Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Why hasnt he gone yet!

[quote user="basil brush"]Some posters always use the excuse that we''re missing easy chances,.which is why we aren''t winning games. While that is basically true, the reason why we keep missing easy chances is Hughton! .[/quote]Why?Is he fining them for putting the ball in the net or making them practice shooting against a barn door?

Because Hughton doesn''t inspire confidence in his players. His mentality has caused the situation we are in and it seems almost a fear has set in.

When the same situation keeps keeps presenting itself, it is no coincidence. All this ''we''re unlucky'' is just tosh. We keep missing for a reason. A more positive manager over the last 18 months would of made sure this situation don''t keep happening to the extent that it does. But we have the ''legendary ''inspirational'' genius that is Chris Hughton.

[quote user="basil brush"]Because Hughton doesn''t inspire confidence in his players. His mentality has caused the situation we are in and it seems almost a fear has set in.

When the same situation keeps keeps presenting itself, it is no coincidence. All this ''we''re unlucky'' is just tosh. We keep missing for a reason. A more positive manager over the last 18 months would of made sure this situation don''t keep happening to the extent that it does. But we have the ''legendary ''inspirational'' genius that is Chris Hughton.[/quote]

Are our players professional footballers or children?So when presented with a chance last night the players thought of Chris Hughton and decided they had been inspired to miss.Or perhaps their keeper just held up a Hughton photo and scared Snoddy, Tetty and Hooper to death.The fact that they can''t stick the ball in the net can''t possibly be their own failing can it?

basil brush wrote the following post at 12/02/2014 6:39 PM:

Because Hughton doesn''t inspire confidence in his players. His mentality has caused the situation we are in and it seems almost a fear has set in.

We''re off the back of a draw against man City FFS, what more do the players need to give them confidence.

I am not a CH fan but the criticism being levelled at him is outrageous!

I''m suggesting that Hughton negativity has caused a mental and psychological problem with (at least) some players within the squad, especially the strike force.

Archant''s Michael Bailey had it spot on last week when he said that ''two years ago, Norwich City were more than the sum of their parts. Now the reverse is true and that isn''t acceptable''. Hughton has to take the can here, especially with a better (on paper at least) and more expensive squad.

I''ve never been convinced Hughton thinks his side are good enough, and that seems to rub off on the team. I''m sure Lambert knew he had some very average players, but made them feel special, and therefore reap the benefits.

The Hughton ''formula'' clearly isn''t working and that is why so many fans are frustrated that his employment hasn''t been terminated. I''ve never been so disillusioned with a NCFC manager in all of my 40 odd years of supporting them and we''ve had a very mixed bag!

keepthefaih said

He still here cause it''s in our hands and we are on track to stay up.

Ricardo said it right - subs had nothing to do with us losing that''s just another imaginary stick to beat hoots with. And that''s from someone who was there

How are we ''on track?''

[quote user="basil brush"]I''m suggesting that Hughton negativity has caused a mental and psychological problem with (at least) some players within the squad, especially the strike force.

Archant''s Michael Bailey had it spot on last week when he said that ''two years ago, Norwich City were more than the sum of their parts. Now the reverse is true and that isn''t acceptable''. Hughton has to take the can here, especially with a better (on paper at least) and more expensive squad.

I''ve never been convinced Hughton thinks his side are good enough, and that seems to rub off on the team. I''m sure Lambert knew he had some very average players, but made them feel special, and therefore reap the benefits.

The Hughton ''formula'' clearly isn''t working and that is why so many fans are frustrated that his employment hasn''t been terminated. I''ve never been so disillusioned with a NCFC manager in all of my 40 odd years of supporting them and we''ve had a very mixed bag![/quote]

Nobody has said that the manager shouldn''t take the can for results. It what all managers do and he is no doubt more aware of that fact than we are. However to blame him for the dreadful finishing on show last night is merely to make excuses for the players who were responsible. When the players get out on the pitch the managers and the clubs future is in their hands. Collectively they were fairly decent in all facets of the game except putting the ball in the net and coming off a good performance against Man City you can''t blame lack of confidence for that.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="basil brush"]I''m suggesting that Hughton negativity has caused a mental and psychological problem with (at least) some players within the squad, especially the strike force.

The Hughton ''formula'' clearly isn''t working and that is why so many fans are frustrated that his employment hasn''t been terminated. I''ve never been so disillusioned with a NCFC manager in all of my 40 odd years of supporting them and we''ve had a very mixed bag![/quote]

Nobody has said that the manager shouldn''t take the can for results. It what all managers do and he is no doubt more aware of that fact than we are. However to blame him for the dreadful finishing on show last night is merely to make excuses for the players who were responsible. When the players get out on the pitch the managers and the clubs future is in their hands. Collectively they were fairly decent in all facets of the game except putting the ball in the net and coming off a good performance against Man City you can''t blame lack of confidence for that.[/quote]

I think you can to a degree. Our strikers have been feeding off scraps for months. Now suddenly the chances are being created but they are snatching at them because none of them are in any kind of form.

Everyone is entitled to their view and I note Keep the Faith says he was there and thinks the subs made no difference to the result. I respectfully disagree. West Ham were posing no real threat prior to those substitutions. They were on the back foot and we were creating chances. His subs completely altered the game and stripped us of our attacking threat. West Ham gained confidence and started to attack and the goal came. If KTF thinks Hughton''s subs did not affect the result then I think he was in a huge minority in that away end. We may not have win because we missed the chances but in my view we lost because he completely surrendered the initiative going into the last 15 minutes.

some of the comments on here "the board know little about football", "clueless hughton" etc.. all seem to be said by people who sit in a stadium... not run a football team, or manage professionally, or even play at the highest level...

so how can they say those who do know "nothing"?

