Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Shirt

SSN reporting McN says...

Hughton''s job is ''safe for now''."Brief was to keep us out of the bottom 3 and we are not in the bottom 3."Very disappointed to read that- it could be far too late by the time we drop into the relegation zone (which I''m sure we will at some point).I wonder if that is an interpretation of the BBC interview or Sky''s own.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Mick Dennis Tweeted earlier that he was with Delia and McNally last night and that they are behind Hughton and that he won''t be sacked.[/quote]
Yes, because they are going to tell a single journalist they aren''t happy and are going to sack him...
That means nothing, McNally is very professional and won''t be giving any journo any hint of what he''s planning on doing. 
And this is the same Journalist who was adamant Lambert wouldn''t leave.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Matt Juler tweeted that MWJ wants Hughton out. Will there be a divorce[:^)]

[/quote]

Will Delia''s mum have the casting vote then?

This is to be expected, he has the Hull game to get the team playing and even then I would think that maybe another manager is being lined up, who knows not us the fans!

Sounds like the dreaded vote of confidence to me. He''s lucky he survived last night, but as others have pointed out, the FA Cup is pretty insignificant in our plans this season when we have premiership safety in mind. It certainly doesn''t help, especially the manner of defeat last night but I do think it''s come down to the game versus Hull.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Mick Dennis Tweeted earlier that he was with Delia and McNally last night and that they are behind Hughton and that he won''t be sacked.[/quote]
Yes, because they are going to tell a single journalist they aren''t happy and are going to sack him...
That means nothing, McNally is very professional and won''t be giving any journo any hint of what he''s planning on doing. 
And this is the same Journalist who was adamant Lambert wouldn''t leave.
[/quote]Wouldn''t surprise me if they did tell Mick a lot, even if it is kept in confidence, they are close friends.

This awful farce proves that McNally does not have the nous and wisdom that we all thought he possessed. Delia and Michael are much too nice to sack anybody, and so they are sort of blameless to some degree. Oh dear, it''s a pity we don''t have a ruthless board.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Matt Juler tweeted that MWJ wants Hughton out. Will there be a divorce[:^)]

[/quote]

Will Delia''s mum have the casting vote then?

This is to be expected, he has the Hull game to get the team playing and even then I would think that maybe another manager is being lined up, who knows not us the fans!

[/quote]

Love Delia''s mum!

Only time ever I had a high five with an old lady''s hanky....

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"]Just as likely trying to bring down the SkyBet odds on Big Sams West Ham sacking. Sky are pretty good at fuelling rumours then taking bets on them.[/quote]Sky exploiting the stupidity of their punterswhatever next ?

If Delia and Michael are persevering with Hughton, could it be that it is because they want the club to be like themselves - pleasant, nice people, not aggressive and wanting the club to be a family club?

If so, they have forgotten what happened when they dallied over Worthington.They are intelligent people and know business, so it is surprising that they wish to continue with a disappointing manager until it will be arguably too late to avoid the drop.Within two or three weeks we could be fixed in the bottom three. Have they taken advice and sounded out expert opinion? You would hope so.

At the moment our season is worse than last year, when we escaped with some unexpected points in a the last few games. If anything we are leaking goals worse than ever, and failing to score.

I must admit that I gave the manager the benefit of the doubt until November - he had suffered bad luck with injuries and bedding down many new players was obviously going to be more difficult than expected. There was also the added problem over the uncertainty of Howson''s injury., but at times now the team seems to be not even trying, merely going through the motions. This must be obvious to the owners, This is repeating the pattern of last year, except that the good run this season was perhaps three games rather than ten.

What would convince the owners to act soon - a defeat on Saturday? They will certainly struggle against another lowly side but with a much better midfield than we have.

nothing has changed lose against hull and he will be gone, even if we are in the same leauge position