Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

How is that when we win....

All the deluded''s appear praising and celebrating the manager and lavishing him as some sort of tactical genius. Yet when we lose (which is the norm), it''s the player''s fault and the manager cannot be blamed? Imagine wanting to possess a cake but also wanting to eat it at the same time. Can''t be done i''m afraid.

Both of you are correct, as it is the mindset of an inner vs. and outer. The way to settle it in my mind, is how often do we play well vs. how often have we had a no show or a capitulation this season?
I think you''ll find outers exist for a reason, and thats because there are far more bad than good performances and results.

Like a morgue on here when we win but a case of Forum meltdown when we don''t

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Both of you are correct, as it is the mindset of an inner vs. and outer. The way to settle it in my mind, is how often do we play well vs. how often have we had a no show or a capitulation this season?
I think you''ll find outers exist for a reason, and thats because there are far more bad than good performances and results.
[/quote]Nobody could argue that it wasn''t a poor performance today. Too many didn''t turn up and although Wes had some nice touches we were generally weak in midfield without Leroy Fer.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Both of you are correct, as it is the mindset of an inner vs. and outer. The way to settle it in my mind, is how often do we play well vs. how often have we had a no show or a capitulation this season?
[/quote]Nobody could argue that it wasn''t a poor performance today. Too many didn''t turn up and although Wes had some nice touches we were generally weak in midfield without Leroy Fer.[/quote]
Sorry Ricardo, but that is pure guesswork. Considering BJ''s complete turnaround in form you have no idea how Fer would have performed. I think he has looked worse than BJ for weeks, and could easily have been just as much of a passenger. He would have likely started in front of Hoolahan, and we might have even drawn a blank, we just won''t know.
I think we will relish having Howson back, and if I had to chose having Howson or Fer, I''d pick Howson every time. He offers way more for me.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Both of you are correct, as it is the mindset of an inner vs. and outer. The way to settle it in my mind, is how often do we play well vs. how often have we had a no show or a capitulation this season?
[/quote]Nobody could argue that it wasn''t a poor performance today. Too many didn''t turn up and although Wes had some nice touches we were generally weak in midfield without Leroy Fer.[/quote]
Sorry Ricardo, but that is pure guesswork. Considering BJ''s complete turnaround in form you have no idea how Fer would have performed. I think he has looked worse than BJ for weeks, and could easily have been just as much of a passenger. He would have likely started in front of Hoolahan, and we might have even drawn a blank, we just won''t know.
I think we will relish having Howson back, and if I had to chose having Howson or Fer, I''d pick Howson every time. He offers way more for me.
[/quote]I would have picked Howson in front of Wes. Yes there were some nice touches but too often he was easily brushed off the ball. IMO he is a luxury player when you are struggling to pick up points.

[quote user="ricardo"]I would have picked Howson in front of Wes. Yes there were some nice touches but too often he was easily brushed off the ball. IMO he is a luxury player when you are struggling to pick up points.[/quote]
But surely not to start a game after 2 months out and injured? I thought the team was the correct selection. I wouldn''t want Snoddy starting, but after scoring last week, it''d have been harsh to leave him on the bench, so it was the correct team for me.
Just really poor weak minded mentality when the opposition scores against us, whoever they are. We''ve conceded quick goals one after another in games recently against West Ham, Cardiff, and now Villa in recent weeks. There is a serious problem that the management need to address.

Ricardo nails it again.......sometimes people need to accept when they are wrong. I accept that it was great to see Wes notch and almost do it a second time, our failings in midfield were because as a unit we werent strong enough. For me, that was because, when we have the three of Fer,Tettey and Johnson or a Howson, Tettey,Johnson the midfield plays as a unit...........BUT......when Wes comes in (and many wont like this) unfortunately the unit doesnt happen because Wes is fannying around doing what HE thinks he should be doing rather than actually playing for the team.......today he was actually poncing around trying to show the Villa fans how good he was whilst neglecting his duties as a team player in a team that simply cannot afford a luxury player. I am often not critical of CH, but today I too didnt want him to start Wes and genuinely felt when I saw the selection that we wouldnt win, despite being confident we would earlier.....oh, and Bassong did have a bit of a mare.........that said, Benteke kept them up last season and will again this.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Both of you are correct, as it is the mindset of an inner vs. and outer. The way to settle it in my mind, is how often do we play well vs. how often have we had a no show or a capitulation this season?

[/quote]

You disappoint me but you don''t surprise me. You were sooo against this gloating situation last week. I knew it would be a different story when we lost. We won''t get more good performances andf results. You people who like to gloat when we lose will always have the upper hand whilst we''re in this league.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Both of you are correct, as it is the mindset of an inner vs. and outer. The way to settle it in my mind, is how often do we play well vs. how often have we had a no show or a capitulation this season?

[/quote]

You disappoint me but you don''t surprise me. You were sooo against this gloating situation last week. I knew it would be a different story when we lost. We won''t get more good performances andf results. You people who like to gloat when we lose will always have the upper hand whilst we''re in this league.

[/quote]

Seen a lot of clutching of straws today...... not sure where the gloating is here. Another pathetic attempt from an inner to deflect away from the untenable position of being a Houghton supporter.

"It''s Character Forming"

How is it that when we win loads of posters are nowhere to be seen? But a defeat brings them all out in droves

Amen to that.

Herman wrote the following post at 03/03/2014 7:05 AM:

"It''s Character Forming"

How is it that when we win loads of posters are nowhere to be seen? But a defeat brings them all out in droves

Amen to that.

It will always be the same, but the manner of the defeat will not have helped.

[quote user="Herman "]"It''s Character Forming"

Amen to that.[/quote]If you need people to explain that phenomenon , Herman, then you are even more deluded than I''d originally thought.