Sign in to follow this  
morty

Where were you all?

Jays post is not a good post, its an excuse for doing nothing, you cant go on messing about something has to be done.

[quote user="Brienne"]Jays post is not a good post, its an excuse for doing nothing, you cant go on messing about something has to be done.[/quote]Okay, pop quiz.Your job depends on it, what do you do? Who do you appoint, and why?

Its a failled argument for carrying on with Hughton, he is not good enough for us and must go, Mcnally will have other options.

[quote user="Brienne"]Its a failled argument for carrying on with Hughton, he is not good enough for us and must go, Mcnally will have other options.[/quote]It wasn''t an argument, it was a question.People call for change for the sake of it, without actually having an answer.Look at the clubs who have changed managers, it hasn''t worked out for all of them, has it?Its a gamble, that could just as easily, not pay off.

[quote user="Brienne"]Its not a gamble for me[/quote]Its not your job, or your money though, is it?Of course its a gamble.

I don''t get all this ''Hughton is doing a terrible job''. It''s fact that he isn''t doing a ''terrible'' job, he''s not doing a good job but he''s doing ok or just under ok at the moment. The main questions we should be asking is where is he going? Is there anyone better? (like the other poster said) And what are our expectations as a club?

morty wrote the following post at 02/03/2014 10:05 PM:

Brienne wrote:

Its not a gamble for me

Its not your job, or your money though, is it?

Of course its a gamble.

My opinion is that we are not going to stay up under Hughton.

So changing manager is no gamble, with a new man we may stay up or we may go down, thats a better option.

[quote user="Brienne"]morty wrote the following post at 02/03/2014 10:05 PM:

Brienne wrote:

Its not a gamble for me

Its not your job, or your money though, is it?

Of course its a gamble.

My opinion is that we are not going to stay up under Hughton.

So changing manager is no gamble, with a new man we may stay up or we may go down, thats a better option.[/quote]Fair enough, if thats your opinion.But changing for someone who could just as easily take us down, really is a gamble.

"Brienne"Its not a gamble for me

It is a gamble. Hughton does enough to get wins when desperately needed.

God knows what manager would come in at this late stage of the, and if they would have enough to keep us up.

A major review and probably change at the end of the season is the most sensible route to take. That''s if people can hold their nerve.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I don''t get all this ''Hughton is doing a terrible job''. It''s fact that he isn''t doing a ''terrible'' job, he''s not doing a good job but he''s doing ok or just under ok at the moment. The main questions we should be asking is where is he going? Is there anyone better? (like the other poster said) And what are our expectations as a club?[/quote]In terms of league position, the premier league has us sat in 15th and yes we are 3 points from wherever but we are 15th, secondly, we all know as fans we have lost some games we should be winning, I am not saying today necessarily. I am also aware we have won some games we may not have expected to.. E.G spurs and the Man City draw. However, when you cannot motivate your team, or execute tactics consistently, over a very long period, questions must be asked.Our expectations is to be a solid, competitive premier league club, certainly in terms of our nearest rivals. Far too often this season we have been weighed, we have been measured and we have been found wanting.

[quote user="Herman "]"Brienne"Its not a gamble for me

It is a gamble. Hughton does enough to get wins when desperately needed.

God knows what manager would come in at this late stage of the, and if they would have enough to keep us up.

A major review and probably change at the end of the season is the most sensible route to take. That''s if people can hold their nerve.[/quote]

^^^Exactly that.

Now... no.At the start of the seasons, seeing how we strengthened and the frailties of other teams... Yes.Either my expectations were too lofty, or the performances have been too poor too often... Either way, I still feel let down.

[quote user="JayNCFC"]Now... no.At the start of the seasons, seeing how we strengthened and the frailties of other teams... Yes.Either my expectations were too lofty, or the performances have been too poor too often... Either way, I still feel let down.[/quote]All our expectations were too ambitious.We got carried away because we spent a bit of money, but were happy to sneer at QPR doing the same last season, and failing.The rollercoaster of the last 3 or 4 years was always going to level out sometime.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="JayNCFC"]Now... no.At the start of the seasons, seeing how we strengthened and the frailties of other teams... Yes.Either my expectations were too lofty, or the performances have been too poor too often... Either way, I still feel let down.[/quote]All our expectations were too ambitious.We got carried away because we spent a bit of money, but were happy to sneer at QPR doing the same last season, and failing.The rollercoaster of the last 3 or 4 years was always going to level out sometime.[/quote]We sneered at QPR because it was reckless, panic driven and so prevalent. I believed we had done our homework, after all we spent big money on one or two really.  To use RvW as a case, the marketing furor banded around him (understandable I guess given his No.9 and record breaking status), the fact we were signing internationals, had finished so promising, we all ALLOWED ourselves to buy in to this sense of excitement around the club, to drive up that expectation level.If you asked McNally, RvW, Fer, me, You, Rob Butler... ANYONE in the club then if they would find where we are now, knowing all that has gone with it, not just league position, if this was expected and acceptable, would any have said yes?If so, they have a wiser head on their shoulders than I.

