Sign in to follow this  
Delias Love Child

Disrespect

We are all harping on about this game and that game and the general feel around Carrow Road. Well, in my opinion, last night Chris Hughton disrespected Norwich City Football Club and the fans that went to the game. To come out in the media with the bare face cheek and suggest that we were going to try in the Cup game when clearly he had already decided he wanted us to go out. Put aside whether you wanted us in the cup or not,  as manager he made the decision that due to our poor league form he wanted us to go out the cup. He gave not a shred of thought to the thousands of city fans who paid their hard earned money to go to the game. He didn''t care that us as long suffering fans might want a cup run to cheer us up. No, he allowed the players to go out and give a half arsed performance. A performance that was so bad it was almost laughable. Then to come out after the game and suggest we should forget about the game and concentrate on Saturday. WTF? How about the money we as fans give to this club and you Mr Hughton don''t give a flying F***. You disrespect this club and allow that crap to go on. As manager you should hang your head in shame.

Lambert was just as guilty of this. In fact a lot of prem managers do this. Yes it is disrespectful but the threat of relegation takes precedent over Cup runs sadly.

[quote user="Herman "]Lambert was just as guilty of this. In fact a lot of prem managers do this. Yes it is disrespectful but the threat of relegation takes precedent over Cup runs sadly.[/quote]True, but to have the bare faced cheek to even suggest we were going to try. He should have just said something like "the cup is not our priority and we will just see what happens"

I''m sorry but this is just not on.  The team put out was one which Hughton "hoped would be good enough".   Not quite the same as putting out a team "not wanting to win".    The outcome was predictable, probably, so in a way although it adds salt to the wound, it is actually pretty irrelevant.  Disrespect?? The only place I''ve seen disrespect is on here - in bucket loads.   Sometimes this board stinks of bullyboy antics and xenophobia.

Then, if he had have come out and said "we''re prioritising the league over this tie", he would have been slated like Lambert was last week.Fulham made more changes to their weekend side than we did. Do you also feel disrespected by Meulensteen?You can have a go at Hughton for the performance, which I think we all have. But if you thought the team selected was going to be anything like a first 11 team, that''s naivety on your behalf. Not Hughtons.

[quote user="ncfctilidie1080"]We are all harping on about this game and that game and the general feel around Carrow Road. Well, in my opinion, last night Chris Hughton disrespected Norwich City Football Club and the fans that went to the game. To come out in the media with the bare face cheek and suggest that we were going to try in the Cup game when clearly he had already decided he wanted us to go out. Put aside whether you wanted us in the cup or not,  as manager he made the decision that due to our poor league form he wanted us to go out the cup. He gave not a shred of thought to the thousands of city fans who paid their hard earned money to go to the game. He didn''t care that us as long suffering fans might want a cup run to cheer us up. No, he allowed the players to go out and give a half arsed performance. A performance that was so bad it was almost laughable. Then to come out after the game and suggest we should forget about the game and concentrate on Saturday. WTF? How about the money we as fans give to this club and you Mr Hughton don''t give a flying F***. You disrespect this club and allow that crap to go on. As manager you should hang your head in shame. [/quote]Do you honestly think he said to the team he wanted to be out of the Cup and they didn''t bother because of this? You really that blinded by hate that you think this? What about the players disrespecting the cup? what about the players disrespecting the traveling fans? They are the ones that showed no fight. Oh sorry Hughton told them not to try I take it?

[quote user="hertfordyellow"][quote user="ncfctilidie1080"]We are all harping on about this game and that game and the general feel around Carrow Road. Well, in my opinion, last night Chris Hughton disrespected Norwich City Football Club and the fans that went to the game. To come out in the media with the bare face cheek and suggest that we were going to try in the Cup game when clearly he had already decided he wanted us to go out. Put aside whether you wanted us in the cup or not,  as manager he made the decision that due to our poor league form he wanted us to go out the cup. He gave not a shred of thought to the thousands of city fans who paid their hard earned money to go to the game. He didn''t care that us as long suffering fans might want a cup run to cheer us up. No, he allowed the players to go out and give a half arsed performance. A performance that was so bad it was almost laughable. Then to come out after the game and suggest we should forget about the game and concentrate on Saturday. WTF? How about the money we as fans give to this club and you Mr Hughton don''t give a flying F***. You disrespect this club and allow that crap to go on. As manager you should hang your head in shame. [/quote]Do you honestly think he said to the team he wanted to be out of the Cup and they didn''t bother because of this? You really that blinded by hate that you think this? What about the players disrespecting the cup? what about the players disrespecting the traveling fans? They are the ones that showed no fight. Oh sorry Hughton told them not to try I take it?[/quote]Nope. I agree the Players were shocking as well. But he is the manager. At half time he could have said "This is fucking shit lads. It''s abysmal. You go out there and play like your careers depend on it". Then maybe we would have seen some difference. I''m not blinded by hate but I don''t like seeing our team become a laughing stock

Last night was a disgrace. It was clear for most of the game, maybe excusing the first 10 minutes that we were not bothered about going through.

