Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Results against - again

West ham and Palace won yesterday, Stole got a point at Soton, Fulham leading at Man U now...when will our fecking luck turn?

Ive said it before, numerous times, on this forum: our faith depends on other teams messing up, because we dont have the quality to gain nescessary points ourselves.

How on earth do we not have the quality ?We clearly have the fukcing quality... top of my head2 Dutch National fringe players2nd Choice England National Keeper2 Irish Internationals3 Scottish Internationals15m worth of strikersBoth Bennetts and Redmond , 3 of the most exciting young players around The big problem is Cautious Clueless Chris!!It''s a case of too little to late, its his job to choose the team , formation and put the players in the win or die mindset. This is something he is failing at on a weekly basis.Our GD is so terrible it might actually cost us now. We should be sitting on more points and thats down to the management for not getting the most out of the assets available.Ill be glad when this season is over and we can remove him and carefully think about the future of this club, because this has been a terrible season. I just hope that we dont go down.

It would certainly increase our chances if teams like Fulham and Cardiff were cut adrift. Only one relegation spot left to avoid then, and we play Fulham away in April..

[quote user="grefstad"]West ham and Palace won yesterday, Stole got a point at Soton, Fulham leading at Man U now...when will our fecking luck turn? Ive said it before, numerous times, on this forum: our faith depends on other teams messing up, because we dont have the quality to gain nescessary points ourselves.[/quote]

You make your own luck and the reliance to want others to do you a favour is not how it should be.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]How on earth do we not have the quality ?We clearly have the fukcing quality... top of my head2 Dutch National fringe players2nd Choice England National Keeper2 Irish Internationals3 Scottish Internationals15m worth of strikersBoth Bennetts and Redmond , 3 of the most exciting young players around The big problem is Cautious Clueless Chris!!It''s a case of too little to late, its his job to choose the team , formation and put the players in the win or die mindset. This is something he is failing at on a weekly basis.Our GD is so terrible it might actually cost us now. We should be sitting on more points and thats down to the management for not getting the most out of the assets available.Ill be glad when this season is over and we can remove him and carefully think about the future of this club, because this has been a terrible season. I just hope that we dont go down.[/quote]

OR

Our team is comparable in quality to those around us.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with Nexus and think our team is vastly better than all of the teams around us, or do you think it''s similar in strength?

Do you think our £15m strikers are vastly better in quality and potential than say, Shane Long, Benteke or Michu, or do you think they''re similar?

Do you think our defenders are significantly better than say, Hangeland, Shawcross or Caulker, or are they similar?

Do you think our midfielders are better than, say, Johnson, Sidwell or Zaha, or are they similar?

Nice one Crystal !I would argue that combined, RvW and Hooper are the best strike pairing.Defence I think we are a shambles with R.Martin and R.Beano being the only two dependables recently.Midfield, I think on thier day yes we have one of the best. Arguably Howson could bully himself into anyone apart from the top 6 midfield. He has the hallmarks of the complete player.Intersting to see what others think, so glad you picked at this one !

And another shocking result against us. Fulham scoring 4 mins into overtime. Hughton is a talisman for bad luck

[quote user="grefstad"]And another shocking result against us. Fulham scoring 4 mins into overtime. Hughton is a talisman for bad luck[/quote]Quite how you worked that out based on events in a match in Manchester is beyond me but hey ho at least it''s beginning to look more and more like an easy three points when we play Man utd, Fulham should see today as points dropped...[:D]

No need to panic about other results. We need to get ourselves to about 38pts and everything else will take care of itself. The next 9 games are all winnable, we need to get 3-4 wins.

You make your own luck, we don''t score enough goals and this will ultimately be our downfall this season. The 8 mil wonder boy just won''t cut it in this league, and leaves us with relying on Hooper and the midfield to chip in, it ain''t looking too rosy even after an excellent performance yesterday.

