Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Take a risk & sack him. Now.

It''s comedy that he''s even still our manager after all these constant failures on the pitch. I bet even he''s shocked to still be there.

Have the guts to take a risk and sack the bloke. He''s a nice person but a downgrade on our previous manager. I''d like Neil Lennon to come in. Nobody really knows if he''d come or not, but that''s who I think would be a good option.

Get rid of Hughton and let''s try to actually show some guts. It''s not working. It''s one step forward then many steps back all the time. Get rid. Poor manager.

[quote user="morty"]3 points off 10th position.[/quote]

Sunderland are 7 Points off with 2 games in hand. They''re in the relegation zone...

[quote user="morty"]3 points off 10th position.[/quote]
Haven''t we been 3 points off 10th for months now? Surely thats enough to know we aren''t improving and catching the teams above us.
btw 4 points of relegation, with teams below us having a game or 2 in hand.

[quote user="Liquidator"][quote user="morty"]3 points off 10th position.[/quote]

Sunderland are 7 Points off with 2 games in hand. They''re in the relegation zone...[/quote]Points on the board > games in hand.

I firmly believe he''s gone in the summer, whatever happens. He should''ve been sacked months ago. Winning the odd game, then not winning for the next 10/11 games isn''t good enough whether we''re 3 points off 10th or not.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"]3 points off 10th position.[/quote]
Haven''t we been 3 points off 10th for months now? Surely thats enough to know we aren''t improving and catching the teams above us.
[/quote]It also tells you that despite all the flap and panic, and sacking of managers, no one has really overtaken us.All depends on your perspective.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]I firmly believe he''s gone in the summer, whatever happens. He should''ve been sacked months ago. Winning the odd game, then not winning for the next 10/11 games isn''t good enough whether we''re 3 points off 10th or not.[/quote]So what is good enough then?Top ten?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Liquidator"][quote user="morty"]3 points off 10th position.[/quote]

Sunderland are 7 Points off with 2 games in hand. They''re in the relegation zone...[/quote]Points on the board > games in hand.[/quote]

I agree, my point is that being happy with how many points away from 10th you are doesn''t mean you''re in a good position.

[quote user="Liquidator"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Liquidator"][quote user="morty"]3 points off 10th position.[/quote]

Sunderland are 7 Points off with 2 games in hand. They''re in the relegation zone...[/quote]Points on the board > games in hand.[/quote]

I agree, my point is that being happy with how many points away from 10th you are doesn''t mean you''re in a good position.[/quote]I didn''t say that, did I? I quoted the stat, to put some perspective on the matter.But it could be a whole lot worse, couldn''t it?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Liquidator"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Liquidator"][quote user="morty"]3 points off 10th position.[/quote]

I agree, my point is that being happy with how many points away from 10th you are doesn''t mean you''re in a good position.[/quote]I didn''t say that, did I? I quoted the stat, to put some perspective on the matter.But it could be a whole lot worse, couldn''t it?[/quote]

I didn''t say that you said that, did I?

It could always be a whole lot worse, couldn''t it?

It''s just not good enough and that''s quite obvious, isn''t it?

The board stated they wanted a top 10 finish but quickly adjusted that to just wanting us to remain in this league, so I''m guessing they now would take 17th. That''s quite the drop.

May I ask Morty and the like, why have our own board dropped expectations by quite a way, if we are doing so well?

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]It''s just not good enough and that''s quite obvious, isn''t it?

The board stated they wanted a top 10 finish but quickly adjusted that to just wanting us to remain in this league, so I''m guessing they now would take 17th. That''s quite the drop.

May I ask Morty and the like, why have our own board dropped expectations by quite a way, if we are doing so well?[/quote]Isn''t it obvious?Can you not reason it out yourself?Would you rather the board said at the start of the season "Yeah, as long as we scrape up, thats fine with us"And you are guessing (you say) that they would now accept 17th.Do you see football as an exact science? Simply buy some players, set a target, and you achieve it?Do you consider injuries have played any part at all this season?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"]3 points off 10th position.[/quote]
[/quote]It also tells you that despite all the flap and panic, and sacking of managers, no one has really overtaken us.All depends on your perspective.[/quote]
Sunderland and Palace were the bottom 2 after 15 games.
We were 14th on 17 points
Palace 19th on 13 points
Sunderland 20th on 8 points
Guess how many points those 2 teams are behind us now? I''ll tell you. Sunderland are only 4 points behind, 2 games in hand. Palace are 1 point also with a game in hand. It seems the gap has only closed on one end of the table after we near double the amount of games played since then.
This talk of the 3 points off 10th will only increase, and unlikely see us anywhere near there. Feel free to bring this post up if I end up being wrong, but I highly doubt I shall be.

Chris Hughton nicely spoken man , fucking useless football manager . Should have been sacked a year ago and how he is still here is quite frankly unbelievable . The fact some supporters still want to keep him does make you wonder if they have just popped along from TWTD.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Seatlle Canary: ''Haven''t we been 3 points off 10th for months now''

Yes- thats not a bad thing is it?[/quote]
Only if we are 3 points off 10th and that still sees us in the relegation zone. The only stat that matters is the one that sees us decent points off the relegation place. I''m sure Cardiff and Fulham are gone, but that last place is up for grabs....

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"]3 points off 10th position.[/quote]
[/quote]It also tells you that despite all the flap and panic, and sacking of managers, no one has really overtaken us.All depends on your perspective.[/quote]
Sunderland and Palace were the bottom 2 after 15 games.
We were 14th on 17 points
Palace 19th on 13 points
Sunderland 20th on 8 points
Guess how many points those 2 teams are behind us now? I''ll tell you. Sunderland are only 4 points behind, 2 games in hand. Palace are 1 point also with a game in hand. It seems the gap has only closed on one end of the table after we near double the amount of games played since then.
This talk of the 3 points off 10th will only increase, and unlikely see us anywhere near there. Feel free to bring this post up if I end up being wrong, but I highly doubt I shall be.
[/quote]How are Fulham and Cardiff working out?I personally think that, come the end of the season, the bottom half of the table won''t look a whole lot different.

