Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

WE CAN STILL DO IT - AND HERE IS HOW!!!!

Okay people, I was down, yes we threw it away again, but we can still stay up, 2 wins and we do it - I am certain. 36 pts is the finishing line now.

WBA lose to Arsenal and Man Uts, max points = 33

And now the big one...Palace and Saints to draw next Sat, which means both can only get a max of 35....But if say Saints win, they go to 34, and then I can''t see them beating MAn Utd whatever the team Utd put out. But the big problem would be a Palace win next Sat, if they win and go into last day with 34 pts, and say us on 33pts, then I could see them winning.

Hell maybe we might stay up on 34pts?! But very unlikely.

I think it''s pretty clear that we''ll probably stay up if we win our last 2.
Tall order though.

If we win the last two I think its more likely that we will stay up than we don''t. Palace didn''t show much yesterday and there''s no guarantee of them beating Charlton away. We need Palace and Saints to not win one of their two games (preferably the one against each other) and we''ll be OK. But its going to be hell at Fulham.

agree, lets look at the positive. The nightmare scenario is that if either Palace or Southampton win next week and we either draw or lose, then we are down, and the Fulham game is academic, so we would then probably win it.  

[quote]agree, lets look at the positive. The nightmare scenario is that if either Palace or Southampton win next week and we either draw or lose, then we are down, and the Fulham game is academic, so we woul...[/quote]

Forget Fulham for now - it''s 3 points against Birmingham or bust.

Charlton away for Palace won''t be easy for them if they need a result. Imagine if we had to go to Portaloo Road on the last day of the season needing a result to stay up.

(I know it would be easy cos the binners are s***e but thats not the point!)

Dead right Shropshire. We got to beat Birmingham before we even think about Fulham.

Now I just hope we have a chance on the last day.

Its mostly down to what the other teams do. But Birmingham and Fulham are now safe so they won''t be fighting for thier lives. Maybe they''ll go easy on us!? But i still can''t see us staying up. Sorry folks.

Palace are used to playing 4-5-1 away, this does not make them certainties at Charlton. A draw is the most likely result with this system. Also Cusbishly will have Charlton fired up because he has had so many bad results recently and people are calling for his head.

Not a foregone conclusion by any means!

[quote]Palace are used to playing 4-5-1 away, this does not make them certainties at Charlton. A draw is the most likely result with this system. Also Cusbishly will have Charlton fired up because he has had...[/quote]

Curbishly could well be playing for his job by the Palace game and I''m sure he''d like nothing more than to finish Charlton''s season by relegating a team

Dont go forgetting about West Brom , its a big ask but if they get a shock win against Arsenal tonight or Man Utd Saturday it would almost certainly send us down as i cannot see them failing to beat Portsmouth on the last day.

4 teams seperated by (as I type before the wBA game has finished) 1 point with two games to go; of course we can still do it - but we have to defend far better than we did on sat; have two central midfielders prepared to fight instead of 1, have a striker who can actually pass to a colleague and remembers what that offside rule is all about - but we can do it.

COME ON YOU YELLOS

OTBC