Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Anyone think Hughton would get another PL job?

KeepTheFaith wrote the following post at 2014-03-03 10:42 PM:

I dear City.

Maybe you have done a classic 4 + 4 = 9.

Hoots will not lose his job if we stay up but as you are convinced we are going down you will get your wish... Or wi you!

The fat lady has not sung yet.

I haven''t said city will go down, and nor have I said I wish that they will, that is pure conjecture on your part, if you look back you will see that in fact I have stated that stay up or get relegated I believe Hughton will not be our manager next season! You are as big a pillock as LDC.

If someone in the ticket office was able to assure City 2nd that Hughton would have departed ahead of next season, why are we spending money on the Press dept.

Did this contact tell you who would be in place or are you obliged to keep it under your hat?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]haha absolutely no hope. If the Premiership is the 20 best teams in the land, he is hardly one of the 20 best managers currently. I wouldn''t blame a club if they used him to get promoted, and then did a Newcastle on him. Too nice, and somewhat naive for this level.[/quote]

To be fair to Chris he''s currently the 15th best manager.

[/quote]
It''s only down to our board that he''s even a Prem manager at all. He''s punching above his own weight currently, which is evident in our very unconvincing, scrappy wins this season.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]I dear City.

Maybe you have done a classic 4 + 4 = 9.

Hoots will not lose his job if we stay up but as you are convinced we are going down you will get your wish... Or wi you!

The fat lady has not sung yet.[/quote]
As a fan you cannot possibly know this. Nothing is set in stone until it happens. Stoke fired Pulis after they stayed up. It is not inconceivable that we might do the same.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]haha absolutely no hope. If the Premiership is the 20 best teams in the land, he is hardly one of the 20 best managers currently. I wouldn''t blame a club if they used him to get promoted, and then did a Newcastle on him. Too nice, and somewhat naive for this level.[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s only down to our board that he''s even a Prem manager at all. He''s punching above his own weight currently, which is evident in our very unconvincing, scrappy wins this season.

[/quote]

As a fan you couldn''t possibly know this.

Well think how he got our job. Overall, as far as managers go. Even if he got sacked now, he''ll go down as reasonable success despite the at times dull football. He''s lasted nearly 2 years when most managers do well to last one.

If someone like Palace stayed up by the skin of their teeth and Pulis did a runner then perhaps they''d consider him if he was available.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Sorry which part don''t I know? It is a fact that he is still here as the board have not sacked him. End of.
With the high level of inconsistency, and the margin of our goals scored in games won, how can my remark about unconvincing wins be incorrect too? Name me one game this season we have dominated another team for the majority of a game and come away with the points?

Unlikely, I feel. He shows little improvement in his capacity, so if he leaves us in the summer (should it be when he leaves us...?), I doubt if he will walk into another Prem manager''s job.

There is an interesting question here, why there are so few top EPL managers who are English. There are several Scots who have done well, and increasingly foreigners, but we wait for the next outstanding English manager.

I am not sure about Hughton''s ultimate level, but he has had money to spend and the Board have shown him loyalty as far as I can see, and there has been little improvement in consistency or quality. If he had better assistants perhaps he would be better.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry which part don''t I know? It is a fact that he is still here as the board have not sacked him. End of.

With the high level of inconsistency, and the margin of our goals scored in games won, how can my remark about unconvincing wins be incorrect too? Name me one game this season we have dominated another team for the majority of a game and come away with the points?

[/quote]

From this reply it seems that it isn''t just parts you don''t know.

Oh FFS. Isn''t anyone allowed to just offer an honestly held opinion or belief these days without the usual suspects shouting the odds about proof, evidence, or accusing people of twisting things or making stuff up ?There is no evidence or proof that Jesus Christ existed, but it does not stop billions of people believing in Him, or getting strength from that belief. I do not follow Christianity, but  equally I do not stand outside churches haranguing those going in, re ''evidence''.I too believe that CH will not be the manager of Norwich City next season, whatever happens over the next 3 months. I have no evidence to support that. I do not need any. It is my opinion. In August, it will be proven either right or wrong.

Who are "the usual suspects" reggie?

People who dont share your opinion?

Isnt that allosed here then?

[quote user="morty"]Who are "the usual suspects" reggie?

People who dont share your opinion?

Isnt that allosed here then?[/quote]Well you seem to trap off on a fairly regular basis about that sort of thing Morty, for a kick off.As for your other questions, what on earth are you blabbering on about? You clearly did not read (or perhaps conveniently chose not to understand) my post. Just to clarify....As far as I am concerned, anyone is allowed an opinion on here, and particularly if it''s expressed as that, should not be taken to task over it. As you are so keen on this sort of thing, perhaps you can show me anywhere where I''ve dismissed anyone for having an opinion that is different to mine . I will argue my corner if needed, but you, Lakey, NN, KTF etc are entitled to your honestly held view, however much I (and evidently many others ) disagree with it.

I think you need to step away from the internet fella.
Or get laid, or something.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Oh FFS. Isn''t anyone allowed to just offer an honestly held opinion or belief these days without the usual suspects shouting the odds about proof, evidence, or accusing people of twisting things or making stuff up ?There is no evidence or proof that Jesus Christ existed, but it does not stop billions of people believing in Him, or getting strength from that belief. I do not follow Christianity, but  equally I do not stand outside churches haranguing those going in, re ''evidence''.I too believe that CH will not be the manager of Norwich City next season, whatever happens over the next 3 months. I have no evidence to support that. I do not need any. It is my opinion. In August, it will be proven either right or wrong. [/quote]In point of fact, there''s plenty of evidence that Jesus Christ existed ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus ), it''s whether he was God that is a matter of faith (sorry, couldn''t resist).I *believe* that:1.  CH will be our manger until the end of this season2.  CH is the wrong manager for NorwichSo, I *hope* that:1.  We stay up2.  CH is replaced for next season, irrespective of whether we stay up or not (follows from 2 above).Will any of this happen?  I don''t know.Still could be worse - we could be Dynamo Kiev supporters, then we might really have something to worry about.

yes he will.. because thankfully the people within football realise that we arent Barcelona and are infact the smallest club in the division (as mcNally has confirmed)

by the very fact he guided us to our SECOND EVER best top flight finish last season and looks on course to keep us up I would wager the board at another club would seriously consider a manager who can get the best of a set up like ours.

