Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

If we got relegated?

Which players would remain loyal to this club and which ones would seek to jump the sinking ship at the earliest opportunity?

I suppose that''s a difficult question to speculate on without knowing who the manager is. It is likely though that the players who would remain are those who get the most stick from our fans, and I''m always conscious about that when people slate Bradley Johnson''s passing or Snoddy''s crossing.

It would be difficult to see Fer or Van Wolfswinkel being willing to get kicked in the Championship, Redmond is possibly loyal to Hughton rather than Norwich. I couldn''t see Ruddy wishing to stay in that league for long either.

Martin, Whittaker, Johnson, Snodgrass, Bunn..... the players who get so much stick would realistically form the spine of our Championship team.

Then again, if we got relegated then perhaps many of our players would struggle to find Premier League suitors.

I reckon we''d lose Ruddy, Olsson, Turner, Bassong, Redmond, Pilkington, Fer, Howson, RVW, Hooper and Elmander. Maybe Snodders.

It would be a disaster, everything we''ve built over the last 5 years would be gone.

i can see redmond, bassong, fer, howson, wolf, hooper, snodgrass, olsson, r.bennett and martin all being targeted by other clubsi wouldnt blame them for leaving either

Some of the platers you mention would certainly like to believe they could get into another Premier League team but it is unlikely based on this seasons form.

Hooper would walk into most lower Prem teams. Fer might get a few takers. We would need to getrid of two or three of the highest earners. Majority of squad would have to stay many on long term contracts some recently signed all with relegation clauses we are told.

Who would invest much in RVW with his record and would we even consider selling without recovering most of the £8m. Who would want Ruddy as first keeper on current form.

No even if we go down most of the squad will have to stay even though we would benefit from having a clearout.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I reckon we''d lose Ruddy, Olsson, Turner, Bassong, Redmond, Pilkington, Fer, Howson, RVW, Hooper and Elmander. Maybe Snodders.

It would be a disaster, everything we''ve built over the last 5 years would be gone.[/quote]

If they''re all that good how come we got relegated? Couldn''t be the manager could it

Was having this convo with a mate the other day and to be honest only thought 5-6. Due to the fact at how bad they have been performing.

Van Wolfswinkel

Fer

Ruddy

Def gone. The rest i think could/would stay.

Pilkington is a dead cert also.

Out of contract in summer, option to renew for one year.

I think he will be gone in the summer even if stay up.