Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

McNally looking after his own reputation?

Just wondering what people think about David McNally perhaps taking care of his own reputation by not sacking Hughton. There''s been plenty of opportunities to sack Chris, but we have seemed to lack the nerve to do so at many times throughout this season.

Chris could''ve been sacked as early as October, yet we have continued to lack the nerve to do so even though many fans could see he wasn''t good enough.

McNally''s reputation has risen a great deal since coming to Norwich. No blots on his copy book - until now. I think he doesn''t want to admit he''s wrong by sacking Hughton, so would rather stick with his man, even though that means we could drop out of this league (which I think we will do) along with Cardiff and Fulham.

Could be wrong but I think he''s very careful to protect his own interests.

How is not sacking Hughton going to help McNally?

We could very easily go down. That''s going to be a lot worse for his rep than sacking him. Only thing worse would be sacking him and still going down.

So if he is protecting his own interests by not sacking Hughton it''s because he''s already accepted relegation.

Perhaps people should cut McNally some slack. Could it be that the board overall still support and back Hughton then why should McNally sack him? Perhaps there is no better alternative available right now?

If Hughton takes NCFC down, then McNally will go down with him.

You do not get rewarded for failure, eh David?

Maybe, he hates Hughton with the fire of a thousand burning suns, but doesn''t have the power to over-rule the rest of the board who all support Hughton? who knows? Your whole concept is based on the assumption McNally has autonomy over manager selection. It could be that he has no choice except to toe the party line. Different circumstances, but we all know how fond Delia was of the last nice, high character manager we had in Worthington (That''s no slight on the ones in between, just Worthy and Hughton have similar personalities imo)

McNally is a business man - he will will do what he thinks is right when he thinks it is right for the company - in this case NCFC.

i doubt he would care about his reputation, all he would care about is the company performing to its best possible standard on & off the pitch