Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

And..........

......in the real world, we''re still three points off mid table, 12th to be equal points with 10th position and home form has seen us take  8 points from the last 12.Roll on Stoke.........

Also in the real world we are 4 points off the relegation zone with some very tough fixtures coming up...

I''m neither an outer or an inner but your continual blind faith astounds me...can you not understand why people are concerned about their club?

Making comments like ''real world'' is completely uncalled for and quite frankly inaccurate

In the real world anybody watching that today who thinks we are going to survive should go and have their mental health checked out . We would not have beaten a Championship side today , we have the hardest run in of all and next season we will be playing a league lower .We deserve to go down , we have been utter 5hite for well over a year now and have done nothing to correct the problem because the problem is a nice man .

I''m with yobocop on this one, you can be positive for the future but still accept today was a complete shitshow of a performance. Trouble is.... We have to deal with the cold hard facts and points total, we can tally up our potential points till the cows come home, but if we play like that against some of these other teams they are going to remain hypothetical

[quote user="lake district canary"]......in the real world, we''re still three points off mid table, 12th to be equal points with 10th position and home form has seen us take  8 points from the last 12.Roll on Stoke.........

[/quote]

The real world being your real world......hmmmmm.....

well your both right, we''re close to 10th, but we''re also near the relegation zone; kind of what is expected for our club

[quote user="lake district canary"]......in the real world, we''re still three points off mid table, 12th to be equal points with 10th position and home form has seen us take  8 points from the last 12.Roll on Stoke.........

[/quote]

You really are a bit of a tool some times jumbo

MM gets it right, trouble is that it is clear a signficant majority just dont seem to get it. Of course, based on the season to date, the real world is....that we should certainly be expecting to win at the weekend.......regardless of how we are feeling after last night and nobody on here will be happy with what was a very sloppy 15 minutes in particular, after which it was just about damage limitation. Not sure if everyone realises, but its going to be up and down like this until the end of the season and probably similar next season too..........  

Of course I should have said in the real world we are three points off mid-table and we are four points off the relegation zone. 

Every time we lose we get a diatribe of Hughton out stuff.  I am merely pointing out that the situation has two sides.  The doom mongers only report on the down side and fail to see any up side.   Yes we hurt because we lost yesterday, but that follows two super home performances and four points from the previous two home matches to that.  

I never said we weren''t in danger, of course we are.  What I refuse to do is be dragged down by people who only see arguments as one sided.   It was a bad game to lose, but Hughton has shown time and time again we can bounce back. That kind of resilience is vital to this league, the way it is.  If you don''t understand that, that is your problem, but we ARE three points away from 12th and equal points with 10th.  On the back of a four match run at home we have a good opportunity to get towards that against Stoke. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Of course I should have said in the real world we are three points off mid-table and we are four points off the relegation zone. 

Every time we lose we get a diatribe of Hughton out stuff.  I am merely pointing out that the situation has two sides.  The doom mongers only report on the down side and fail to see any up side.   Yes we hurt because we lost yesterday, but that follows two super home performances and four points from the previous two home matches to that.  

I never said we weren''t in danger, of course we are.  What I refuse to do is be dragged down by people who only see arguments as one sided.   It was a bad game to lose, but Hughton has shown time and time again we can bounce back. That kind of resilience is vital to this league, the way it is.  If you don''t understand that, that is your problem, but we ARE three points away from 12th and equal points with 10th.  On the back of a four match run at home we have a good opportunity to get towards that against Stoke. 

[/quote]

Is that the same Stoke who just beat Arsenal?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]I never said we weren''t in danger, of course we are.  [/quote]Yes you have.Loads of times.[/quote]

Rubbish.  Show me where.   My arguments are based on looking at both sides of what may happen.  

Yup.

And the same Stoke we beat away earlier in the season when nobody was expecting it. Funny old game, innit?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]well your both right, we''re close to 10th, but we''re also near the relegation zone; kind of what is expected for our club[/quote]

What did anyone really expect, if we had a cracking season we would realistically be 9th at best. so we are probably suffering from gross over expectation in the first place, the league is becoming more & more 2 halves, majority of the bottom half is always going to be no more than a few points apart so therefore will always be a roller coast whoever we employ as manager.

[quote user="funny old game"][quote user="mrs miggins"]well your both right, we''re close to 10th, but we''re also near the relegation zone; kind of what is expected for our club[/quote]

What did anyone really expect, if we had a cracking season we would realistically be 9th at best. so we are probably suffering from gross over expectation in the first place, the league is becoming more & more 2 halves, majority of the bottom half is always going to be no more than a few points apart so therefore will always be a roller coast whoever we employ as manager.[/quote]

Some people seem to think we should win every game.......Jumping up and down and crying because we''re not safe yet is pointless.  As you say, it is always going to be a roller coaster.   I like the fact that Hughton and the club have kept their nerve - and imo will carry on doing so.   It sends out a strong message to the players.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I like the fact that Hughton and the club have kept their nerve - and imo will carry on doing so.   It sends out a strong message to the players.

