Sign in to follow this  
Carlos Valderrama

Caretaker Manager?? Just 'til summer....

why do people keep chiming on about adams, its absolutely stupidi want hughton gone but it would be suicide to appoint adamssome people have short memories, last time we appointed someone with zero experience from within the club we ended up in league 1 and getting spanked 7-1 by colchesterit never works, give it up, a youth fa cup win doesnt mean bugger all

At this point, experience counts for less than zero.

What was displayed in the Cup win was an ability to outmanoeuvre and outthink a supposedly superior competitor.

By any definition that has to be one of the key requirements of a coach. Judging by the inflexible and moribund performances of recent months it is something NCFC is badly lacking.

Whilst I''m not sure Neil Adams would be the answer, comparing him to Bryan Gunn is unfair.

Gunny was working in the marketing department when appointed, which shows the precarious position we found ourselves in with the previous higher management. Adams has been coaching at the club for several years, and has led the youth team to victory in a competition we realistically had no right to win. Also, ex colleagues of his rate his coaching skills and knowledge of the game highly and the youth players are very complimentary of his style.

I also think his appointment would galvanise the crowd and bring everyone onside for the remaining games. Not sure it would be enough, but not sure we have enough now, after what I witnessed yesterday.

We are halfway down the wicket now and do not know whether to go back or forwards. Neil Adams is an absolute non starter for me we would replicate what Wolves did a few seasons back.We probably best sticking with H until the end of the season but if we lose to Stoke i really do think there is no way back for him. We still only need about 8 points from 10 games so still have every chance

Most people laughed on here when I said Tony Pulis would be better than our current lot, so I expect no more than dogs abuse for my next suggestions maybe on a 10 game contract

Martin ONeill or Phelan or both with Sutton, Adams, or there choices as part of a coaching set up

I just can''t see anyone doing any worse. Once Benteke scored his first goal yesterday, we crumbled and lost our way big time.

4-1 is a joke to team on the same points as us and we made them look good because we were so bad.

Like I said, can any manager, caretaker or otherwise do any worse?!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]We can but hope.We are going DOWN with this guy in charge, so there would be no gamble at all appointing Adams nor anyone else.[/quote]

You are just mouthing off.  We are not down. We are not up either. We are in a fight. Why can''t you get your head around that? Why does it have to be "we are down".  Do wins count for nothing?  Look at our recent home record - WDDW.  Away is a different story, but the picture is not all doom and gloom.

[quote user="funny old game"]10 Guest managers, 1 per game that way we''ll get the new manager effect in every game[/quote]

Ha ha! That''s an ingenious solution to our problem.

Whilst I think we may just scrape over the line with Hughton, what seems clear is that he is not the answer going forward (and I think if he starts to believe that there is little reason to stick with him)

I think maybe the dead cat bounce may well be enough to get us over the line if it is someone we can all rally behind who is able to instill some passion in the team.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Neil Adams??

I have had enough of Hughton now, never seen a team look so low on confidence, that''s our problem.[/quote]After Spurs the lads looked so happy. Full of confidence. Carrow Road was singing and everyone was in good spirits.... How we managed to go from that to losing 4-1 against Villa..... well something clearly isn''t right in the management section

YES I know that he is one of Chris Hughton''s merry men, but would Goalkeeper coach Dave Watson have anything to offer?after all he is supposed to be good enough for England!

Looks to me like the players are playing for themselves. I don''t think hoolahans non-celebration did much for the cause in terms of confidence.

We need someone to lead, I don''t think Hughton can lift us any more. We need 3 wins from the next 5 minimum. Change of manager syndrome could do that.

Adams for me would be a good simple choice.

How about the possibility of bringing new coaches in with different

ideas and a fresh approach which could stimulate either the players or

new tactics/plans for the current staff?