Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Pardew

This should be the end of his Newcastle career, dismissed for gross misconduct. In any other walk of life he would be instantly dismissed. What a complete twat he is, nothing he can say can defend head butting an opponent, Resign I say.

Thats because he is a MANAGER which makes the crime a level aboce when the player does it, although its bad enough then.

I was wondering what would have happened on this board had Chris Hughton done it...........then again could the abuse directed at him (other than in the last week) get any worse anyway.

But, anyway...........he shouldnt be Newcastle United''s manager tomorrow, but its a funny old game and you half expect him to simply serve a eight game touchline ban, pay a fine and continue.

Have seen the incident in poor quality and doesn''t look like a head butt. Bit of handbags at dawn!

Beeb reporting betting suspended on next manager for the sack so assume Mr Ashley has just sent a text? If Ashley hasn''t then FA should look again at whether he is a fit and proper person to be an owner. Also expect review of the Technical area - what is the point other than riling opposition players and the officials.

Have just seen it properly and he pushes his head into the head of the player. Very similar to Barton on Johnson last season i think. Will get a long touchline ban and a fine.

To be fair, the manager should never be allowed to be pushed by an opposing teams player like that initially. Meyler was totally disrespectful and knew what he was doing! That said, like an adult to a child (manager to player) Pardew should have turned around and walked off as Meyler approached him.
Meyler should get fined too.

Pardew did try and block him from getting to the ball before that and in my opinion got what he deserved in being pushed away. Pardew is a disgraceful excuse of a manager. He doesn''t understand any football etiquette and can''t help himself in situations where he can make a c*ck of himself.

Unless Mike Ashley is looking for a way out of that 8 year deal he handed him, I can''t see why he should be sacked for it.

A player headbutts and they get a red card and a 3 match ban. He should get a 3 match stadium ban, that''s it.

If the FA and fans are happy to allow a proud fascist to manage in this league then a manager who sees red and gives somebody a Glasgow kiss should be allowed to manage in this league.

The sound was magnificent though it let out an audible thud, anybody else notice?

Deserves a medal for his excuse: "I tried to push him away with my head", if you can''t laugh at that then see a doctor.

Splutcho, What are you saying... is it ok for the figure head of a club to act like a thug? Pardew is no stranger to touch line antics & this time he has gone completely over the top, there is no room for this sort of behaviour, what sort of message is it sending to youngsters, sack him now

It is none of your business whether Newcastle should sack him or not.

Is fine saying you want the FA to impose a big fine and a long touchline or stadium ban.

But as a Norwich fan his employment status is not your concern.

[quote user="Le Juge"]It is none of your business whether Newcastle should sack him or not.

Is fine saying you want the FA to impose a big fine and a long touchline or stadium ban.

But as a Norwich fan his employment status is not your concern.[/quote]

That''s complete bollicks, as a football fan it''s got everything to do with all of us, do you honestly agree with that sort of behaviour?

You''d av been the first one bleeding if pardew had put the nut on Bradley Johnson after he got remy dismissed

I''m sure that he will be punished accordingly by Newcastle and the FA.

As a ''football fan'' I quite like being entertained, and a few loonies is entertaining.

The Cantona kung-fu kick was a 10/10, as was the Zidane headbutt and the Di Canio referee push.

Pardew gets a 6/10, poor attempt at a headbutt but gave millions of football fans a reason to watch match of the day tonight.

[quote user="Le Juge"]I''m sure that he will be punished accordingly by Newcastle and the FA.

As a ''football fan'' I quite like being entertained, and a few loonies is entertaining.

The Cantona kung-fu kick was a 10/10, as was the Zidane headbutt and the Di Canio referee push.

Pardew gets a 6/10, poor attempt at a headbutt but gave millions of football fans a reason to watch match of the day tonight.[/quote]

You have a point, it''s always going to create interest but for me it will never make it right,

And after watching MOTD I feel Pardew overreacted massively to what was nothing more than a player eager to get to a throw in. I reckon the FA are going to spit their dummy over this one. Sackable? Probably not but certainly warrants a 5 match touchline ban on top of the £100, 000 fine Newcastle have imposed.

[quote user="InchY_barn door_wolfswinkel"]And after watching MOTD I feel Pardew overreacted massively to what was nothing more than a player eager to get to a throw in. I reckon the FA are going to spit their dummy over this one. Sackable? Probably not but certainly warrants a 5 match touchline ban on top of the £100, 000 fine Newcastle have imposed.[/quote]Newcastle have done this to say to the FA "We have dealt with this internally, nothing to see, move along"All comedy of the situation aside, the FA really can''t ignore this, and I reckon he will receive a lengthy ban.

What are you going on about Houston? It''s a point of discussion about an incident in one of todays English premier league games.

I don''t see anybody "pant wetting" as you put it. We are fans of football in general as well as Norwich City and it was todays talking point amongst football fans of all English clubs as well as the football media.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]At least for a while, we have something else to wet our pants over.

At least for those overly concerned about a moment of stupidity.[/quote]

Pant wetting?? Oh dear, why even bother to comment at all. Would have pissed myself laughing if I hadn''t........

The ones whining about role models and the sanctity of the game, and how he should be fired as if he''d committed murder.

I dont think children will turn to drugs or gangs because of this. Besides, if a football manager is your child''s role model, you suck as a parent.

He''s been fined by the team and will catch helll from the FA so the sport will survive.

Lighten up, Francis.

Gentlemen you are mistaken, this most certainly is not ''one moment of madness''

You would surely recall the issues Pardew has been in hot water for already this season.

This gentlemen is a pattern of behavior, one which I''m sure the FA will come down on very hard

Yes he could be sacked for it, is it convenient for Newcastle to sack him now?

To put it another way, what happened was unusual but not devastating. So talk about it, sure, but stop pretending that this is a sign of the 4 Horsemen.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]The ones whining about role models and the sanctity of the game, and how he should be fired as if he''d committed murder.

I dont think children will turn to drugs or gangs because of this. Besides, if a football manager is your child''s role model, you suck as a parent.

He''s been fined by the team and will catch helll from the FA so the sport will survive.

Lighten up, Francis.[/quote]
Haha that is so true. Robbie Savage on MOTD suggested that its almost part of the game for players to head but - which are more likely to be role models than managers - but said its disgusting to see a manger do it. I''m sorry, but no matter who you are its disgusting behaviour and the whole thing is stupid, when in all reality it wasn''t even a real head but. He just squared up to him.
Diving is just as bad, and the throwing ones self to the floor feigning injury by players as a result of a ''fake head but''. All should be equally fined, punished across the board, as they are all paid a lot of money, and live privileged lives.

I cannot see our Chris ever doing anything like that.

Fines and suspensions are ok but what is really needed is an enforced course in anger management.

One wonders is this beyond the comprehension of the F.A.

Many Newcastle fans will likely just sigh and take the view it''s one more episode in their soap opera at a club which has prudence without ambition. A Sack Pards Poll? running on the Evening Chronic website is currently stuck on 35% Yes 65% No - which can only be explained by their few Mackem readers being otherwise engaged today! Maybe we should help them out.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Those courses are nonsense.[/quote]

How do you know they''re nonsense HC? Have you been on one? If not, what makes you so knowledgable?