Sign in to follow this  
S10 Canary

Hughton's record since taking charge.

Sat down and had a look today, this is what I found:

- 70 games in all competitions, excluding pre-season.

- Won 30%, lost 41.43%, drawn 28.57%

- Conceded 113 (average of 1.6 goals per game)

- Scored 77 (average of 1.1 goals per game)

- One win in ten. Shipping 16 while only scoring 7.

- Hughton out.

his win ration is now on par or worse than Roader, Grant and almost Gunn !I''m not sure if I can see where the next win is coming from ?

Hughton should be ashamed he is an incompetent fool. Nice bloke? Really total plank if you ask me. No passion, games lost before the team gets on the pitch.

[quote user="City1st"]his win ration is now on par or worse than Roader, Grant and almost Gunn !I''m not sure if I can see where the next win is coming from ?

[/quote]Hardly comparable though, considering those 3 were managing in a different league to Hughton. How do they compare with Worthy''s record in the PL? While his overall win percentage at Norwich was over 40%, he only managed 18% in this league.I''m not interested in win percentage of the last year and a half. I''m only interested in what the win percentage will be in the next few games.

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]Sat down and had a look today, this is what I found:

- 70 games in all competitions, excluding pre-season.

- Won 30%, lost 41.43%, drawn 28.57%

- Conceded 113 (average of 1.6 goals per game)

- Scored 77 (average of 1.1 goals per game)

- One win in ten. Shipping 16 while only scoring 7.

- Hughton out.[/quote]Sorry to do this but it''s not 1 win in 10. That would be a win percentage of 10%. Unless i misunderstood what you are on about

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="City1st"]his win ration is now on par or worse than Roader, Grant and almost Gunn !I''m not sure if I can see where the next win is coming from ?

[/quote]Hardly comparable though, considering those 3 were managing in a different league to Hughton. How do they compare with Worthy''s record in the PL? While his overall win percentage at Norwich was over 40%, he only managed 18% in this league.I''m not interested in win percentage of the last year and a half. I''m only interested in what the win percentage will be in the next few games.[/quote]

If I get some downtime at work again tomorrow i''ll have a look in comparison to Worthy unless someone does it before. Agree about the last point though. Just fancied working it out to see it in B&W.

He only has the 10 match unbeaten run (over a year ago now) in his favour.

Since then ...

42 league games = 9 victories

Of all his 59 league games we have scored more than once in only 13 and only won 20% of games against promoted sides.

He shouldn''t still be here.

Hughton is a ''nice guy'' I am sure the trouble is as in life I am afraid nice guys get taken advantage of especially in the ruthless life of Premier Football. It is awful to say but there are very few managers who can stay nice and be successful, the players really need to look in the mirror and ask questions.

Trouble is some of them are just sitting back and taking the money, they are not putting total effort in and committed to the club. The team is now full of talent but perform as individuals not a team all over the pitch. Hools is the only one who brings any teamwork in''

If I here Hughton say one more time how great the oppos are I will scream, he has sent more money than any previous City manager and here we linger just above relegation with what could only be described as so many no shows in games. I could almost predict the Fulham game, start off well give away goal then give up.

Hughton no longer motivates team and they have no respect for him no matter what they say in press.

Time to go!

This thread is interesting because if you look at Hughton''s results in charge they were good enough for a mid-table finish in both of the last two seasons so to suggest his record has never been good enough is simply misconceived.

And this season every manager in the bottom 11 teams is within +/- 3 points of Hughton which is a really narrow margin after 21 games.

The concern for me is that after a good run in November /December with Hooper scoring regularly, our form has slumped at a crucial time of the season ŵhen we have a set of games all of which we could realistically aim to get points from. The team has gone backwards when you''d expect the players to gel and improve. Which calls into question his future for the first time for me.

It still worries me when people are suggesting replacements as Jol or Clarke, both of who had worse records when they were sacked. There''s no one in or ex-prem that would make me encouraged if they were brought in. But someone from outside with the right credentials could make sense now. Still a massive gamble though.

When looking at the stats and debating him versus Roeder/Grant/Gunn remember that Hughton is playing against some of the best teams with the biggest budgets in the world. 4/5/6 teams in this division have paid more for one player than we did in the whole of last summer.

So actually, if you work it out, his record would equate to approx 42/43 points in a prem season with those ratios - that in theory would keep us in the division

The main question is do we think he can turn this around. My main issue is that the tactics he is playing in most games I agree with, they make sense - packing the midfield against teams away from home etc. but we just can''t put the ball in the net. The opportunities are being made so if you are pointing the finger at Hughton, some of that needs to be pointed at those wasting the opportunities they are given.

My personal thoughts, I have only just tipped towards possibly being for a change with the management. Something needs to be done but a quality centre half stopping (like last night) us starting well and then conceding the first goal on a counter against the run of play then dropping our heads could be the difference