Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Match thread - Aston Villa

Ruddy; Martin, Yobo, Bassong (c), Olsson; Tettey, Johnson; Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Redmond; Hooper.

subs

Bunn (GK), Whittaker, Howson, Pilkington, Elmander, Becchio, R Bennett.

hoolahan back in the starting lineup! looks like wolfy is injured.

Chris Hughton confirmed to us that van Wolfswinkel took a knock to his

knee against Spurs - he was hopeful of being fit but just misses out.Good news that it isn''t too serious. Great to see Wes in. Holt only on their bench.

Looks like best we can hope for is to have enough fit players to play remaining fixtures, we really can not keep a squad together for five minutes!!!

Aston Villa: Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Bertrand, Westwood, Delph, El Ahmadi, Weimann, Benteke, Agbonlahor.Substitutes: Steer, Sylla, Holt, Clark, Albrighton, Bennett, Robinson.Norwich City: Ruddy, Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson, Tettey, Johnson, Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Redmond, Hooper.Substitutes: Bunn, Whittaker, Howson, Pilkington, Elmander, Becchio, R Bennett.

No I am usually very positive and try to avoid being negative.....BUT........I am not happy Wes gets a start to be honest and not Howson, I just happen to be one of those with the view that having slagged off the club the way he did he shouldnt get a game, also I just dont think he will cut it in this game. That said, I now expect a man of the match performance from him, a couple of assists would be great and I can eat my words big time.    

Surprisingly attacking starting eleven. Was expecting Howson in Fer''s role.  Wes has linked up well with Hooper in the past.  Lambert''s certainly scared of him, judging by the way he''s demanded his players hack him down in previous matches.Just wonder if we want to have an open attacking game in this instance. It''s tended to favour Villa when our games have gone that way in the past.

Villa fans seem to be furious about their starting XI, very, very few seem confident of getting anything from this game.

come on Norwich, we can make a nice gap for ourselves from the bottom today

Best way for Wes to put January behind him is to put in a big performance today, glad to see him in there and happy with the team selection.

Why the surprise of Hoolahan and not Howson? Howson hasn''t played in that position no matter what people may think or where they would like him to play.

Fer was playing further forward than he has for a long time last week with Tettey and Johnson in the side. It was very effective and we don''t want to change it too much so therefore Hoolahan is the obvious choice. Howson was fantastic before his injury, in a more central role, often in a 4-4-2, and when part of a 3 with Tettey and Fer, they took it in turns to get forward. Howson hasn''t played in the AM role this season.

He may well be able to play it and be the missing piece we''re looking for, but having not played it this season, why risk it?

Anyone else as nervous as hell ? not going to enjoy this afternoon only tolerate it''s that massive

I don''t think I can take 80mins, the stress will be too much, hope we can get a 2nd...

villa look terrible so farim more worried by the fact hoolahan looked like he had scored against a club hes played for 10 years before joining city, didnt celebrate at all

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Great goal. I''m annoyed that he didn''t celebrate. He''s been a NCFC for 6 years! Come on Hooly, you owe them nothing![/quote]
This it''s more Lambert than Villa.