[/quote]What message is that Lakey ?The one that led to an abject surrender yesterday ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]I like the fact that Hughton and the club have kept their nerve - and imo will carry on doing so.   It sends out a strong message to the players.[/quote]What message is that Lakey ?The one that led to an abject surrender yesterday ?[/quote]

The strong message is that the players are the ones that have to take the responsibility on the pitch.   That is as it should be.   We have seen time and time again that they respond to losses positively. They will again.  Abject surrender?   We lost a match. It happens.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]I like the fact that Hughton and the club have kept their nerve - and imo will carry on doing so.   It sends out a strong message to the players.[/quote]What message is that Lakey ?The one that led to an abject surrender yesterday ?[/quote]

The strong message is that the players are the ones that have to take the responsibility on the pitch.   That is as it should be.   We have seen time and time again that they respond to losses positively. They will again.  Abject surrender?   We lost a match. It happens.

[/quote]Are you not concerned by the regular occurrence of us conceding one, only to then concede another in close succession?  The worse thing was yesterday we conceded 4 in no time.  It''s a joke.I backed Hughton for a long time, I always thought he had it in him to turn this season around, but our from since the end of December has been woeful.  Away defeats to Cardiff, West Ham and Villa are just diabolical - if we''d have taken a couple of points I would have been happier but to have each of those clubs gain 3 points on us when we are all involved in a relegation battle is tantamount to suicide.I will not be happy until Hughton has gone.  Yes he pulls a result out of the bag every now and again, but for a team to be so hell bent on not creating anything in the final third the buck has to stop with the manager.  We have not scored more than 1 goal in a match since December 7th - and yet people stick back this man as manager?  If we''d have done something similar under Worthy, Grant, Roeder, Rioch, Hamilton et al they''d have been out of the door long ago and the fans would have been happy too.Goals win games, and under Hughton if we concede the best we can do is get a point.  Disgraceful.  Hughton OUT.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Abject surrender?   We lost a match. It happens.

[/quote]You keep denying it, but I''ll keep reminding people.Easily satisfied.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Yes he pulls a result out of the bag every now and again [/quote]To date, CH delivers a result when he thinks his job is on the line.  Maybe he should be employed on a "game by game" basis until the end of the season?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]Abject surrender?   We lost a match. It happens.[/quote]You keep denying it, but I''ll keep reminding people.Easily satisfied.[/quote]You''re arguments are full of holes Reg.  I''ve never said that I''m satisfied, easily or otherwise.  You are just making it up.  I want to see development and improvement as much as anybody. I may have a little more patience and a better grasp on seeing both sides of an argument than you appear to have, but that is just me.   I can understand and respect a view point that says Hughton should go - but I have no respect for the viewpoint that keeps shouting "Hughton out" accompanied by lies and misinformation about anybody who has a differing view.   My viewpoint is just as valid as yours - yet all you do is come up with misinformation and attempts to twist what has been said.   Then you twist and writhe under people telling you you are making things up - but it is what you do, time and time again. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''ve never said that I''m satisfied, easily or otherwise.  You are just making it up.  I want to see development and improvement as much as anybody. I may have a little more patience and a better grasp on seeing both sides of an argument than you appear to have, but that is just me.   I can understand and respect a view point that says Hughton should go - but I have no respect for the viewpoint that keeps shouting "Hughton out" accompanied by lies and misinformation about anybody who has a differing view.   My viewpoint is just as valid as yours - yet all you do is come up with misinformation and attempts to twist what has been said.   Then you twist and writhe under people telling you you are making things up - but it is what you do, time and time again.  [/quote]I''ve give you examples plenty of times (inc this morning) to demonstrate how easily satisfied you are. You may like to dress it up in other terms, but easy satisfaction is what it is.However you constantly fail to supply any evidence whatever of  me lying or making stuff up (again your dressing up of a situation). So we can only assume that it''s another of your fantasies, Lakey.are you seriously saying that I ''made it up'' that earlier in this thread you said that '' it was just another defeat'' or words to that effect.Easily satisfied, as I say. And will continue to. Until you get the message.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]I''ve never said that I''m satisfied, easily or otherwise.  You are just making it up.  I want to see development and improvement as much as anybody. I may have a little more patience and a better grasp on seeing both sides of an argument than you appear to have, but that is just me.   I can understand and respect a view point that says Hughton should go - but I have no respect for the viewpoint that keeps shouting "Hughton out" accompanied by lies and misinformation about anybody who has a differing view.   My viewpoint is just as valid as yours - yet all you do is come up with misinformation and attempts to twist what has been said.   Then you twist and writhe under people telling you you are making things up - but it is what you do, time and time again.[/quote]I''ve give you examples plenty of times (inc this morning) to demonstrate how easily satisfied you are. You may like to dress it up in other terms, but easy satisfaction is what it is. However you constantly fail to supply any evidence whatever of  me lying or making stuff up (again your dressing up of a situation). So we can only assume that it''s another of your fantasies, Lakey. are you seriously saying that I ''made it up'' that earlier in this thread you said that '' it was just another defeat'' or words to that effect. Easily satisfied, as I say. And will continue to. Until you get the message.[/quote]And I''ll keep pointing out to you when you are putting words into my mouth or changing what I have written to suit your agenda.    Actually, I won''t because its not worth the effort.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]
Abject surrender?   We lost a match. It happens.
[/quote]
You keep denying it, but I''ll keep reminding people.
Easily satisfied.
[/quote]

You''re arguments are full of holes Reg. 

