Sign in to follow this  
24March1985

John Ruddy

In today''s Independent on Sunday John Ruddy is quoted as saying he would rather stay up with Norwich than go to the World Cup. Great to see that level of commitment to the club and the team but hopefully he will achieve both.

Interesting to also read that in the top flight only Szczesny, Cech and Lloris have more clean sheets than Ruddy.

[quote user="24March1985"]In today''s Independent on Sunday John Ruddy is quoted as saying he would rather stay up with Norwich than go to the World Cup. Great to see that level of commitment to the club and the team but hopefully he will achieve both.

Interesting to also read that in the top flight only Szczesny, Cech and Lloris have more clean sheets than Ruddy.[/quote]

To be honest the timing of these Int friendlies is mind boggling, the season ends in May world cup starts in the summer, plenty of time for friendlies then wouldn''t you say

The clean sheets stat is remarkable, the moreso when you look at our dreadful goal difference. I felt JR was off the money in the earlier part of the season and was in favour of dropping him for Bunn. I was getting particularly concerned about his ability to deal with shots from outside the box he seemed to have become very vulnerable to these but thankfully since the West Brom game where he was outstanding he''s turned it right around and a few more performances like he gave us vs Spuds and he might achieve both his wishes of staying up with NCFC and going to Brasil  and he might just give Hodgson a selection headache whilst he''s at it.

I hope Hodgson selects JR ahead of Forster and Foster. I know Forster has clocked up 1000+ minutes without conceding but frankly he is not facing the same class of opposition as JR week after week. And Foster seems so susceptible to injury it could be risky having him on the bench if Hart had to go off.

As you rightly point out, let''s hope for a run of the Spurs level of performance from JR - starting today.