Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Your other team

May have been done before if so sorry but give it a go.What is the second result you look for at the weekend after Citys and why do we seem to have a second team and why.Dont include them lot from down the road as we all have to check they have lost again.My second team is the great Southend United as I lived there a while and visited Roots Hall once or twice in the days of Bill Garner and Billy Best,bet nobody remembers them.

Haven''t got an second club team but do have a second international team after England which is Republic of Ireland due to my irish roots.

Celtic. My late dad was from Glasgow and was a fanaticle Celtic fan all his life, my parents moved to Norfolk 8 months before I was born and it was my dad who wanted me to become a Norwich fan due to the fact I was born in Norfolk as he believed you should support your local team. I have both teams badges tattooed on me.

I always look to see how Luton get on. I also used to look out for the manchester city results about 7 or 8 years ago, until they became loaded.But Norwich will always be my team, No matter how well or bad we are doing, or what division we are in.

I too look out for Luton, mainly because a friend supports them, but also because for some reason I am interested in seeing how they are doing since their drop down the leagues, probably because I see them as what we could have had happen to us.

I also keep an eye on Spurs, as for some reason (not sure why) when I was a little lad I did think I "supported" spurs for a few years......until that is my first visit to Carra Rud of course.....

Celtic. Can''t easily imagine having a second English team though, and certainly not one in the same league.

Luton for me too. Growing up my dad used to take me and my brother a lot to watch games and still go to a few here and there now. Especially during the season where they reached the fa cup semi final.

So always look out for their results. Plus now Mcgeehan is there and the fans really like him. Think he has a big future in the game and are hoping to get him on loan next season. Though some deluded fans think they''ll sign him. You have to laugh.

Originally an Arsenal fan when younger, following the father''s side and will always follow their results.

Norwich soon became my team once we started attending games a few years later.

All teams apart from Naaaridge can be placed in one of two categories: teams I couldn''t give a monkey''s chuff about and teams I actively hate. Teams can move from the former to the latter but never the other way. Hated teams include Coventry - sent us down when they had 5 games in hand at the end of the season, Everton - put out a joke team against Coventry, Leicester - sent us down, etc etc etc.

Having a "second team" is the stuff of plastics.

Norwich, Ajax,Celtic. In that order, my kids(now grown up) follow Yeovil as Yeovil hospital saved my wifes life when she had cerebral malaria.

Reading.

It was fun watching the likes of Kerry Dixon at Elm Park, a typical 3rd / 4th div dump ground with very dodgy terraces, I believe the last game played there was against Norwich, when we had that nasty all-yellow kit..

[quote user="Shyster"]morty ~ "I don''t have another team."

Do you also own a Blue Peter badge?

Luton.[/quote][:D]

What is this love in with Lootun?? Do any of you know the guy who lives in the house we walk through to access the away end[:^)]

Bet it''s Shyster''s brother lives there...

Definitely Luton.

The beach huts, the plastic pitch, Roy Wegerle, Ricky Hill, Robert Green tripping over his own feet to let a routine catch sail into the net, the terraced house you walk through to get in, the fact that they beat us in the 59 Cup Semi, not to mention the most recent Cup encounter....yep....love ''em.

Didn''t they ban away fans too? Another great reason to have them as a second team. Their hospitality.

It used to be Crewe, and I have even slept on Crewe station after an evening game, because I couldn''t get back to Norfolk.

Needless to say it never got in the way of supporting Norwich, and these days, work and kids prevent any thoughts of further excursions!

Wealdstone, of the Ryman Premier League.

And as regards Luton, who have been mentioned a few times on this thread, they are my Mum’s all time least favourite club. She has a long memory!

Norwich is my other team!   I spend a lot of time in Norwich and started going to Carrow Road about the same time as Paul Lambert joined and got completely hooked with the result I''m even driving down from Liverpool to Villa Park tomorrow.   Not being able to get to Anfield much these days means I''ve ended up watching Norwich more than Liverpool.  Not planned, it''s just happened!

Norwich are in the pemier league on merit not because wealthy backers are buying success.   A real football club - full house at each game in league 1 days - British owned and debt free - THAT is some achievement these days.   Away fans are a particular credit to the club and great ambassadors.

[quote user="Simple Jack"]Norwich and Chelsea ????

Could you be any more of a plastic?[/quote]

How am I a plastic? I''ve been a Norwich season ticket holder for years, born here, still live here. I said I liked Chelsea because of Mourinho. I''m sure I am not the only woman who does lol