Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Anyone think Hughton would get another PL job?

haha absolutely no hope. If the Premiership is the 20 best teams in the land, he is hardly one of the 20 best managers currently. I wouldn''t blame a club if they used him to get promoted, and then did a Newcastle on him. Too nice, and somewhat naive for this level.

YOU are a premier club owner, et so Smith & MWJ, or CEO if a club with consortium control - would YOU employ Hughton as your manager based on his results over the last two years, and ONE promotion campaign with a side who ANY manager should have gotten promotion.

NO, me neither. The bloke will be finished as will Calderwood and Trollope.

IF we stay up Hughton will stay and if we then develop into a stronger team next season and the team finds more confidence away from home and we do well, he will stay with us for a fourth year.IF after those four years we are still in this league, Hughton will have demonstrated he can build a strong set up in the toughest league in the world. Of course he will be in line for another premiership job in that situation. So the answer to the OP is - yes, if he keeps us up. 

Not a chance !

Clubs know he is way too defensive and at best he would manage next in the Championship

It''s not just CH though - it''s his back up team too

Next 6 games are as crucial as we all knew they would be - let''s start praying again ( not to be interpreted in any religious context - I''m just saying !)

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]haha absolutely no hope. If the Premiership is the 20 best teams in the land, he is hardly one of the 20 best managers currently. I wouldn''t blame a club if they used him to get promoted, and then did a Newcastle on him. Too nice, and somewhat naive for this level.[/quote]

To be fair to Chris he''s currently the 15th best manager.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Just curious. I don''t, by the way.[/quote]If we survive this season, then I''d say he''d be guaranteed to be offered a job elsewhere. Most people would consider keeping a team in our current period of development two seasons in a row an achievement. If he doesn''t keep us up, that will be damaging, but having said that after the investment at QPR and Mark Hughes'' following train crash I never dreamt in a million years that he''d ever get another Premier League job and then he turned up at Stoke. Given that we''re still a team that even just looking at value on paper you''d have to consider vulnerable, I''m not sure a neutral would dismiss him.

Oh, but he is SUCH a nice Man !

I even believe that he will be Manager here for the new season, regardless of where we finish at the end of this season. City fans are now so fickle , that it will only take a positive result against Stoke and yesterday will be forgotten.

But then it would only take a negative result against Southampton for the positive result against Stoke to be forgotten.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="YellowNets1901"]Just curious. I don''t, by the way.[/quote]If we survive this season, then I''d say he''d be guaranteed to be offered a job elsewhere. Most people would consider keeping a team in our current period of development two seasons in a row an achievement. If he doesn''t keep us up, that will be damaging, but having said that after the investment at QPR and Mark Hughes'' following train crash I never dreamt in a million years that he''d ever get another Premier League job and then he turned up at Stoke. Given that we''re still a team that even just looking at value on paper you''d have to consider vulnerable, I''m not sure a neutral would dismiss him.[/quote]

This

Don''t underestimate how valuable keeping a team in the premier league is to some teams.

Also don''t overestimate the regard we are held by those outside Norfolk, we are considered minnows and cannon fodder even the name Norwich conjures up a easy 3 points in their eyes.

Ergo someone who can keep us up must be good surely?

Looking in from the outside most pundits and public look at CH as doing a great job.

11th in the PL last season with the 20th highest budget.

Still holding his own and likely to keep us up this year.

He is achieving so YES

Not a hope unless a Premiership club wants a cleaner or steward , taking us down this season with a squad that should have stayed above the likes of Hull with ease .Worthington would have done a better job .

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2014-03-03 1:21 PM:

IF we stay up Hughton will stay and if we then develop into a stronger team next season and the team finds more confidence away from home and we do well, he will stay with us for a fourth year.

I assure you he will not - have no idea where you get your information from, but you are very very very side if the mark. He will not be our manager next season.

[quote user="City 2nd"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 2014-03-03 1:21 PM:

IF we stay up Hughton will stay and if we then develop into a stronger team next season and the team finds more confidence away from home and we do well, he will stay with us for a fourth year.

I assure you he will not - have no idea where you get your information from, but you are very very very side if the mark. He will not be our manager next season.[/quote]I know.And he accuses ME of making stuff up.......

[quote user="City 2nd"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 2014-03-03 1:21 PM:

I assure you he will not - have no idea where you get your information from, but you are very very very side if the mark. He will not be our manager next season.[/quote]

You keep saying this, but show no evidence.   You sometimes add "imo" to the statement. Well - which is it?  Your opinion or some kind of  "inside knowledge"?  

