Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Delia & MWJ Must Resign

Why is it that whenever we are in this type of situation we never hear a peep out from the club''s owners? It is about time they stopped using the chief executive and chairman as human shields and actually came out with some forthright statements of their own to prove that they have the best interests of Norwich City at heart. The members of the Board need to demonstrably show their pride in the club by stating that the rot must stop and act accordingly. Too much is left to McNasty and it is all too convenient. Delia and MWJ like to leave us with the cosy impression they are just supporters like the rest of us but for all we know they could be holding McNasty back from wielding the axe. The owners have more executive authority than they care to admit to and they like to use it when it suits them and detach themselves from the day to day when it suits them too. This happened on multiple occasions with Munby and Doomcaster and it is happening again today too. The owners should be leaders and be seen to lead from the front like the the boy Peace at WBA and the boy Jenkins at Swansea. Otherwise, the impression is being created, now as in the past, that the owners are sailing the club down the swanny and don''t much care.

Its just like I said yesterday.   If the players aren''t up to it, the manager isn''t up to it, McNally isn''t up to it, the board isn''t up to it, the owners aren''t up to it and imo some of the fans aren''t up to it.  

Why don''t we just close the club down then there would be nothing to complain about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an absolute pile of !!!!!

Delia & MWJ are just fine where they are. One is a TV chef and the other a publisher. David McNally is the football professional and I would imagine that DS & MWJ have employed him for his professional judgement.

You don''t have Joe Lewis of Tottenham going public, or Ellis Short of Sunderland, or the Glazers at Manchester United.

McNally is doing a fine job with this football club. The current form and managers failings should in no way cloud the transformation our club has enjoyed over the last 5/6 years.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Why is it that whenever we are in this type of situation we never hear a peep out from the club''s owners? It is about time they stopped using the chief executive and chairman as human shields and actually came out with some forthright statements of their own to prove that they have the best interests of Norwich City at heart. The members of the Board need to demonstrably show their pride in the club by stating that the rot must stop and act accordingly. Too much is left to McNasty and it is all too convenient. Delia and MWJ like to leave us with the cosy impression they are just supporters like the rest of us but for all we know they could be holding McNasty back from wielding the axe. The owners have more executive authority than they care to admit to and they like to use it when it suits them and detach themselves from the day to day when it suits them too. This happened on multiple occasions with Munby and Doomcaster and it is happening again today too. The owners should be leaders and be seen to lead from the front like the the boy Peace at WBA and the boy Jenkins at Swansea. Otherwise, the impression is being created, now as in the past, that the owners are sailing the club down the swanny and don''t much care.[/quote]you don''t have sound like wizmind you that might be because you have stuck up for him in previous threadsand you don''t like Deliahmmm

...and the clueless guff just keeps coming. God i hope we win the next three games in a row just to stop the sh)t machine from spewing out this stuff.

What do you expect them to do "in this type of situation"? Come out on the pitch with a microphone?

Oh, you want them to PROVE their loyalty to the club. And their presence and experience and stewardship of the club in the last 18 years proves... what?

Their job is to steward the club and provide a stable backcloth for it to operate successfully. McNally is employed to manage that operation. Whether you want them to "lead from the front" (wtf does that mean for an owner?) or be like other owners (some are more prominent than others - Abramovich anyone?) is just irrelevant tbh. They have fulfilled their role perfectly well in the last few years and nursed out club to a healthier position that most of us have ever known. The minute the road gets bumpy it''s SACK THE OWNERS, SACK THE CEO, SACK THE MANAGER. Jeeezus it''s such a f**king cliche and just embarassing to watch most of you. Yes, we''re in a bad place right now, we probably need to change the manager, but it''s nothing we haven''t seen before and nothing that hasn''t befallen several clubs before us this season alone. GROW THE F*** UP.

Yeah, and where''s Stephen Fry? Not heard a peep from him. Perhaps he could say something that''s Quite Interesting.

What about all the other famous supporters, if they really care they would be twittering so much that the twittersphere would be red hot, so come on Hugh Jackman, Mylene Klass, Alexander Armstrong, Jake Humphrey, Lord Nelson, Edith Cavell and the rest of them get vocal, we need you in our hour of need.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I don''t think they should but what I will say is, should they get so close to the managers and there wives. [/quote] How close are they? Do you have inside information on their private lives or are you just guessing?

