Sign in to follow this  
Daz

In my opinion we are missing a big opportunity here..

As the title says, My opinion is we should of got rid of Hughton today and installed Malky as manager.

All fans would have had a massive lift from this and Carrow Road would be buzzing ahead at Saturday''s game with Hull.

Then what would Malky''s first away trip be? Cardiff, Brilliant, its absolutely written in the stars.

Clearly the Norwich City board don''t see it this way, and Saturday looks like being a very nervous Carrow Road as it has been on countless occasions under Hughton''s leadership.

Yes Malky might not be the best option in the long term, but thats what I believe we should of donetoday to give us the best chance for the remainder of the season.

Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope simply have to go ASAP, last night was the final nail in the coffin if we hadn''t had it already.

but OTBC as always, I''ll be right behind the lads on Saturday hoping for 3 points :)

[quote user="Daz"]As the title says, My opinion is we should of got rid of Hughton today and installed Malky as manager.[/quote]I can''t believe nobody has thought of that before. [:S]

No he doesn''t, he has compensation to fight for.

Getting another job would jeopardise his pay out, but do you honestly think he wouldn''t write off his compo for a return to Norwich?

We could give him a big bonus for keeping us up, that can be his Cardiff compo.

I think he would jump at the chance to come here to be honest. Why wouldn''t he?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Daz"]As the title says, My opinion is we should of got rid of Hughton today and installed Malky as manager.[/quote]I can''t believe nobody has thought of that before. [:S][/quote]

Thanfkully someone had the good sense to start a new thread about this subjectas the one thing missing today is new threads

[quote user="Le Juge"]No he doesn''t, he has compensation to fight for.

Getting another job would jeopardise his pay out, but do you honestly think he wouldn''t write off his compo for a return to Norwich?

We could give him a big bonus for keeping us up, that can be his Cardiff compo.[/quote]

I would imagine malky will take great pleasure in getting everything he''s owed off Tan!

I would also imagine that once he''s done that he won''t be short of offers, however I can''t see him coming here just yet.

What about getting Malky in on a two week temp contract then? A bit of temping to make ends meet wont harm his compo claim in fact agency managers could well be the future. A week here a month there no long term commitments lose on saturday, sacked on saturday replaced 9am monday.[:S]

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"]Malky isnt available, he still has legal issues to finalise from his previous job.[/quote]

The same was said about poyet too....[/quote]
It wasnt said about him, malky himself said it when asked the question " are you available for work"

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"]Malky isnt available, he still has legal issues to finalise from his previous job.[/quote]

The same was said about poyet too....[/quote]
It wasnt said about him, malky himself said it when asked the question " are you available for work"
[/quote]

People on here dismissed poyet because they thought he was unobtainable after the Brighton fiasco

Malky earned £3m a year at Cardiff provided he doesn''t get a job before he is paid £4.5m outstanding for 18months (assuming 18 months left on contract. If he joined City now at say £1m a year Cardiff would pay Malky 2 months compo.

Somehow don''t think we will pay £3m a year so joining City will cost Malky big, he will wait for the legal position to be sorted before next job.

Same position with De Matteo being paid by Chelsea on monthly basis thus will not look for job unless it pays more than Chelsea job.

Cardiff could pay Malky each month until contract expires or reach a settlement at less than full contract.