third of the pitch - delivers better balls into the box.

That said, I do rate Naughton and I personally feel he has stayed at Spurs a season too long. It''s hard to imagine that come the summer it was three seasons ago he joined us. He''s not had the opportunities and at 25 he needs them now.

You could almost argue that if he had been playing week in week out this season he''d be in for a shout of a call up. Perhaps a bit of a push but it''s not like Walker has had a great season and Johnson has not been that inspiring either.

[quote user="CarrowCanary"]Just read that he considers himself a right back but at 25 he needs to consider his options as walker is keeping him from playing in his preferred position...

Get him here!!...Top player when he was here and missed his quality when he left[/quote]

And Lambert is after him, so says the mirror...more reason to get him

[quote user="vlad666"]Looked good for us when here but every time I''ve seen him since he''s not played well. Maybe due to not playing regularly. Definitely need a right back with a bit of pace. Like the look of Byram from leeds.[/quote]Far more comedy value! I always enjoy a bit of impotent fury on WACCOE.

If kyle is available we should be making a bid, a def step up on the current options. I would expect plenty of clubs to be interested too

Get him in! He provides cover in midfield and at left back too. He would be very useful and siggy should sign too. I would happily pay £15m to get them here if I was in charge.

[quote user="splutcho"]Christ, I''m glad you''re not in charge. More than 10m for the pair would be robbery.[/quote]

Sigurdsson cost Spurs in excess of £8m, and I wouldn''t say he''s depreciated that much in value. He''s still only 24 and a good squad player for a top six club.

With two years left on his contract at age 25, Naughton will also be worth a few bob – I think £10m for the pair would be an absolute steal.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I would happily pay £15m to get them here...[/quote]Even if you are struggling to get a tenner together to go out tonight. [;)]

If kyle is available we should be making a bid, a def step up on the current options. I would expect plenty of clubs to be interested too