Far too late in the day to sack him now

We have him until the end of the season and the sooner people realise that the better because quite frankly some of the arguing on here (on both sides) is getting a bit pathetic.

I think (I hope) we all want the same thing and that is for Norwich city to stay in the premierleague, that means burying the hatchett for a couple of months and sticking together and finishing the season on a real high.

Whilst I appreciate there is a long way to go we are well in the driving seat, it is well and truly in our own hands...the players know that and the fans know that we must keep going, we must fight on, WE MUST BELIEVE!

Morty, I think it was foolish of the board to state they wanted 10th place finish. I think it was also foolish for them to state they just wanted to stay up. Looks silly and unlike our board. Like Lambert always said, as soon as you publicly state a target and you start not meeting that target, your heads on the block.

Your 3 points of 10th is fact. Can''t argue with it. It''s a bit like the 11th finish syndrome though isn''t it. Yes, it''s fact, but the reality is we are more likely to drop down a league than finish 10th. That''s what I think anyway. Just like we were two games off relegation last season, then fortunately found two unlikely results to paper over the cracks. The very same cracks that may open up again just in time for April/May run in, if they haven''t opened up already.

I''m so surprised Hughton is still our manager. So many times he could (and should) have gone this season, but I think we lacked the guts to do it. I think McNally has been too proud to admit he was wrong with Hughton. Whatever happens, I think CH will be sacked in the summer. I''m hoping earlier but that looks unlikely.

[quote user="morty"]How are Fulham and Cardiff working out?I personally think that, come the end of the season, the bottom half of the table won''t look a whole lot different.[/quote]
Hope you''re right Morty. I''m only worried about that last relegation place now. I hope Palace, WBA, or Sunderland continue to stay below us. 

Hope Wigan don''t go up and we can take Rosler from them for next season. I''d much rather him than Lennon.

Lennon''s conduct is poor in many ways. He''ll embarrass this club.

Hughton is gone whatever.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Morty, I think it was foolish of the board to state they wanted 10th place finish. I think it was also foolish for them to state they just wanted to stay up. Looks silly and unlike our board. Like Lambert always said, as soon as you publicly state a target and you start not meeting that target, your heads on the block.

Your 3 points of 10th is fact. Can''t argue with it. It''s a bit like the 11th finish syndrome though isn''t it. Yes, it''s fact, but the reality is we are more likely to drop down a league than finish 10th. That''s what I think anyway. Just like we were two games off relegation last season, then fortunately found two unlikely results to paper over the cracks. The very same cracks that may open up again just in time for April/May run in, if they haven''t opened up already.

I''m so surprised Hughton is still our manager. So many times he could (and should) have gone this season, but I think we lacked the guts to do it. I think McNally has been too proud to admit he was wrong with Hughton. Whatever happens, I think CH will be sacked in the summer. I''m hoping earlier but that looks unlikely.[/quote]Why is it foolish to set a target? Just because Lambert says so?We were never actually relegation threatened at all last season, so when we win its unlikely then? Not because we have played well and deserve to?What logic are you using that we are more likely to get relegated than finish 10th? Its hardly a reality, as you put it.Its been said countless times before, and I will say it again, sacking your manager does not guarantee improvement.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"]How are Fulham and Cardiff working out?I personally think that, come the end of the season, the bottom half of the table won''t look a whole lot different.[/quote]
Hope you''re right Morty. I''m only worried about that last relegation place now. I hope Palace, WBA, or Sunderland continue to stay below us. 
[/quote]We''re better than WBA and Sunderland.

It''s not foolish to set a target, you have to set targets, it''s just better to keep them private. That was my point.

After Villa beat us at home last season I''d say we were pretty relegation threatened. We had to rely on Swansea beating Wigan to ease a lot of pressure. Think you have a short memory, me old fruit. It was looking nasty at certain points. Easy to act relaxed about it now but we looked poor and close to the trap door.

My logic is our inconsistent form, our faltering manager and his terrible decision making at times. We are more likely to drop than get 10th. That''s for sure.

I know sacking your manager doesn''t guarantee improvement. As if we need you to tell us that. Keeping a failing manager doesn''t guarantee improvement either.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"]How are Fulham and Cardiff working out?I personally think that, come the end of the season, the bottom half of the table won''t look a whole lot different.[/quote]
[/quote]We''re better than WBA and Sunderland.[/quote]
WBA yes. But Sunderland have had some convincing wins since Poyet came in.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]It''s not foolish to set a target, you have to set targets, it''s just better to keep them private. That was my point.

After Villa beat us at home last season I''d say we were pretty relegation threatened. We had to rely on Swansea beating Wigan to ease a lot of pressure. Think you have a short memory, me old fruit. It was looking nasty at certain points. Easy to act relaxed about it now but we looked poor and close to the trap door.

My logic is our inconsistent form, our faltering manager and his terrible decision making at times. We are more likely to drop than get 10th. That''s for sure.

I know sacking your manager doesn''t guarantee improvement. As if we need you to tell us that. Keeping a failing manager doesn''t guarantee improvement either.[/quote]It wasn''t looking nasty at all, but we''ll agree to disagree, I don''t remember us being in the bottom three at all last season.Its obvious you don''t rate Hughton, so nothing I say will change your mind.But I think it fairer to judge him at the end of the season, based on our league position, regardless of how lucky we are to earn points.We won''t drop.