I''ve never said that I''m satisfied, easily or otherwise.  You are just making it up.  I want to see development and improvement as much as anybody.
I may have a little more patience and a better grasp on seeing both sides of an argument than you appear to have, but that is just me.  

I can understand and respect a view point that says Hughton should go - but I have no respect for the viewpoint that keeps shouting "Hughton out" accompanied by lies and misinformation about anybody who has a differing view.   My viewpoint is just as valid as yours - yet all you do is come up with misinformation and attempts to twist what has been said.   Then you twist and writhe under people telling you you are making things up - but it is what you do, time and time again.

[/quote]

I have seen many examples of Trolls at work like these ldc/wiz characters on other forums I use, we usually hit the ''ignore'' button and that starves them of the attention they grave.

Alas there is no such button on here so maybe just blanking them would work too. After getting tired of bumping up their own threads they go off to plague other sites.

Lakey, I too can''t find any positives in the football we play anymore. In the past I have been quite impressed by your positivity, but I fail to understand it now. We are cr@p and deserve to get relegated. This is a very hard thing for me to say as a lifetime City fan, but it''s the truth. A manager signs two strikers but can''t set up a teal that feeds them to score. Don''t start pointing the finger at the striker..who did he bring on to play right wing yesterday? I think the man''s record speaks for itself. Sorry, I am a very, very dissapointed City fan and do not see any positives , whatever way you put it. You are gloating about a 0-0 draw against Man Citeh, a game we could have won, a few 1-0 victories, where we scraped over the line...? I think we have been utter cr@p this season, you can say what you want. Just look at the football and judge us by the football

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

I have seen many examples of Trolls at work like these ldc/wiz characters on other forums I use, we usually hit the ''ignore'' button and that starves them of the attention they grave.

Alas there is no such button on here so maybe just blanking them would work too. After getting tired of bumping up their own threads they go off to plague other sites.

[/quote]In fairness, Jimbo, I don''t think Lakey is a troll. Merely very misguided, and, like Morty , NN and others, when people post with perfectly valid views that are at variance to their own narrow agenda, the kneejerk reaction is to accuse them of lying and making stuff up. Lakey''s fave is to allege ''misrepresentation '', but of course we all know all that that means is he doesn''t like what others have posted about his contributions. Classic forum behaviour, which, Jimbo , if you are a regular on other forums, as you say, you''ll recognise immediately.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

I have seen many examples of Trolls at work like these ldc/wiz characters on other forums I use, we usually hit the ''ignore'' button and that starves them of the attention they grave.  Alas there is no such button on here so maybe just blanking them would work too. After getting tired of bumping up their own threads they go off to plague other sites.

[/quote]In fairness, Jimbo, I don''t think Lakey is a troll.  Merely very misguided, and, like Morty , NN and others, when people post with perfectly valid views that are at variance to their own narrow agenda, the kneejerk reaction is to accuse them of lying and making stuff up. Lakey''s fave is to allege ''misrepresentation '', but of course we all know all that that means is he doesn''t like what others have posted about his contributions. Classic forum behaviour, which, Jimbo , if you are a regular on other forums, as you say, you''ll recognise immediately.[/quote]

In fairness to NN, Morty and others, the same message is there from them. You, Reggie and you alone set yourself apart from any decent argument because you change what people say.   You don''t appear to be able to take what people say at face value.   Your way of posting is to alter what people say to suit what you want to say.  That is not argument or discussion as I know it.Btw Jimbo, accusations of being a troll are just pathetic.  If you can''t win an argument, accuse the poster of being a troll. Well done.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[/quote]

In fairness, Jimbo, I don''t think Lakey is a troll.

Merely very misguided, and, like Morty , NN and others, when people post with perfectly valid views that are at variance to their own narrow agenda, the kneejerk reaction is to accuse them of lying and making stuff up. Lakey''s fave is to allege ''misrepresentation '', but of course we all know all that that means is he doesn''t like what others have posted about his contributions. Classic forum behaviour, which, Jimbo , if you are a regular on other forums, as you say, you''ll recognise immediately.
[/quote]

I do Mr Reggie, sadly I do.[:(]

What argument is there to be won? Just look at the table, our goals scored average, are games to come and the way we play...speaks for itself...doesn''t need any clarification...we have been below par this season.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]What argument is there to be won? Just look at the table, our goals scored average, are games to come and the way we play...speaks for itself...doesn''t need any clarification...we have been below par this season.[/quote]Precisely, RF.Quite where I or anyone else has ''twisted'', ''misrepresented'' or ''lied about'' that is anyone''s guess.Over to you Lakey.....