Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Ian Wright on Wes tonight

606 host Ian Wright
Aston Villa 4-1 Norwich

"Wes Hoolahan was linked with Villa a few weeks ago, so didn''t celebrate scoring out of respect to the Villa fans? What an egg."

Fine the twit.

It makes you wonder whether he has been promised a move to Villa in the summer.

Nice one, I actually said "pathetic" at the time even though he had just scored, and it was pathetic. Despite scoring and almost scoring a second, I actually thought he was a weak link in our midfield, sure he does a few nice touches and turns etc....he was clearly trying to look good ....but, he is actually a luxury for a team like us.......and hopefully he will be very happy at Villa......  

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Nice one, I actually said "pathetic" at the time even though he had just scored, and it was pathetic. Despite scoring and almost scoring a second, I actually thought he was a weak link in our midfield, sure he does a few nice touches and turns etc....he was clearly trying to look good ....but, he is actually a luxury for a team like us.......and hopefully he will be very happy at Villa......  [/quote]Exactly how I saw it.

let him rot in the reservesbetter still, sack the manager and we might jsut get the best out of wes for the remaining games

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]Nice one, I actually said "pathetic" at the time even though he had just scored, and it was pathetic. Despite scoring and almost scoring a second, I actually thought he was a weak link in our midfield, sure he does a few nice touches and turns etc....he was clearly trying to look good ....but, he is actually a luxury for a team like us.......and hopefully he will be very happy at Villa......  [/quote]Exactly how I saw it.[/quote]

Me too. Forum the first time thought I was seeing a player who shouldn''t be on the pitch ...funny how some fairly easy, simple final balls failed to come off for Wes today. Utterly disgraceful from him today. Wouldn''t play him again and he can rot in the reserves.

Again, agree with Ricardo. I felt he went to ground too often as well.

I thought Howson looked sharp when he came on, full of beans and really showed some desire - that made Hoolahan''s performance stand out to me. Wonder what would have happened if Howson had been in there instead?

If he plays like he did today, in every match for the rest of the season, playing a major part in the build-up and scoring a goal, I really don''t care if he celebrates or not. He is paid to create chances and to put the ball in the net. Despite being overlooked and not played in most games this season, he still has the character and honesty to do what he is paid to do to the best of his ability. We could have done with a few more following his example today.

Yes he played like Pilks used to, when Norwich were up against a ''name'' team. Did link play very well ...such a shame he didn''t exhibit the same quality for his final ball (other than the goal efforts) ....today was the first time I''ve seen a player who''s head has been turned and shouldn''t be on the pitch. Was quite shocked by it actually.