Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Player ratings

Any thoughts on player ratings today guys? Personally I thought the whole team were poor and nobody came out with any credit. Whether we stay up it not Id like to see wholesale changes as I''m sick of such inconsistent, gutless performances.

to be fair, i dont really see what Ruddy could have done to prevent any of the goals. 1 wonder strike, 3 times the defending let him down

Bassong had an absolute nightmare. He should be dropped - he could have cost us the win last week, I remember him being outjumped by Nathan Dyer for Swanseas goal & today he was awful. Shanked the ball out for the corner then was hopelessly outmuscled by Benteke. Thats before the own goal

Hooper struggles on his own. People criticise Elmander, but Hooper looks 10x the player when playing with him. However, Elmander is NOT a right winger - any coincidence as Calderwood played Holt on the right at Forest?

As for Wes, I have no idea what the non celebration was all about?

don''t think olsson did alot wrong really, been one of the more consistent performers this season.

apart from him and ruddy, no one really stood out. i thought tettey was okaay, and again when fit has been good this year.

[quote user="ncfcben"]don''t think olsson did alot wrong really, been one of the more consistent performers this season.

apart from him and ruddy, no one really stood out. i thought tettey was okaay, and again when fit has been good this year.[/quote]
I didn''t think Tettey had his greatest game to be fair.
Ruddy didn''t have much to do except pick the ball out after poor defending left him horribly exposed for 3/4 and the other was a fantastic strike that he could not have anticipated.
Olsson did OK I thought, probably our best performer today and came out with some credit. I didn''t think Cafu had a terrible game either. 
The rest of the team need to be brought in for extra training this week, and some mental conditioning. I''m sick to death of watching us look terrified and capitulate every time we concede a goal. We''re like a boxer that goes down with every punch at the moment.

I think like ruddy, Tettey was left exposed in midfield at times

completely agree, everytime they came forward after the goal, we looked scared, started to back of them and let them play.

we just panicked with everything.

Could ruddy of came for the second goal? Benteke makes contact inside the six yard box I seem to remember. Have to watch it again though. Thought tettey was ok in possession but like Johnson continued to allow the villa midfield to run forward unmarked.

he possibly could of come for the ball, i did think that at the time. but hard to blame him for the goal.

both looked overrun in midfield by villa really

For the first 20 minutes all the players could have had 9''s or 10''s but after that most of them were struggling to register a 2.It is very worrying how 11 players can suddenly become so ineffectual after looking to be so comfortable.And the subs were no better. Pilkinton was totally anonymous for the whole 45 minutes he was on, so much so he really needn''t have bothered and what we got from Elmander was totally expected - nothing.

[quote user="Making Plans"]
Pilkinton was totally anonymous for the whole 45 minutes he was on, so much so he really needn''t have bothered

[/quote]

You could say he played like someone who doesn''t want to be here...

i agree, midfield started well and dominated early on. then went to bits after they scored.

well Hughton never has been great with subs, why he bothers with Elmander is beyond me, does nothing every time.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]

Pilkington 5 [/quote]What did Pilkington do to earn a 5 - apart from walking on to the pitch, he did nothing that was positive that could be classed as positive

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]

Pilkington 5 [/quote]What did Pilkington do to earn a 5 - apart from walking on to the pitch, he did nothing that was positive that could be classed as positive[/quote]

Kinda using football manager style ratings. 6 is having a bang average game, 5 is anonymous which he was and to go below that he''d need to have made a costly mistake or been exceptionally poor. He just did nothing, like most of the team after the first goal went in