Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Mourinho & Fulham

I see the king of the sound bite has had another gem picked up by the press with his "I want Fulham to stay up, so don''t mind losing this one, as long as Chelsea win the league" nonsense. But seriously how does that help his team and is that close to being a statement about effecting the outcome of other clubs results. Would a Norwich manager survive making a similar statement regarding the Binners?

It''s mind games.

He wants Fulham to come at them so they have more space to pick them apart. He knows Fulham will be cautious on this one and possibly revert to parking the bus at times.

Anyone who couldn''t smell BS here has obviously had their heads firmly buried in the sand for the last 8-10 years

Fulham would need to win every other remaining game just to get 36 points.Not possible IMOThey''ve had it now.

Yes, it looks that way. Here`s hoping Tottenham play like they did midweek when they play Cardiff tomorrow.

[quote user="ricardo"]Fulham would need to win every other remaining game just to get 36 points.Not possible IMOThey''ve had it now.[/quote]
Whilst I see where you are coming from, it is conceivable and quite possible they could emulate West Ham. Before they won those 4 games in a row, I believe they had only won 4 all season!
We need to be in the position to focus solely on our results, and not put ourselves in the predicament to have to worry about the results of others.

@Ricardo - if Cardiff fail to win tomorrow I would say they are the same. They are only a point ahead of Fulham.

The strange thing is, despite that sort of rough target of 36+ points, if the other teams down there don''t pick up points quickly it could be a right scramble down to the wire.

6 points between 11th and 18th - 7 to 10th. It''s still tight, but a win at this point in the season starts to become worth a whole lot more.

Mourinho is the master of mind games. Witness their comfortable win yesterday and his comments since that their lead at the top isn''t real. I fully expect them to win the title now.

Haven''t seen Fulham play for a bit but the new manager doesn''t seem to be helping I''m glad to say.