Sign in to follow this  
unique

Villa away - the ideal fixture right now

Off the back of a fine three points at home to Spurs, and with a positive move up the ''2nd-tier table'', to level points with Villa, Sunday offers the perfect opportunity to kick-start the season once and for all.

Hughton has divided opinion for many, many months, but he is clearly here for the rest of the season, so we might as well move off the topic and focus on the positives.

Several key players are returning from injury, the players are playing with a confidence that belies their league position, and the nana get, for all his faults, is handling everything with impressive calm and dignity.

Venture onto a Villa forum and you might be taken aback by the vitriol aimed at Lambert and the Villa hierarchy. Fans aren''t split on Lambert''s worth, they almost 100% want him long gone. If Norwich fans feel their team have disappointed this season, Villa fans are nigh on suicidal.

Aston Villa have won just three games at home all season. They are also finding goals hard to come by.Their fans no longer bask in the smugness of having Lambert as their leader. Very few of their fans actually expect Villa to win on Sunday. Never have they been more vulnerable ahead of a visit from the Canaries.

Three points is there for the taking. Stop them from scoring and it is almost inevitable that they will produce a defensive slip and a gift-wrapped opportunity to win the game and ease the relegation concerns.

Interesting insight into the pessimistic attitude amongst villa fans ahead of Sunday''s match:

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/10952-match-thread-please-do-not-talk-about-streams-in-this-thread/

[quote user="El Convento"]Interesting insight into the pessimistic attitude amongst villa fans ahead of Sunday''s match:

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/10952-match-thread-please-do-not-talk-about-streams-in-this-thread/[/quote]Eek, they are more miserable than this forum''s miserableists!Interesting comment about Holt own goal.What if Holt is actually a sleeper agent!!??

This is a good subject and a post I am surprised hasnt received more responses, probably because its a little negative about PL and we cant have that now can we (Note: I hold him in very high esteem, but have moved on).

This is a big game for us no doubt.......BUT it''s HUGE for Villa, and "if" we can nick a win it will put another big club in the mix big time and of course be great for us.

That said, when I watch Villa I actually think they look very decent and will be a challenge for us to beat, they just seem to suffer from having too many younger players right now who do tend to make mistakes..........they do have though Agbonlahor who always seems to have a good game against.......still I just feel we will win this really do. 

"What if Holt is actually a sleeper agent!!??"

A Yellow, hidden in foreign parts, wearing the uniform of the enemy, waiting to be activated.

Those villa fans should be really worried!

Reasons for defeat tomorrow;

1. No Leroy Fer,

2. Lambert''s unbeaten against us,

3. We''re 5h1te away from home,

4. Every positive result this season has Been followed by a disappointing one.

Personally I think we need to bring Pilks and Hoolahan in tomorrow for Redmond and Fer, to give us our best chance of getting something.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Reasons for defeat tomorrow;

1. No Leroy Fer,

Personally I think we need to bring Pilks and Hoolahan in tomorrow for Redmond and Fer, to give us our best chance of getting something.[/quote]Who did your team have this weekend?

lincoln canary wrote the following post at 01/03/2014 6:25 PM:

1. No Leroy Fer,

Personally I think we need to bring Pilks and Hoolahan in tomorrow for Redmond and Fer, to give us our best chance of getting something.

Do you think we will win in Pilks and Wes play?

Not confident at all (no change there then) and I would take a point now if offered.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Reasons for defeat tomorrow;

1. No Leroy Fer,

Personally I think we need to bring Pilks and Hoolahan in tomorrow for Redmond and Fer, to give us our best chance of getting something.[/quote]Who did your team have this weekend?[/quote]

Brilliant.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Reasons for defeat tomorrow;

1. No Leroy Fer,

Personally I think we need to bring Pilks and Hoolahan in tomorrow for Redmond and Fer, to give us our best chance of getting something.[/quote]Who did your team have this weekend?[/quote]

Brilliant.[/quote]?You are a Reading fan, aren''t you?

[quote user="Yellowfuture"]lincoln canary wrote the following post at 01/03/2014 6:25 PM:

1. No Leroy Fer,

Do you think we will win in Pilks and Wes play?[/quote]

I think we stand a better chance. I''d prefer Wes to start ahead of howson, think Wes will be fired up. And pilks has a bit more experience and ultimately composure than Redmond. Think it''s time to bring pilks back in and give him the run in, fitness obliging.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Reasons for defeat tomorrow;

1. No Leroy Fer,

Brilliant.[/quote]?You are a Reading fan, aren''t you?[/quote]

Lol. Your a laugh a minute mate.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Reasons for defeat tomorrow;

1. No Leroy Fer,

Lol. Your a laugh a minute mate.[/quote]But you are a Reading fan, why are you avoiding admitting it?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Reasons for defeat tomorrow;

1. No Leroy Fer,

Lol. Your a laugh a minute mate.[/quote]But you are a Reading fan, why are you avoiding admitting it?[/quote]

I''m just embarrassed we couldn''t beat 8 men today.

I think we stand a better chance. I''d prefer Wes to start ahead of howson, think Wes will be fired up. And pilks has a bit more experience and ultimately composure than Redmond. Think it''s time to bring pilks back in and give him the run in, fitness obliging.

Agree about Wes and would be inclined to give him a start with Leroy out, don''t agree with your pessimistic view of the outcome though. We are not shit away from home, we are due a result with the way we have been playing,I think Villa have only won twice at home all season, I just can''t understand your pessimism!

[quote user="Yellowfuture"]I think we stand a better chance. I''d prefer Wes to start ahead of howson, think Wes will be fired up. And pilks has a bit more experience and ultimately composure than Redmond. Think it''s time to bring pilks back in and give him the run in, fitness obliging.

Agree about Wes and would be inclined to give him a start with Leroy out, don''t agree with your pessimistic view of the outcome though. We are not shit away from home, we are due a result with the way we have been playing,I think Villa have only won twice at home all season, I just can''t understand your pessimism![/quote]

Look at our away record, it''s dire! It''s easy to say we''re due a win, but unfortunately our form says otherwise.

I''d have been more confident with Fer playing.

I have a really good feeling about tomorrow; football results tend to go in cycles - and it''s about time for us to get a well-deserved away win!

Predicting Villa 1-2 Norwich.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]I have a really good feeling about tomorrow; football results tend to go in cycles - and it''s about time for us to get a well-deserved away win!

Predicting Villa 1-2 Norwich.[/quote]I''m predicting 1-nil Norwich.Mainly because it will net me about £130.

it could go one of two ways with wes starting. but it is likely going to be hooper starting and we have seen a good connection between the two. I wouldn''t be disappointed if howson started over wes though, both lack match fitness.

Hooper should be fired up for this game, he doesn''t have long to prove himself for Brazil, and having just missed out to a spot to the likes of defoe (that has played next to no football this season.) he has to show that he can do better than him. he needs to get a few 2+ goal games under his belt.

I''m afraid the only chance Hooper has of any action in Brazil this summer is if he dresses up as a lady-boy.

We have taken points from only 4 away fixtures this season and as such i think any away fixture is daunting, just some eg Chelsea are a lot more than others. The defeats at Cardiff and West Ham show that we are very vulnerable to the poorer teams in the league away.

On a plus point we probably need only another 8 points to stay up and as such any points gained on the road will be invaluable

We need to play the ''Hughton way'' as ugly as it may be. They''re a counter attacking team and will not be able to break us down barring individual errors and FFS we are due for this bad luck infront of goal to end.

2-1 to us, villa penalty at around 60 minutes making the last half an hour absolute agony for us!