Sign in to follow this  
Insidersknowledge

The media/you all have got it wrong...

Not once did McNally show his, or the boards support for Hughton; in fact he dodged the question when asked. So everyone mentioning McNally has sent his support to Hughton is wrong.

On a separate point; during the AGM, McNally and Bowkett mentioned that we needed to finish around 11/12th this season, and now McNallys brief to Hughton is to keep us out of the relegations zone. So in fact, the boards targets have in fact dropped - no surprise; a club in downfall.

Additionally, if''/when Hughton is sacked, people calling for MM are clueless, yes he is ex Norwich, but if anything, he is as defensive as Hughton. We need a foreign manager, who knows how to play attacking football, as clearly most English managers do not understand this part of the game (obviously a few exceptions). Our players need to be given the chance to express themselves, not be stuck in a rigid formation.

[quote user="Insidersknowledge"]Not once did McNally show his, or the boards support for Hughton; in fact he dodged the question when asked. So everyone mentioning McNally has sent his support to Hughton is wrong.

On a separate point; during the AGM, McNally and Bowkett mentioned that we needed to finish around 11/12th this season, and now McNallys brief to Hughton is to keep us out of the relegations zone. So in fact, the boards targets have in fact dropped - no surprise; a club in downfall.

Additionally, if''/when Hughton is sacked, people calling for MM are clueless, yes he is ex Norwich, but if anything, he is as defensive as Hughton. We need a foreign manager, who knows how to play attacking football, as clearly most English managers do not understand this part of the game (obviously a few exceptions). Our players need to be given the chance to express themselves, not be stuck in a rigid formation.[/quote]

that''s the way i read the interview by McNally - he didn''t offer any much support at all. It made me wonder if it was a deliberate ploy to get Hughton to consider resigning. (that''s just my own twisted spin, don''t expect many people to think the same.

as for MM being just as defensive as Hughton, i don''t mind defensive football - i want a balanced approach of both attacking andbdefending when required. We don''t need to be classed as one or the other. We need to be organised to know when to sit back and when to push on and at the minute we cannot do neither. That''s the biggest problem on the pitch for me, as well as not having a leader on the pitch

KeepTheFaith wrote the following post at 15/01/2014 7:00 PM:

Last time I looked a hoots was our manager. He therefor has the backing of the board.

We need new players not a change in manager.

They are now mostly all his players. Wakey wakey!

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Last time I looked a hoots was our manager. He therefor has the backing of the board.

We need new players not a change in manager.[/quote]a

Are you for real?

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Last time I looked a hoots was our manager. He therefor has the backing of the board.

We need new players not a change in manager.[/quote]a

Are you for real?

Yes they are but money makes so much difference in this league and our squad is at best a good championship squad but a poor mans premier league outfit. On paper we are where we should be with the value of the players we have.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]We need new players not a change in manager.[/quote]So the FOURTEEN new players that Hughton has signed since his arrival (along with another 6-8 loans or more) are now not good enough, and apparently this has NOTHING to do with the guy who brought them in, and instead we should simply hand over the cash so he can buy another half dozen or so (and if they underperform it still won''t be his fault eh?)...

This is all true. I find it interesting when sections of the media pick and choose the quotes so 2 + 2 = 5

I do worry that our board seems to be morphing back to pre Bowkett/McNally days of procrastination, so I hope our assumption that Hoots is at the end of the plank is correct.

There are a few candidates who would be a considerable improvement but where we are now I lean towards Clark. First hand Premier experience for several years and has a good c.v. His sacking from the baggies appeared ill advised and they have an unenviable record for sackings. I admit though that I don''t have a lot of knowledge of foreign candidates as some do on this board.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]You get what you pay for.

Our budget is lower than lost of our peers which most on here choose to ignore.[/quote]

Since when could we only afford players that don''t give a toss?

[quote user="Jay tabby"][quote user="KeepTheFaith"]You get what you pay for.

Our budget is lower than lost of our peers which most on here choose to ignore.[/quote]

Since when could we only afford players that don''t give a toss?[/quote]

And that''s the managers fault???? We are a premier league team on a budget! A very low one.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"][quote user="Jay tabby"][quote user="KeepTheFaith"]You get what you pay for.

Since when could we only afford players that don''t give a toss?[/quote]

And that''s the managers fault???? We are a premier league team on a budget! A very low one.[/quote]It is perfectly possible to put a premier league squad together on our budget, especially when you started with a squad of players who were together and playing to their strengths.Sadly this clown has dismantled both that squad and spirit and replaced the personnel with serial relegation types like Bassong, reservists like Turner, Nash, Elmander and Gutierez and completely unproven players like Fer, Redmond, RVW and Hooper.We keep hearing how Hughton has made great signings but there is no evidence to support it. They might turn out to be good yet but it isn''t happening under the clueless smiling boy we have found ourselves lumbered with. Olsson. I''ll let you have Olsson as a good signing.Just to put the counter view on this as well- Hughton claims to let other people do the transfer dealings. This suggests he may not be to blame for who is in the squad, just how they perform. I don''t see that as a defense though as a manager SHOULD be involved in transfers.