Sign in to follow this  
Luv The Board.

Something new about city

After over 40 years of supporting my club,through the good and bad times,and having spent countless hours travelling

to and from games I have discovered something new .

If we had won I would be happy for days and if we had lost I would be in a grump for days.

Now I''m afraid to say that, under this management and with this squad I feel nothing.

It could be my age as I am 60, but I find myself looking for excuses not to attend ( today I couldn''t attend due to family issues ) .

Then I realised that what my beloved club has left me with is

APATHY !

I still look at other results and find myself thinking why bother.

Perhaps it will pass but somehow I don''t think it will.

nah trust me its not your age, im about 28 years behind you and im starting to feel similarits like we are just letting him take us down, slow motion car crash stuff and no one doing anything about it

[quote user="Jay tabby"]After over 40 years of supporting my club,through the good and bad times,and having spent countless hours travelling

If we had won I would be happy for days and if we had lost I would be in a grump for days.

Now I''m afraid to say that, under this management and with this squad I feel nothing.

It could be my age as I am 60, but I find myself looking for excuses not to attend ( today I couldn''t attend due to family issues ) .

APATHY !

Perhaps it will pass but somehow I don''t think it will.[/quote]

I must to admit to a bit of apathy after the 2004 season when we went down and all the bad feeling and poor management that resulted.  It took us going down to League 1 to get me going again.   However, the facts are that we are now in an environment where money - or lack of it - seems to rule. Pay ridiculous wages and ridiculous transfer fees and you may, if you''re lucky, achieve something.  If you''re like us and not able to match the rest financially we are always likely to struggle.   Its a cynical world of greed and money in the premiership, enough to make the most open minded person question it and wonder what we are doing here.  But it is vastly preferable for the club to remain in this league than any other, apathy or no apathy. 

The way I look at it is to rejoice in the wins and not get too despondent when we lose - because every team in the division has potential matchwinners, so it not always shameful to lose a match.

We need to score more goals and that is the challenge for us, but we are still in there fighting - and it is the fight, or the challenge, that makes it worthwhile.

[quote user="Jay tabby"]After over 40 years of supporting my club,through the good and bad times,and having spent countless hours travelling

APATHY !

Completely agree. My passion has been drained away in the last two years.

Funny because the previous 2 we''re unbelievable. I accept that we will struggle in this league, that''s not the problem. It''s

The brand of football. The regular heavy defeats, the lack of fight and passion. The lack of heroes in the current team has resulted in a loss of relationship between players and fans. Everything just feels disjointed with the club right now.

I must admit, I feel very numb when city play at the moment.... Every loss with this awful style takes less and less time to get over... If I am honest, I don''t think I will get that lost passion back until something changes in the club.

APATHY !

By the way don''t let morty see your username. You''ll be branded a reading fan forever. He''s got exceptional detective skills you know.

I felt like this at the beginning of the season and for periods of all of the seasons we have been in the premier league.

At it is exactly that which is the issue - the Premier League.

Year after year after year we get the advertising washing our brains with "world''s biggest/best league" and all of the gumpf that goes with it. I think even subconsciously we take this on if not contentiously.

The reality, I think is different. You go abroad and see things advertised the same there. You have Sky Atlantic on and in an advert break they tell you it is the world''s biggest rivals match this week between Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Then you realise if that is the biggest ''rivals match'' how can the premier league be the best in the world.

It isn''t. And it has been far from convincing this season. So much so that if you go down the league how many managers have been changed?

Spurs, Palace, Cardiff, Fulham (twice), West Brom, Sunderland, Swansea - add to that Stoke, Man City , Man Utd and Everton who all changed theirs in the summer it makes you wonder.

The quality of football is getting worse as well. We keep getting told it is progressing towards the better European style of football - I can''t see that either.

When the Germans are playing more attractive and successful football in Europe you know the Premier League is struggling.

Most teams set up in a traditionally Italian style of play with defence first.

The problem with this is that what the top sides do the lesser sides are almost forced to imitate. After all when playing a top side with 5 midfielders do you play four and surrender the space and probably the midfield battle or do you match it?

None of the top four to six teams have been what I call clear cut champions this year. Chelsea may well be top but their football is arguably more defensive than ours at times and regularly uninspiring.

Arsenal can attack but not defend. Man City play good some games, shocking in others.

Liverpool are probably the most entertaining to watch at the moment - to a neutral.

Equally the bottom 10-12 teams look equally as poor with hardly a fag paper between them really.

The apathy I have I feel has grown from the fact that as time goes on the premier league becomes less and less competitive. The desire in players seems to be less obvious and as a result the fans find little to "connect" with.

I remember going away to games, and attending matches at home - where at times, the result barely mattered. Where the banter with the opposition fans could keep you as entertained as the football on the pitch.

I do feel that the ''football experience'' is losing some of its verve, it''s adrenaline to match days etc.

I do wonder how much of it is down to everything about it being so over hyped and so over commentated. I go to games now and hear people moaning more than I do cheering.

I remember cheering when we knew the team was rubbish. I mean hell, I remember cheering when we had a midfield of Llewelyn, Carey, Milligan and Forbes . . . . .

But I don''t blame the fans. I blame the fact that they are led to believe that we are in the premier league and so every player is going to be the new Diego Maradonna, the next Patrick Viera, a young Drogba etc etc etc.

[quote user="iron_stan"]nah trust me its not your age, im about 28 years behind you and im starting to feel similarits like we are just letting him take us down, slow motion car crash stuff and no one doing anything about it[/quote]

Well put!

Then I realised that what my beloved club has left me with isAPATHY !-------------------------------------------Gee that''s apathetic------------------------------------------------I still look at other results and find myself thinking why bother.--------------------------------------------Well at last you''ve found yourself, the rest will follow.------------------------------------------------------Perhaps it will pass but somehow I don''t think it will. ------------------------------------------Try to relax and try not to strain, when it does eventually pass the bloating will subside.