What have them come out and medel like Tan? Do you even understand how a proper football club is run...

That really has to be one of the worst posts I''ve ever read on this forum and that''s quite some statement

[quote user="TCCANARY"]Yeah, and where''s Stephen Fry? Not heard a peep from him. .[/quote]Still serving his Community payback stuff for that alledged Class A drug conviction I suspectPerhaps East Coast Canary could help

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="can u sit down please"]I don''t think they should but what I will say is, should they get so close to the managers and there wives. [/quote] How close are they? Do you have inside information on their private lives or are you just guessing?[/quote]

No info

It''s a known fact that delia and Michael are welcoming. I think hughton said in the past about them doing things.

Same with worthington. Even in hucks and iwans book they talk about it.

[quote user="birchfest"]What have them come out and medel like Tan? Do you even understand how a proper football club is run... That really has to be one of the worst posts I''ve ever read on this forum and that''s quite some statement[/quote]

THIS ^

[quote user="H4H"]thats the worst post I''ve ever read on this forum…[/quote]

AND THIS ^

What garbageI am a Hughton outer and have been almost since he came here BUT no way should those 2 go (not sure how they resign). Would you want Tan or the clown at Hull instead

[quote user="a1canary"]

...and the clueless guff just keeps coming. God i hope we win the next three games in a row just to stop the sh)t machine from spewing out this stuff.

What do you expect them to do "in this type of situation"? Come out on the pitch with a microphone?

Oh, you want them to PROVE their loyalty to the club. And their presence and experience and stewardship of the club in the last 18 years proves... what?

Their job is to steward the club and provide a stable backcloth for it to operate successfully. McNally is employed to manage that operation. Whether you want them to "lead from the front" (wtf does that mean for an owner?) or be like other owners (some are more prominent than others - Abramovich anyone?) is just irrelevant tbh. They have fulfilled their role perfectly well in the last few years and nursed out club to a healthier position that most of us have ever known. The minute the road gets bumpy it''s SACK THE OWNERS, SACK THE CEO, SACK THE MANAGER. Jeeezus it''s such a f**king cliche and just embarassing to watch most of you. Yes, we''re in a bad place right now, we probably need to change the manager, but it''s nothing we haven''t seen before and nothing that hasn''t befallen several clubs before us this season alone. GROW THE F*** UP.

[/quote]

THIS IS SENSE. ignore the OP, who has written a pile of sh*t and has marked himself as an idiot.

It is a little bit difficult to make them retire when they are the majority owners, and have loans to the club due to be paid.

If they took the bat and ball, how could the club function?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Just to add an example.

Delia was on graham norton and mrs hughton was there in the audience with her[/quote]

Well, that''s it for me. We should probably burn them both at the stake.

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Just to add an example.

Delia was on graham norton and mrs hughton was there in the audience with her[/quote]

Well, that''s it for me. We should probably burn them both at the stake.[/quote]

That''s not what I''m saying warren.

I don''t think they should go.

What I''m saying is, they do get a bit cosy with the managers and their families.

It can''t make things easy when needing to make a decision like this.

[quote user="ricardo"]How do you resign from something you own?[/quote]To be fair, ricardo, Big Vince has an answer to that. Delia and MWJ should give their shares to anyone of those 52 would-be investors who claimed they had loads of money but turned out to have none.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Just to add an example.

Well, that''s it for me. We should probably burn them both at the stake.[/quote]

That''s not what I''m saying warren.

I don''t think they should go.

What I''m saying is, they do get a bit cosy with the managers and their families.

It can''t make things easy when needing to make a decision like this.[/quote]

Ha! An even bigger pointer to my divorce theory. Because remember the inside information from the Fan Of The Year that MWJ has wanted Hughton gone since last season!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]How do you resign from something you own?[/quote]To be fair, ricardo, Big Vince has an answer to that. Delia and MWJ should give their shares to anyone of those 52 would-be investors who claimed they had loads of money but turned out to have none.[/quote]Oh lovely, I''''ll claim to have a few quid and put myself in line for a few shares then.Somehow I can''t see that coming to fruition.