Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Hypothetically...

If Hughton was sacked today and you were appointed as his replacement what changes would you make?Personally, I would strip Bassong of the captaincy and award it to Howson, give Snodgrass a number of games on the bench and line up the team around RVW. Would also consider offloading some of Fox, Whittaker, Elmander, Becchio and Pilkington.For signings I''d spend the majority of the budget on an experienced CB who would be a leader on the pitch and be able to organise the defence. Would also look for young cover for Tettey/Johnson.

Tell the players to make sure they close down the opposition, but above all get out and play and express yourselvesYou are playing in the best league in the world, you are professional footballers and have worked hard to get where you areGo and and prove how good you know you are

Get fitter, press the game further up the pitch, vary tactics defend from midfield,Less zonal and track runners etc...We do not have the players to play a considered possession game particularly in defence..

And the above posts although I like Fox.

I''d move the home dug out nearer the Barclay.

Gets some players in to give the lads some help.

Sign a proper man.

At every press conference I''d declare a rabid hatred of the opposition.

Organise community singing for twenty minutes before kick off.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]I''d move the home dug out nearer the Barclay.

Gets some players in to give the lads some help.

Sign a proper man.

At every press conference I''d declare a rabid hatred of the opposition.

Organise community singing for twenty minutes before kick off.[/quote]

cant believe RVW Keeps escaping criticism he has been bordering on hopeless and could not score on a dartboard with ten darts, but he cost 8.5 mill so he must be good.

I would sign three players:

A Centre back with experience to get us out of a hole and keep the others on their toes, with what''s available, maybe Heitinga.

A Centre Mid to cover Tettey and support Fer to win the midfield battle and be able to maintain posession at high speed.

An attacking mid with a ferocious (and accurate) shot to accompany either RVW or Hooper.

Candidates would be Siem De Jong of Ajax, Toivonen again, Jens Toornstra, Wijnaldum etc.

I''d then get them pushing up the pitch a bit and instigating more than just sporadic runs down the line and aimless crosses. The attacking mid would help with this by providing another outlet in the box. His althleticism would be reciprocated right around the team and we could get more time on the ball as a result.

I would sign a centre back and a couple of midfielders who actually enjoying passing the ball to a teammate. We are also so desperate for creativity. Yesterday was a clear example of how un creative we are. We don''t have a clue what to do in the final third.

The centre half needs to be good on the ball too. What''s happened to Bassong? He looks like he''s either going to be caught on the ball or fall over it. He has gone from being quite a classy centre half to one who can produce a moment of calamity at any minute.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''d get a manager who would hire someone to coach  fans in the art of positive thinking.

[/quote]

http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/364-7/surrender-german-soldiers.jpg

or accepting anything rather than getting off your knees and wanting better for your clubever so ''umble LDC

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''d get a manager who would hire someone to coach  fans in the art of positive thinking.

[/quote]

Lol! Do you also believe you can cure cancer with prayers!? The management team and their awful negative, ineffective, stifling tactics and poor motivational skills are what''s wrong with this club and is what will see it relegated. Not the fans failing to all think positively as a collective to magic the team to safety. HE IS A POOR MANAGER, 9 wins in 42 league games, less than 30% win ratio, I know you adore Chris but it is a fact.

I would make the squad super fit, so they can attack for 90 minutes, in the belief that attack is the best form of defence.

I would sign only players with pace, other things being equal

I would demand that the defence in particular closed down opponents and not stand off

I would want a new tall CB, dominant in the air and an encourager of others, and a central midfielder like Fer but more consistent.

I would:

Play the pressing game properly: i.e if the strikers are going to press at the front then the midfield will follow suit rather than there being a big gap between the front 2 lines.

Tell RVW that leaving his position to get a touch on the ball is fine like he was doing last night except when he has laid it off to the midfielder he needs to get back into box rather than hover around midfield or on the wings when the crosses are coming in. Last night that left Becchio alone in the box where he had no chance against hangeland.

Make my first choice CB pairing as Turner (when fit) and Bennett, Bassong is too clumsy in my book and should be used in the way that Ryan Bennett is at the moment. Also maybe bring another CB in.

Wouldn''t isolate players in the way that seems to have happened at the moment, although if i was going to I wouldnt put them straight back in as soon as they go to the press. Especially if they arent good enough.

Build the team around a core of Ruddy, Turner, Fer, Hooper.

Find a way to make the team realise that they are actually a very talented group and with confidence could take the club to new levels.