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]You make your own luck, we don''t score enough goals and this will ultimately be our downfall this season. The 8 mil wonder boy just won''t cut it in this league, and leaves us with relying on Hooper and the midfield to chip in, it ain''t looking too rosy even after an excellent performance yesterday.[/quote]

Just because we haven''t scored enough goals, it doesn''t mean we will always struggle to score goals.  Imo there will probably be a few matches this season where we will score three or even four, as we improve, get our best team out there on regular occasions and the confidence builds.  This is the part of the season that sorts out the ones that have the bottle to achieve their goal (no pun intended) and CH and the team have shown they have the required bottle, again and again.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Just because we haven''t scored enough goals, it doesn''t mean we will always struggle to score goals.  Imo there will probably be a few matches this season where we will score three or even four, as we improve, get our best team out there on regular occasions and the confidence builds.  [/quote]I see nothing in the way we play that would indicate this will happen.  We sit on a 1-0 lead, how on earth are we going to score 3 or 4.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="lake district canary"]

Just because we haven''t scored enough goals, it doesn''t mean we will always struggle to score goals.  Imo there will probably be a few matches this season where we will score three or even four, as we improve, get our best team out there on regular occasions and the confidence builds.  [/quote]I see nothing in the way we play that would indicate this will happen.  We sit on a 1-0 lead, how on earth are we going to score 3 or 4. [/quote]

Confidence and composure and a little luck. Things that are often blamed on tactics are just as likely to be due to the lack of the aboaboveIt is all part of the process imo.

" West ham and Palace won yesterday, Stole got a point at Soton, Fulham leading at Man U now...when will our fecking luck turn?

I''ve said it before, numerous times, on this forum: our faith depends on other teams messing up, because we dont have the quality to gain nescessary points ourselves."

We could probably find exactly the same comment from Sunderland or West Brom or Aston Villa or Cardiff supporters .... next week it''ll be another group having a pop at their team / manager / owner.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Confidence and composure and a little luck. Things that are often blamed on tactics are just as likely to be due to the lack of the aboveIt is all part of the process imo.[/quote]So we were just lucky under Lambert and unlucky under Hughton regards to goals scored....I don''t buy it i''m afraid.Not that I think there is anything wrong with playing ultra-cautiously, but we certainly won''t be scoring a ton of goals any time soon.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="lake district canary"]Confidence and composure and a little luck. Things that are often blamed on tactics are just as likely to be due to the lack of the aboveIt is all part of the process imo.[/quote]So we were just lucky under Lambert and unlucky under Hughton regards to goals scored....[/quote]

Luck on its own is not enough.  I also mentioned confidence and composure - and  I don''t really see what Lambert has to do with it.  

Every team needs a little luck in front of goal sometimes, but my point was to do with a mixture of components.   Skill, tactics, confidence, composure, luck are all factors in a team doing scoring goals.  I wouldn''t single out any one thing and say that was the problem.   We needed composure - Redmond and Pilks -  and a little luck - RVW - to have scored yesterday.   

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Helsinki canary"]You make your own luck, we don''t score enough goals and this will ultimately be our downfall this season. The 8 mil wonder boy just won''t cut it in this league, and leaves us with relying on Hooper and the midfield to chip in, it ain''t looking too rosy even after an excellent performance yesterday.[/quote]

Just because we haven''t scored enough goals, it doesn''t mean we will always struggle to score goals.  Imo there will probably be a few matches this season where we will score three or even four, as we improve, get our best team out there on regular occasions and the confidence builds.  This is the part of the season that sorts out the ones that have the bottle to achieve their goal (no pun intended) and CH and the team have shown they have the required bottle, again and again.

[/quote]Not saying your wrong but we haven''t actually scored more than a single goal in a game for 12 matches in all competitions.

Time to moan again.

Apart from Hughtons horrendous negative subs, if we look at other results tonight:

Cardiff lucky with a draw, 1 point is not good for us.

Hull losing is good for us.

WBA gaining an unexpected point with a late goal is bad for us.

As already said, we dont win games, and other teams gaining points in lucky or unexpected ways will relegate us,

How right was I not?

Other teams surprising results will relegate us cause we can not get the points needed to stay safe on our own.

Fulham unexpectedly beat Villa away, and now fecking Sunderland lead courtesy of a freak goal.

Does this moaning work only in our favour if so we should be top of the league surely. If not then its our fault CH was sacked oops;)