I base my opinions my friend after asking a question of the club regarding MY season ticket renewal, the future as I saw it, and if based on that future, whether I should renew it.

A club representative invited me to meet, and I did so. I did not make suggestion or innuendos regarding our current manager or the current situation, but great discussion took place regarding entertainment,values, results, lack of goals etc etc etc as perceived and spoken by someone at the club.

Based on that discussion I decided that I would renew my season ticket to carry on watching city for a 55th year?

And from that it is my suggestion that Mr Hughton has a very very very long way to go to take charge of city for a third year, yet alone a fourth. I don''t think he will be sacked between now and the seasons end, but I believe he will not be here next season.

[quote user="City 2nd"]I base my opinions my friend after asking a question of the club regarding MY season ticket renewal, the future as I saw it, and if based on that future, whether I should renew it.

A club representative invited me to meet, and I did so. I did not make suggestion or innuendos regarding our current manager or the current situation, but great discussion took place regarding entertainment,values, results, lack of goals etc etc etc as perceived and spoken by someone at the club.

Based on that discussion I decided that I would renew my season ticket to carry on watching city for a 55th year?

And from that it is my suggestion that Mr Hughton has a very very very long way to go to take charge of city for a third year, yet alone a fourth. I don''t think he will be sacked between now and the seasons end, but I believe he will not be here next season.[/quote]

Thanks. So it is your opinion, not fact.  Just wanted to clarify.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2014-03-03 9:23 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

I base my opinions my friend after asking a question of the club regarding MY season ticket renewal, the future as I saw it, and if based on that future, whether I should renew it. A club representative invited me to meet, and I did so. I did not make suggestion or innuendos regarding our current manager or the current situation, but great discussion took place regarding entertainment,values, results, lack of goals etc etc etc as perceived and spoken by someone at the club. Based on that discussion I decided that I would renew my season ticket to carry on watching city for a 55th year? And from that it is my suggestion that Mr Hughton has a very very very long way to go to take charge of city for a third year, yet alone a fourth. I don''t think he will be sacked between now and the seasons end, but I believe he will not be here next season.

Thanks. So it is your opinion, not fact. Just wanted to clarify.

Of course it''s my opinion, based on the facts I was given at a meeting I was invited to. Why do you have to belittle what I have said. I made it quite clear, I was invited to the club, I spoke with a staff member, and because of what I was told, I decided to renew my ticket. But I tell you this, if I thought Hughton was staying, I would not have renewed,

[quote user="City 2nd"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 2014-03-03 9:23 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

I base my opinions my friend after asking a question of the club regarding MY season ticket renewal, the future as I saw it, and if based on that future, whether I should renew it. A club representative invited me to meet, and I did so. I did not make suggestion or innuendos regarding our current manager or the current situation, but great discussion took place regarding entertainment,values, results, lack of goals etc etc etc as perceived and spoken by someone at the club. Based on that discussion I decided that I would renew my season ticket to carry on watching city for a 55th year? And from that it is my suggestion that Mr Hughton has a very very very long way to go to take charge of city for a third year, yet alone a fourth. I don''t think he will be sacked between now and the seasons end, but I believe he will not be here next season.

Thanks. So it is your opinion, not fact. Just wanted to clarify.

Of course it''s my opinion, based on the facts I was given at a meeting I was invited to. Why do you have to belittle what I have said. I made it quite clear, I was invited to the club, I spoke with a staff member, and because of what I was told, I decided to renew my ticket. But I tell you this, if I thought Hughton was staying, I would not have renewed,[/quote]

I wasn''t trying to belittle you. You stated something as if it was a fact, I just wanted to know whether it was or wasn''t.

LDC:

I wasn''t trying to belittle you. You stated something as if it was a fact, I just wanted to know whether it was or wasn''t.

NO? That''s a first. And to reiterate, my decision is based on fact!

Come back to me at the end of this season (or even before) and we will see if my opinion based on the facts I was given was right. Because I will remind you for sure.

I dear City.

Maybe you have done a classic 4 + 4 = 9.

Hoots will not lose his job if we stay up but as you are convinced we are going down you will get your wish... Or wi you!

The fat lady has not sung yet.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]I dear City. Maybe you have done a classic 4 + 4 = 9. Hoots will not lose his job if we stay up but as you are convinced we are going down you will get your wish... Or wi you! The fat lady has not sung yet.[/quote]

Agreed but she''s ruddy well warming up!

[img]http://celebquote.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/fat-amy-rebel-wilson-quotes-4.gif[/img]