We''re all disappointed with the result, but a loss away at Villa is not going to define our season and it will not change the fact that we have put in some good performances recently. We are inconsistent and when we come up against a player like Benteke when he hits top form we are not good enough to deal with him. Not many teams would be to be honest. We have to learn to become more consistent and as we improve the squad over time we will be able to cope better with situations like today. It will come but it will take time.

[quote user="JayNCFC"][quote user="morty"][quote user="JayNCFC"]Now... no.At the start of the seasons, seeing how we strengthened and the frailties of other teams... Yes.Either my expectations were too lofty, or the performances have been too poor too often... Either way, I still feel let down.[/quote]All our expectations were too ambitious.We got carried away because we spent a bit of money, but were happy to sneer at QPR doing the same last season, and failing.The rollercoaster of the last 3 or 4 years was always going to level out sometime.[/quote]We sneered at QPR because it was reckless, panic driven and so prevalent. I believed we had done our homework, after all we spent big money on one or two really.  To use RvW as a case, the marketing furor banded around him (understandable I guess given his No.9 and record breaking status), the fact we were signing internationals, had finished so promising, we all ALLOWED ourselves to buy in to this sense of excitement around the club, to drive up that expectation level.If you asked McNally, RvW, Fer, me, You, Rob Butler... ANYONE in the club then if they would find where we are now, knowing all that has gone with it, not just league position, if this was expected and acceptable, would any have said yes?If so, they have a wiser head on their shoulders than I.[/quote]And RvW was out for what, 11 weeks? Hooper injured at the start of the season. Elliot Bennet out one game in. Pilkington has hardly been fit. Howson out for a long period. Tettey out a while too.We spent money bringing our squad up to an acceptable standard (this, in the cold light of day, I too probably got carried away early doors) and to put things in perspective, we are 3 points off 10th position.

I still think 13th is achievable. For 15th isn''t too bad. I had hoped the Wolf would have hit the ground running, but didn''t. From a personal point of view, I wanted our general play to improve on last season, and we have. The end of the season is really big in terms of performance if Hughton wants to continue this project

True, true.... Some very good points there.Still, I will bring it back to my previous point of consistency of people around our position. We have had issues, (the RVW injury, which I seem to have blocked out) but still, it feels our results in this area have not been good enough.

[quote user="JayNCFC"]True, true.... Some very good points there.Still, I will bring it back to my previous point of consistency of people around our position. We have had issues, (the RVW injury, which I seem to have blocked out) but still, it feels our results in this area have not been good enough.[/quote]But consistency is the key, isn''t it?I have no idea, but I wonder when the last time was we were able to pick the same team, 3 or 4 games running?Theres a lot to be said for a settled side, which I don''t think we have had, for many reasons.I think, as a fan, it is impossible to be truly objective. But how much time have we spent in the bottom 3 this season? And reiterating a previous point, we are 3 points off 10th place.Sure, I''d like things to be better, but I think too many are grasping for the panic button, before having a wee think.

Whether we stay up or not, at the end of this season we should sack Hughton and take Rosler from Wigan. Assuming they don''t get promoted.

He did a great job at Brentford. Now doing a great job at Wigan.

Attack minded, yet a good defensive tactician. Good eye for a player too.

Personally I''d try and get him now, but I doubt Wigan would play ball and he seems to honourable a guy to walk out at this stage of the season.

So....hope we stay up, hope they don''t go up, then get him in.

That''s my opinion.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="JayNCFC"]Now... no.At the start of the seasons, seeing how we strengthened and the frailties of other teams... Yes.Either my expectations were too lofty, or the performances have been too poor too often... Either way, I still feel let down.[/quote]All our expectations were too ambitious.We got carried away because we spent a bit of money, but were happy to sneer at QPR doing the same last season, and failing.The rollercoaster of the last 3 or 4 years was always going to level out sometime.[/quote]No. You, quite possibly, morty. But you is not all of us. Thank goodness. No-one with even only half a brain got carried away.

Because Hughton looks like he''ll keep us up whereas if we go for another manager (e.g. many people were saying Ole G. S. before going to Cardiff) if its not the right appointment, then we''ll go down and be as much mugs as cardiff who were doing fine under malky, and Fulham. Theres not much out there at the moment and we''re in a place where most expected (most who don''t support city or are unbiased)

Seems all that''s keeping us up this year, if it happens, is the higher than usual number of poor teams. We are overly dependant on other teams failings.

As for the Cardiff change, their issues are far more about the neutron owner. I seriously doubt anyone could save them.

Well i was very pleased with the performance and result last week albeit i really knew in my heart that we had not turned a corner and it was another episode of rare win followed by several poor results then there will be another rare win just as we hover on the edge of destruction as we inch to safety in what has been one of the worst and most disappointing seasons for a long time