Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Why can't our wingers cross like Jesus Navas?

But just picking the garrido cross last night when he pulled it back, in that position with players running into the box you aim for a area hard and low between the strikers and goalie, but we always seem to try and pick someone out which is very hard to pull off at speed.

Because by the time they''ve stopped faffing about the oppo''s defence is back in position?

Because, as Josh Murphy said in a recent interview, he is encouraged to come inside and shoot!

And I think everyone has now seen that is what Redmond has obviously been told to do as well.

In recent years i have seen very few wingers able to truly cross a ball like they once could.

i believe it is a part of the game the appears to have been neglected in favour of other elements and skills.

Mistakenly so IMO!

Completley agree CUSDP.

Still remember very clearly him crossing the ball early right onto Owens head inn the box, not every winger can do that.

I once remember reading he was responsible for omething like 50%+ of van nistelrooys goals, via assists.

I always remember this one tho.

http://youtu.be/7UJp1kOjkg4

Immense. Name any other player that could do that! Easily could''ve been utilised as England''s version of pirlo.

David Beckham - underrated????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ha ha ha ha.

That''s like saying Stalin wasn''t always very nice or that Hitler has been forgotten by history.