Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Anyone else just not bothered?

Honestly I''m past caring at the minute. There used to be a time when I would have given an awful lot for Norwich to be in this position in the premier league, but somehow hughton has destroyed my passion for the club. I just cannot be bothered to waste my time supporting Norwich right now. It''s nothing to do with being ungrateful and ignorant, I''m aware we are a premiership club but I just can''t take it anymore. The last two games didn''t even bother me really. I''m beyond anger and hurt. It''s just an absolute joke with Hughton and co in charge. We get beat too easily and quite frankly it''s just embarrassing.

I really hope there is some sort of change soon so I can reignite my love for the club.

Am I a terrible supporter?

I know exactly what you''re talking about! It''s like if the players, and seemingly the board don''t care about our awful results then why should we?! Last season ended and it came to renewing my season ticket. I have a few other commitments now, and work always made getting there tricky but it was what was being served up that actually convinced me to give it up. I just could not sit through another season of that defensive slow predictable football. I used to love going to matches, but under Hughton if we concede that''s it game over. I too hope to god that''s a change, and the sooner the better, I want to love my team again.

Must say it''s getting harder to go to games, particularly away when you know we''re pretty much beat before we start , but even home games are a bit of a chore under Chris HughtonI''m booked in for a nice pre-match session in the '' Fat Cat '' on Saturdau and it''ll be sorely tempting to give the match a miss and just slide under the table in there.I know in the end I won''t but I do wonder why I beat myself up so regularly.

Whilst you cannot deny Hughton has contributed to your feelings Lincoln id hazard a guess he is not solely responsible for them?

I feel the same, but it''s far too easy to blame everything on Hughton. The reality of the Premier League has set in now.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Honestly I''m past caring at the minute. There used to be a time when I would have given an awful lot for Norwich to be in this position in the premier league, but somehow hughton has destroyed my passion for the club. I just cannot be bothered to waste my time supporting Norwich right now. It''s nothing to do with being ungrateful and ignorant, I''m aware we are a premiership club but I just can''t take it anymore. The last two games didn''t even bother me really. I''m beyond anger and hurt. It''s just an absolute joke with Hughton and co in charge. We get beat too easily and quite frankly it''s just embarrassing.

I really hope there is some sort of change soon so I can reignite my love for the club.

[/quote]No you are not a terrible supporter but just ask yourself why you never expected bad times to come around again.On the positive side there is always change on the horizon but you can''t tell how far away that horizon lies.

This Saturday is one of the few which coincide with not working, a home game and the availability of tickets at the time I find I can make it. I''d normally be very excited and clutch my tickets proudly. But I live 200 miles away and the thought of 8 hours in the car, £80 on petrol, an early start and late finish in a near silent stadium watching us let Hull attack at will is also strangely not as appealing as it may have been in the past.........Spending my day off in front of Final Score instead may save a lot of hassle!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Honestly I''m past caring at the minute. There used to be a time when I would have given an awful lot for Norwich to be in this position in the premier league, but somehow hughton has destroyed my passion for the club. I just cannot be bothered to waste my time supporting Norwich right now. It''s nothing to do with being ungrateful and ignorant, I''m aware we are a premiership club but I just can''t take it anymore. The last two games didn''t even bother me really. I''m beyond anger and hurt. It''s just an absolute joke with Hughton and co in charge. We get beat too easily and quite frankly it''s just embarrassing.

[/quote]No you are not a terrible supporter but just ask yourself why you never expected bad times to come around again.On the positive side there is always change on the horizon but you can''t tell how far away that horizon lies.[/quote]That''s the problem. I quite liked the bad times, losing 7-1 to Colchester was like a classic tragic comedy. Under Hughton''s rule these have just been very, very dull times. As the original poster states, that''s an impressive feat when we''re in the Premier League for consecutive seasons for the first time in nearly 2 decades.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Honestly I''m past caring at the minute. There used to be a time when I would have given an awful lot for Norwich to be in this position in the premier league, but somehow hughton has destroyed my passion for the club. I just cannot be bothered to waste my time supporting Norwich right now. It''s nothing to do with being ungrateful and ignorant, I''m aware we are a premiership club but I just can''t take it anymore. The last two games didn''t even bother me really. I''m beyond anger and hurt. It''s just an absolute joke with Hughton and co in charge. We get beat too easily and quite frankly it''s just embarrassing.

[/quote]No you are not a terrible supporter but just ask yourself why you never expected bad times to come around again.On the positive side there is always change on the horizon but you can''t tell how far away that horizon lies.[/quote]

I always expected there to be bad times again. I just always hoped that we''d remain competitive and give it a good go. I can take defeat so long as we at least had a chance to get something from the game. Or if the players worked their socks off and gave 110% I''d let the proud feeling cloud the result. But right now there is very little effort and we are very in competitive.