Perhaps all those out of work managers who sit by the phone waiting for it to ring are better options???? they are out of work for a reason....

As much as I don''t want him to be sacked and replaced by the ginger in scotland at the end of the season, i''m pretty damn sure he will

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

yes he will.. because thankfully the people within football realise that we arent Barcelona and are infact the smallest club in the division (as mcNally has confirmed)

by the very fact he guided us to our SECOND EVER best top flight finish last season and looks on course to keep us up I would wager the board at another club would seriously consider a manager who can get the best of a set up like ours.

Perhaps all those out of work managers who sit by the phone waiting for it to ring are better options???? they are out of work for a reason....

[/quote]No. Fifth best.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]No. Fifth best.[/quote]

I reckon Jas meant 2nd best PL finish. But you''re right about 5th best top flight or to put it another way 5th best finish in 111 years.

I think sometimes we get carried away very quicky. I was one of those who felt we could win at Villa but after the reality I suddenly remembered how many times I''d been to that ground without seeing a win. And whether we like it or not our expected position in the wealth table won''t be out of the bottom three. If he is sacked tomorrow Chris Hughton''s cv will be improved for the time he managed our club.

Nige, steve Bruce did indeed get another PL job but he brought Hull up.

The only way, IMO of Sir Chris getting another PL job would be getting a team promoted.

He has an eye for a player but doesn''t influence a game "in play". We are now approaching 70+ substitutions without a single goal or assist.

For me it''s def a no.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Nige, steve Bruce did indeed get another PL job but he brought Hull up. The only way, IMO of Sir Chris getting another PL job would be getting a team promoted. He has an eye for a player but doesn''t influence a game "in play". We are now approaching 70+ substitutions without a single goal or assist. For me it''s def a no.[/quote]

I''m surprised!!!

[quote user="TCCANARY"]From this reply it seems that it isn''t just parts you don''t know.

[/quote]
Thanks for that worthwhile, and oh-so insightful response! You really proved my point wrong. Not [Y]

I think he would yes. Although the number of teams employing a British manager continues to decline, he has a modest (but importantly, not poor) track record in this division, so I''d say he''s one of the better available British managers,

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="TCCANARY"]From this reply it seems that it isn''t just parts you don''t know.

[/quote]

Thanks for that worthwhile, and oh-so insightful response! You really proved my point wrong. Not [Y]

[/quote]

I had no need to, it''s all there in what have written, go back and read it again and work it out for yourself.

He''s on course to keep a club fighting relegation up for the 2nd season in a row, so yes he would.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="TCCANARY"]From this reply it seems that it isn''t just parts you don''t know.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I had no need to, it''s all there in what have written, go back and read it again and work it out for yourself. 

[/quote]
**was?
Anyway I humoured you and looked back, and it seems to me that where one person labels fact as CH keeping his job if we stay up (predicting the future) I claim that it is down to our board that he is still here (the present right here and now). Other than that it seems you have deflected away from explaining why it is I am indeed wrong, and have come up with the conclusion that your debate holds little to no weight. Unless I''m wrong, and have missed the point. If so I am calling you out to explain what that point is, rather than taking the easy/lazy option of not backing up your opinion.

[quote user="lake district canary"]IF we stay up Hughton will stay and if we then develop into a stronger team next season and the team finds more confidence away from home and we do well, he will stay with us for a fourth year.IF after those four years we are still in this league, Hughton will have demonstrated he can build a strong set up in the toughest league in the world. Of course he will be in line for another premiership job in that situation. So the answer to the OP is - yes, if he keeps us up.  [/quote]

Ok, so several people have mentioned this post. It sounds like I am stating a fact, which is wrong.  It is my opinion. But it is opinion based on what will probably happen - and would at most clubs of our size and in our position.  

If we stay up Hughton has been successful two seasons in a row.  He has a squad built around his philosophy and a huge amount of money - for us - has been invested in him.   If he is successful in keeping us up, getting someone else could be the most potentially damaging thing the club could do - and a huge gamble.  Millions may be needed to rebuild the squad in the new manager''s image to start with, a year where any development work would be like Hughton''s first season - in other words starting all over again - and no guarantees that things would be any better. 

And if you reward success with the sack - what message does that send out to future managers?  

It is my strong belief that continuity is the best possible trait to have to encourage a long stay in this division - its been tough for two seasons - but there are signs things are starting to improve - at home, definitely - and even away there have been some good performances, minus the goals, of course.    Goals are required and to stay up we are going to have to score some - so if we stay up, it will mean we are starting to show more in front of goal - and that bodes well for next season.   

Every team Hughton has been involved with before has been attractive with plenty of goals scored.  It could just be that the third season is what he needs to get things finally to start working on a more regular basis.   I''m not a raging inner, just trying to see the way forward.   The alternatives that people have named do not fill me with any inspiration - and anyone of them would be a huge gamble - and an unnecessary one, if we already have a manager  who has retained our status for two consecutive seasons.   But of course it is hypothetical.....because we have yet to secure another season in the top flight......