Sign in to follow this  
CanaryFrom1979

Interim Coach?

It has become generally accepted that changes are planned at the end of the season, the management team seem resigned to this.

This poses the question, are they sufficiently motivated to fight for every point.

If the answer is no it throws up the further question, is this impacting upon the players.

If it is and the current dogfight possibly coming down to what could be called small percentages, would removing the management team result in the marginal gains that may become vital.

I would observe that handing Neil Adams the role on an interim basis has the following positives to recommend it:

1) A possible improvement in the mental state of the players.

2) Possible disruption could be managed down, he is after all known to the club and squad and would need less time to assess the best team.

3) It buys the club vital time to search Europe for an ambitious coach with more modern coaching ideas.

In all this I have dismissed the idea of Lennon, he would not know the squad beyond one player, has a poor disciplinary record and has only managed from a biased position in a 1 team league.

Any thoughts?

I think we will see Malky or Lennon in the summer (former if relegated, latter if we stay up).

I suggested a caretaker between now and then, and my choice was Neil Warnock.

[quote user="Le Juge"]I think we will see Malky or Lennon in the summer (former if relegated, latter if we stay up).

I suggested a caretaker between now and then, and my choice was Neil Warnock.[/quote]

That would be a disaster. I''d rather stick with Hughton. If we sack Hughton I''d prefer some one like Hoddle to be caretaker till the summer.

"It has become generally accepted that changes are planned at the end of the season, the management team seem resigned to this."I have seen no evidence for either of these statements, what facts are they based on?

[quote user="Phil and Ted"]"It has become generally accepted that changes are planned at the end of the season, the management team seem resigned to this."I have seen no evidence for either of these statements.

[/quote]

Me neither.  I''m afraid there are people who put out things as if they are a done deal and are based on nothing else other than wishful thinking on their part.  They are just out to push their own agenda and do not care about anything other than their point of view.   Unfortunately nothing that appears on here is trustworthy.     People that say they know what will happen are just f*rting in the wind.   Only the board know what will happen - and what they decide will depend on what happens from now until the end of the season. 

No rational business draws up contingency plans and hints at them without having considered implementing them.

Once the plans are mentioned they are in the open, If they are misconstrued the club can do very little about that.

I have no inside knowledge but I would respond by asking what % does anyone give for there being no significant changes (whatever the outcome of this season) or alternatively how many last warnings can be issued before they cease to have any credibility.

Enough examples exist in the world of deals being made and decisions being taken before they are announced, that isnt wishful thinking its just business.