Every team in the league has had at least one superb result this season. A result that was totally unexpected and defied the odds. Have we? No.

I feel like you Lincoln Canary.

I just don''t want to go to games at the minute.

Even found myself getting distracted by facebook during the Fulham stream.

Last season I was watching every kick of every ball.

Has been a gradual thing but I''m bored and becoming disinterested. Part of the problem is just how predictable we are and how we know that if we concede the first goal we have very likely lost a game, how our substitutes never change a game.

We are probably the most boring team in the league this season. At least we could look down on Stoke last season.

My love for our club will never wain, win lose, or draw I will still support our beloved football club. We have seen worse times that at present but most of us hung in there knowing the good times would return, and they will again. What I do miss is a good game of football which I feel can only be had if we dropped down into the championship.As much as I hate to say it clubs like ours are never going to be top 6 and at least in the championship we''d get to see some decent games. Maybe a promotion year once every 3 years or so to secure the finances and then drop back down for some decent games. We are like a few others punching above our weight unless some hefty invester appears from out of the blue.

Some of you lot make me laugh. In the grand scheme of everything, things aren''t that bad really. I mean would you all prefer us to be like Portsmouth? A club whose future up until a few months ago was in serious doubt? No matter how bad the Football gets and it is pretty bad at the moment I agree, there are quite a few clubs who''d happily swap places in the lower leagues. I think some of you need a grasp on reality.

Cue the abuse...

[quote user="YellowBlood"]Some of you lot make me laugh. In the grand scheme of everything, things aren''t that bad really. I mean would you all prefer us to be like Portsmouth? A club whose future up until a few months ago was in serious doubt? No matter how bad the Football gets and it is pretty bad at the moment I agree, there are quite a few clubs who''d happily swap places in the lower leagues. I think some of you need a grasp on reality.

Cue the abuse...[/quote]

I understand what your saying. But it doesn''t change the fact that I''m just not bothered about watching Norwich right now.

I''m not down or upset or anything like that, just a bit of apathy to the team right now.

It is just the lack of excitement. I think we also had a closer bond with the players, poor performances have made it difficult to feel connected to the new players.

This is probably what football is like for most fans, we were spoiled by Lambert.

I felt a bit like it last night when I left with 10 minutes to go, never done that before, but had just had enough. Anyway will be up for it again Saturday no doubt. OTBC

[quote user="Le Juge"]I feel like you Lincoln Canary.

I just don''t want to go to games at the minute.

Even found myself getting distracted by facebook during the Fulham stream.

Last season I was watching every kick of every ball.

Has been a gradual thing but I''m bored and becoming disinterested. Part of the problem is just how predictable we are and how we know that if we concede the first goal we have very likely lost a game, how our substitutes never change a game.

We are probably the most boring team in the league this season. At least we could look down on Stoke last season.[/quote]

Oh dear Juge, sounds like you are at the dreaded crisis point. I''ve been worried about quite a few on here lately. It happens to everyone Juge, when you start questioning if it''s all worth it. Some never get past it and drift away to other pastimes. My advice is stick with it because bad times don''t last forever although sadly, neither do good times.Your club needs your support through the bad times Juge, don''t let it down, there''s always something unexpected just round the next corner.

Well I''ve stuck by this club through a decade of mostly mediocre mid-table Championship dross in the past so I''m sure I will pull through.

I could never support another professional English team, Norwich will always be my team.

So far my decrease in football expenditure has been achieved through non-attendance of away games, and that doesn''t have financial implications for the club (apart from cup games).

[quote user="Le Juge"]Well I''ve stuck by this club through a decade of mostly mediocre mid-table Championship dross in the past so I''m sure I will pull through.

I could never support another professional English team, Norwich will always be my team.

So far my decrease in football expenditure has been achieved through non-attendance of away games, and that doesn''t have financial implications for the club (apart from cup games).[/quote]That''s more like it, you can crib all you like because that''s half of what being a supporter is all about.But don''t leave or you will cut off your nose to spite your face.If I may offer a bit of advice with being accused of being patronising. Never fall in love with managers or players, they come and go and most will let you down in the end.. Only the Club goes on forever.

If you look at it this way  the Norwich of the past has been a club that plays with mainly local homegrown and British players. Lambert proved this to be a good assett by only buying and using players who wanted to be at and play for Norwich. The fans and the players thrived on each other and the players played out of their skins for this football club.Now Hughton is in the process of changing all of that by gradually bringing in foreign players to try and compete with the other premier league teams. This may be good in some ways but they have no love for Norwich City. Give Hughton a while and if we remain in the prem our club will be full of foreigners the likes of Arsenal, Man City etc. I think we are seeing a change of mentality within our football club which could be good in some ways but in others could make more of us loyal supporters past caring and stop going. The passion is being drained from our club by players who don''t care about it. Get relegated, they will just move on. It''s just a job and wage at the end of the day for some.