I know nothing about Cars but when i go for an MOT perhaps I should sit and tell the mechanic what to do and what i think.. after all.. I am paying my money...

Perhaps the board DO Know what they are doing.. and perhaps Hughton is the man in their eyes?

Totally agree with you Jim. Whereas i agree that Ricardo is right in saying we had to finish our chances (of course), the point is that up until those substitions we were still completely in the game. Elmander for Hooper was unnecessary in my view and the evidence suggests if we''d have kept our more likely striker to score on the pitch, we would have kept West Ham more wary so to speak, and would have been in with the best chance possible of getting a result. I personally feel psychologically we gave West Ham the inititive at that point, but the truth is we''ll never know if keeping Hooper and Redmond on the pitch would have kept us in with a shout of nicking at least a draw, personally i feel it would have but that''s just my opinion based on us not being seriously troubled up to that point. For the record, I''m not using this to ''beat Chris Hughton with a stick'' per se - I''m neither an inner or an outer, to be honest i''m quite puzzled by the whole situation as i feel he gets criticised even when we actually play offensively, but sadly he does seem to be a bit ''close but no cigar''. That said, i firmly believe he will do enough to keep us up but we shall see.

General consensus on Canary Call.Seriously?And you wonder why people are taking the mickey?

[quote user="ricardo"]The fact that they can''t stick the ball in the net can''t possibly be their own failing can it?[/quote]Why is it that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was scoring before coming under Hughton''s management and now struggles to even get a shot on target???Holt, Becchio, Hooper, RVW, Elmander, (even Kamara ffs) were ALL scoring goals under different managers (many on a regular and consistent basis), but as soon as Hughton takes over - constantly firing blanks...It''s not rocket science to see the single common denominator here, and it isn''t that a whole string of players have suddenly forgotten how to play as a striker...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ricardo"]The fact that they can''t stick the ball in the net can''t possibly be their own failing can it?[/quote]Why is it that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was scoring before coming under Hughton''s management and now struggles to even get a shot on target???Holt, Becchio, Hooper, RVW, Elmander, (even Kamara ffs) were ALL scoring goals under different managers (many on a regular and consistent basis), but as soon as Hughton takes over - constantly firing blanks...It''s not rocket science to see the single common denominator here, and it isn''t that a whole string of players have suddenly forgotten how to play as a striker...[/quote]

Steve Morison too.

9 goals he scored in 11/12 stacks up pretty well against Elmanders Zero and RVW''s 1

I''m all for Hughton going now, just as long as a good successor can be found, but to blame him for individual errors in missing chances is just nonsense, and the people doing it seem to have the intellect of children.

The substitutions he made were wrong and seemingly idiotic, but had our players done what they''re paid to do, we''d have been 3 or 4 nil up, so while the subs contributed, the players have a lot to answer for.

It was good to come on here and read some commonsense from someone who actually understands - unfortunately it was not on this message board but Ashton which goes to sure the punters on here know far less than they think. I think that Ricardo may well be right that people''s views come from computer games where the manager has far more influence than in reality. In my experience professional coaches will all tell me pretty much the same thing - ultimately I have to perform not the coach/manager. It seems CHs critics have no experience of actually playing or coaching other than on a computer.

[quote user="T"]It was good to come on here and read some commonsense from someone who actually understands - unfortunately it was not on this message board but Ashton which goes to sure the punters on here know far less than they think. I think that Ricardo may well be right that people''s views come from computer games where the manager has far more influence than in reality. In my experience professional coaches will all tell me pretty much the same thing - ultimately I have to perform not the coach/manager. It seems CHs critics have no experience of actually playing or coaching other than on a computer.[/quote]

Knob of the week winner.

[quote user="splutcho"]I''m pretty sure under the Pink''Un T&Cs that award goes to you on a weekly basis no matter what.[/quote]Beat me to it![:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="splutcho"]I''m pretty sure under the Pink''Un T&Cs that award goes to you on a weekly basis no matter what.[/quote]

Beat me to it!

[:D]
[/quote]

Ah didums morty, spoken like the true follower you are............never the leader.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="splutcho"]I''m pretty sure under the Pink''Un T&Cs that award goes to you on a weekly basis no matter what.[/quote]Beat me to it![:D][/quote]

Ah didums morty, spoken like the true follower you are............never the leader.

[/quote]Hows that imaginary cat doing?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I know nothing about Cars but when i go for an MOT perhaps I should sit and tell the mechanic what to do and what i think.. after all.. I am paying my money...[/quote]Wrong analogy Jas.A more correct one would be that you took the car for the MOT and trusted the expert mechanic to do his job right and he said it was all fine, but every time you start it up afterwards you hear bangs from the engine, it struggles to even start some mornings, peformance and fuel consumption are way down and generally it does not feel right at all (and certainly not as good as it did before you took it to him). You go back to the garage to complain and the guy says you don''t have a clue because he''s the expert...Tell me exactly how long you''d put up with that crap from YOUR mechanic Jas, when it''s clear to all and sundry that there''s a genuine problem with the car???

As we go into an international break off the back of a poor run of performances with the managers ability in question there''s no need to start a new thread, here''s one we prepared earlier.

Reading this through, it really is Groundhog Day with some of the names mentioned on here.