Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Hardest ever Shot at Carrow Road???

A bit before my time I think Ricardo. Saw a few blockbusters from Graham Paddon in my time and John Ryan could really hit it too.

Shame our Bradley''s free kick wasn''t 2 inches lower.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="ricardo"]You never saw Billy Coxon then?[/quote]

I not only saw him many times but also had a beer with him Ricardo.

[/quote]I once saw a keeper save one of his blockbuster penalties. Only trouble was they had to carry the poor chap off with broken ribs.[:D]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="ricardo"]You never saw Billy Coxon then?[/quote]

I not only saw him many times but also had a beer with him Ricardo.

[/quote]I once saw a keeper save one of his blockbuster penalties. Only trouble was they had to carry the poor chap off with broken ribs.[:D][/quote]
Was he in this class bracket?

rob Newman hit it as hard as anyone, not very accurate though, recorded the hardest shot in pro football in a charity penalty competition at one point I.believe

[quote user="canarywales"]rob Newman hit it as hard as anyone, not very accurate though, recorded the hardest shot in pro football in a charity penalty competition at one point I.believe[/quote]
One point hint very hard.  My dog can kick harder than that.

Yes I saw Billy Coxon and he could hit them. So could full back Bill Lewis although seldom on target. Jack Bradley an inside forward of early 1950''s also had a powerful left foot.

Coxon and Paddon could hit a ball, and the old heavier ones too. Would want to get in the way of one of those.

Great strike by Jonno though, I know normally its row Z but he can hit them.Good to see another option for freekicks around the box. Wouldnt want to be a keeper looking at those two eyeing up a crack at goal.

[quote user="Prince Randian"][quote user="canarywales"]rob Newman hit it as hard as anyone, not very accurate though, recorded the hardest shot in pro football in a charity penalty competition at one point I.believe[/quote]
[/quote]

and the point your making is ???

[quote user="canarywales"][quote user="Prince Randian"][quote user="canarywales"]rob Newman hit it as hard as anyone, not very accurate though, recorded the hardest shot in pro football in a charity penalty competition at one point I.believe[/quote]

[/quote] and the point your making is ???[/quote]

I too was wondering what Thirst Wizard was getting at here? [:^)]

Paddon was awesome in his day, he and Peter Lorimer of the great Leeds side, but Saf''s strike against Newcastle takes some beating.

[quote user="Scooby"]Paddon was awesome in his day, he and Peter Lorimer of the great Leeds side, but Saf''s strike against Newcastle takes some beating.[/quote]Brilliant.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unEPlwdCXs0

Rob Newman hit the very same part of that River End Crossbar back in 1991 in a match at home to Man City - remember it clearly!

Rosarios effort against Southampton in 1989 probably wasn''t as hard as we all remember - it kind of floated into the net if I remember correctly!

Greg Downs ht a scorcher in the earlier 80''s.

Fashanu''s goal against Liverpool was pretty firmly struck?

That said, I still think Jonno''s shot was harder than all these - certainly as hard a shot as I can remember at Carrow Rd. don''t forget that the balls are so light these days however!!

If only we could include Jerry Goss''s goal away to Leeds in 1993, now that would run Jonno close!