I think it is what the lower half of the premier league has become, a desperation to stay in the league, with the vast sums of money it gives clubs, playing nice football has gone out the window replaced by win by any means possible.

I believe the root to all this started with Stoke city, showing that you can stay in the prem without playing attractive football, replaced by effective football.

The bottom 11 teams are separated by only 6 points, trawling through some of these teams fans forums I found it very similar to our own mops and gripes, Aston villa fans in disbelief what is going on there, a villa fan on talk sport yesterday saying that this is "the worst football he has ever seen at villa park", not much better on west broms either.

I don''t think you are along with falling out of love with it, neither are we as clubs fans

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="YellowBlood"]Some of you lot make me laugh. In the grand scheme of everything, things aren''t that bad really. I mean would you all prefer us to be like Portsmouth? A club whose future up until a few months ago was in serious doubt? No matter how bad the Football gets and it is pretty bad at the moment I agree, there are quite a few clubs who''d happily swap places in the lower leagues. I think some of you need a grasp on reality.

Cue the abuse...[/quote]

I understand what your saying. But it doesn''t change the fact that I''m just not bothered about watching Norwich right now.

I''m not down or upset or anything like that, just a bit of apathy to the team right now.[/quote]

Fair enough I get your point. I understand Football is an entertainment business as well as a results business and we aren''t getting results at the moment as well not being entertained. It''s a lose lose situation for the fans. I want Hughton gone as much as anyone but if he is to remain in charge, I can''t see him being here any longer than the end of the season.

Good god. Grow a backbone some of you whinging pansies.Fans of every club in the bottom half of the league are all having the same chat on forums. ''Our team is rubbish, we''re too negative, get the manager out''. That''s the Premiership for you and bar the odd exception such as Southampton''s start that is largely how every season will pan out unless we are bought by a tycoon.We''ve hit a bit of a glass ceiling at the moment and occasionally we might break through it and one season soon maybe even qualify for Europe again but protecting Premier League survival will always be the objective whilst such large sums of money are on the table. Cautious football is largely what all the bottom half are experiencing, including our former manager whose team, if judged on possession stats, are one of the most negative in the country.

[quote user="ricardo"]If I may offer a bit of advice with being accused of being patronising. Never fall in love with managers or players, they come and go and most will let you down in the end.. Only the Club goes on forever.[/quote]Bit like women then......[;)]

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]Good god. Grow a backbone some of you whinging pansies.Fans of every club in the bottom half of the league are all having the same chat on forums. ''Our team is rubbish, we''re too negative, get the manager out''. That''s the Premiership for you and bar the odd exception such as Southampton''s start that is largely how every season will pan out unless we are bought by a tycoon.We''ve hit a bit of a glass ceiling at the moment and occasionally we might break through it and one season soon maybe even qualify for Europe again but protecting Premier League survival will always be the objective whilst such large sums of money are on the table. Cautious football is largely what all the bottom half are experiencing, including our former manager whose team, if judged on possession stats, are one of the most negative in the country.[/quote]

Disagree. Many teams around us have been competitive against some of the top teams this season. Sunderland have had some good results, WBA won at Man UTD, Villa won at Arsenal, West Ham won at Spurs, Cardiff beat Man city - when have we been anywhere near upsetting the odds?

We can still be far more competitive than we are. Instead of just turning in the predictable no show performances.

As bad as it sounds, there''s a part of me which actually wants us to lose games recently. I''m so done with Hughton that part of me just wants us to lose and get rid of him asap. I know that losing games is arguably best for the club in the long run (to get a new manager in), but it goes against every instinct i have as a Norwich fan.

Malaise is for the weak. I urge everyone to fight on, do whatever you want bring any opinion you want, get happy get mad, doesn''t matter.

Calm yourself down, and find some resolve. The club you chose to support needs you.

[quote user="Canary"]As bad as it sounds, there''s a part of me which actually wants us to lose games recently. I''m so done with Hughton that part of me just wants us to lose and get rid of him asap. I know that losing games is arguably best for the club in the long run (to get a new manager in), but it goes against every instinct i have as a Norwich fan.[/quote]

I want him gone, but losing now is not good for us now or in the long run. If we lose to hull were in big trouble and relegation will be a seriously likely scenario. Regardless of who''s I''m charge next season, if were in the championship it will be hard to return to the premiership. We have to win. But like you say winning keeps him in.