Although as others have said, Dire cup games and performances have been our norm for years. Bury, Charlton, Leicester, Leyton Orient, and of course the Luton disgrace, to name but a few from the last few years.

I was at the Cottage last night though, and the fans did the club proud as we always do, sang all through the game to get behind the lads and only got on Hughton''s back in ways that caused no trouble.

[quote user="ncfctilidie1080"][quote user="hertfordyellow"][quote user="ncfctilidie1080"]We are all harping on about this game and that game and the general feel around Carrow Road. Well, in my opinion, last night Chris Hughton disrespected Norwich City Football Club and the fans that went to the game. To come out in the media with the bare face cheek and suggest that we were going to try in the Cup game when clearly he had already decided he wanted us to go out. Put aside whether you wanted us in the cup or not,  as manager he made the decision that due to our poor league form he wanted us to go out the cup. He gave not a shred of thought to the thousands of city fans who paid their hard earned money to go to the game. He didn''t care that us as long suffering fans might want a cup run to cheer us up. No, he allowed the players to go out and give a half arsed performance. A performance that was so bad it was almost laughable. Then to come out after the game and suggest we should forget about the game and concentrate on Saturday. WTF? How about the money we as fans give to this club and you Mr Hughton don''t give a flying F***. You disrespect this club and allow that crap to go on. As manager you should hang your head in shame. [/quote]Do you honestly think he said to the team he wanted to be out of the Cup and they didn''t bother because of this? You really that blinded by hate that you think this? What about the players disrespecting the cup? what about the players disrespecting the traveling fans? They are the ones that showed no fight. Oh sorry Hughton told them not to try I take it?[/quote]Nope. I agree the Players were shocking as well. But he is the manager. At half time he could have said "This is fucking shit lads. It''s abysmal. You go out there and play like your careers depend on it". Then maybe we would have seen some difference. I''m not blinded by hate but I don''t like seeing our team become a laughing stock[/quote]How do you know he didn''t give them a rocket at half time? he probably did, did they just not care?

[quote user="lake district canary"]  Disrespect?? The only place I''ve seen disrespect is on here - in bucket loads.   Sometimes this board stinks of bullyboy antics and xenophobia.

[/quote]

You Lakey have virtually single handedly caused so much of the divisions on this board with thread after thread after thread after thread  week after week day after day lecturing your fellow fans. Now if that is not a form of ''bullyboy antics'' I really don''t know what is. As for disrespect I am amazed you can spell it because you certainly have no idea what it means.

[quote user="hertfordyellow"][quote user="ncfctilidie1080"][quote user="hertfordyellow"][quote user="ncfctilidie1080"]We are all harping on about this game and that game and the general feel around Carrow Road. Well, in my opinion, last night Chris Hughton disrespected Norwich City Football Club and the fans that went to the game. To come out in the media with the bare face cheek and suggest that we were going to try in the Cup game when clearly he had already decided he wanted us to go out. Put aside whether you wanted us in the cup or not,  as manager he made the decision that due to our poor league form he wanted us to go out the cup. He gave not a shred of thought to the thousands of city fans who paid their hard earned money to go to the game. He didn''t care that us as long suffering fans might want a cup run to cheer us up. No, he allowed the players to go out and give a half arsed performance. A performance that was so bad it was almost laughable. Then to come out after the game and suggest we should forget about the game and concentrate on Saturday. WTF? How about the money we as fans give to this club and you Mr Hughton don''t give a flying F***. You disrespect this club and allow that crap to go on. As manager you should hang your head in shame. [/quote]Do you honestly think he said to the team he wanted to be out of the Cup and they didn''t bother because of this? You really that blinded by hate that you think this? What about the players disrespecting the cup? what about the players disrespecting the traveling fans? They are the ones that showed no fight. Oh sorry Hughton told them not to try I take it?[/quote]Nope. I agree the Players were shocking as well. But he is the manager. At half time he could have said "This is fucking shit lads. It''s abysmal. You go out there and play like your careers depend on it". Then maybe we would have seen some difference. I''m not blinded by hate but I don''t like seeing our team become a laughing stock[/quote]How do you know he didn''t give them a rocket at half time? he probably did, did they just not care?[/quote]If they don''t care then that''s an even bigger problem