Sign in to follow this  
 Zak Van Burger

Cardiff LOL

Poor old OGS, what has he let himself in for??Following a candid Vincent Tan interview with the BBC which included such gems as :

"In the January transfer window, I was very involved. We spent

about £6m for seven players. In the summer, we signed seven players and

committed almost £50m. I want to make sure we spend correctly. If I''m

involved, I make better business decisions, getting better value for my

money.

"Next summer I''m sure we will do better transfers

because I will be personally involved. We''re not going to let our

manager run wild."

and of 23 year old work experience candidate Alisher Apsalyamov (since declined a visa to stay and work in the UK):"Tan praised Apsalyamov''s "incredible football knowledge" and says his

view that Cardiff overpaid on transfers "has been proved right".Of M. McKay:"He didn''t do very well at Watford, but somehow our CEO and our chairman hired him and replaced Dave Jones,"Now OGS has been forced to come out public with a statement saying that he is in charge of the football side at Cardiff.Looks like the honeymoon period is over and Mr Tan is once more doing everything he can to ensure that Cardiff get relegated. [Y]

Many City fans would have been delighted if Delia had sold her shares to him not so long ago.They said anyone would be better than the cook...........

For all we know, Tan may well be a fine upstanding owner and Malkay may well have been like a child with a new toy splashing the cash. But, for me its all a bit surreal and just doesnt feel right at all, and you do get the feeling it will all end up in tears.

Think he''s underestimating Malky''s achievement in getting them promoted.  Yes Cardiff spent money, but lots of Champ teams have spent money without getting up.

And the record of owners who get involved in transfer dealing is pretty poor.

It''s all good news for us !

Lets face facts, Malky does not sign the cheques. No manager does that, so someone did, and would have not signed them if they were over budget.

Be interesting when Malky is able to speak up on this, once his case has been settled.

What a circus this has become, a Blackburn type circus, and like Blackburn will end up in the ++++.

As always its the fans who I feel sorry for.

Thank god our club is English owned, and long may it stay that way.

"Be interesting when Malky is able to speak up on this, once his case has been settled"

I don''t think he even needs to bother. His CV speaks for itself. Did a brilliant job at Watford and then a brilliant job at Cardiff, both times after having to completely rebuild the squad. Got sacked with his team 12th in the league and now they are 19th, his successor will mark his first season in England with a relegation on his CV.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Many City fans would have been delighted if Delia had sold her shares to him not so long ago.

They said anyone would be better than the cook...........
[/quote]

Ah, but would the cook ever get this genius for her birthday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ASPulaMixs

It needs no further comment (other than I think the youtube commentors are being even more harsh than usual)