Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Ryan Bertrand & Kyle Naughton

Two quality full backs both likely to be available in the summer.

With Garrido and Whittaker both looking like they are considered deadwood by fans and manager alike, and assuming no change of manager in the summer, an opportunity here to bring in two quality full backs, both of who will probably be Lambert targets?

I would definitely love to see Naughton back. With Bertrand however, I don''t see him as a step up on Olson so IMO it wouldn''t be worth spending anything on him.

So what you are saying is that if Garrido left you would want any replacement to be better than Olsson?

That probably isn''t going to happen.

What I''m saying is there is no reason to invest in a position that we aren''t going to or looking to improve on when we have a lot of positions we should be focusing on.

Not hard to understand really.

Thanks for the clarification (but shove the condescending remark up your poop shoot).

I don''t think that a player of Garrido''s calibre will want to remain at this club if he doesn''t think football is on the menu, unless he is being paid a ridiculous amount of money. That is where I am coming from.

**insert line here which implies that the other person in the conversation has a lack of intellegience**

So you think Bertrand is going to want to leave Chelsea to come here and not even guranteed to play every week. Olsson been our most consistent player and my POTS Probably both end up at villa, bertrand on loan there, lambert has the naughton connection and lambert and there right back Lowton have fallen out. If we replace Garrido i doubt it wil be someone whos goin to cost £3m+.

If Villa do get Naughton then I''d have Lowton, one of the few of the many lower league Lambert signings at Villa who has proven to be good enough at this level.

Maybe we could swap Lowton for Hoolahan when he submits his inevitable end of season transfer request.

"So you think Bertrand is going to want to leave Chelsea to come here and not even guranteed to play every week"

He has played just 4 times under Mourinho. If he wants a club where is ''guaranteed'' to play every week then he would need to go to the Championship. I''m not even sure that such a club exists.

We have to stay up first but if we do then Naughton would be a great target. Olson is as good as they come imo and still at a good age so Bertrand would not be on my shopping list

I think that both are yet to develop their promise fully, and as we have the excellent Olsson at LB it is difficult to support spending a lot of money on that position.

We really do need a RB, however. Neither Martin nor Whittaker are outstanding at Premiership level. I''m not sure that Naughton is much better, but he is younger and certainly quicker. If more regular games would help him progress, then at a reasonable price he could be a good signing. We would have pace down the wings from both fullbacks, and pace to recover, which can''t be bad.

We need a squad of 25. How can a player who''s not first choice be described as deadwood?

Skerritt is spot on with his comments. If we are looking to improve then money should be spent on players better. Not on squad players.

Do you really think Javier Garrido will want to be here next season? He has played just 6 league games this season!

A former Real Sociedad, Lazio and Man City player, and Spanish Under 21 international, who at 28 should be at his peak, is not going to be happy playing for Norwich City reserves, neither did he look happy at being substituted early in his last start.

I''m willing to lay a fiver on Garrido leaving the club either permanently or on loan in the summer. And if he does then we need a replacement.

"Neither Martin nor Whittaker are outstanding at Premiership level. I''m not sure that Naughton is much better"

I think we can all be pretty certain that Naughton is much better than Martin or Whittaker, a clear level up.

exactly the sort of players we should be signingthose two, a new centre back,  steven nzonzi and a goalscorer would prob see us top 10and a left footed version of redmond obviously