Sign in to follow this  
Nigels Nuts

southampton in the doo-doo

The same Talksport who said Hoolahan to Villa would be a done deal within 48 hours several days ago?

[quote user="a1canary"]Cortese for DM - are you nuts? Oh yes, you are!

And there''s a reason it''s called Talksh1te ![/quote]

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like Cortese is going to AC Milan.

He''s the main reason for Southampton''s success in the past few years.

Nigel''s Nut''s a brilliant name. Thinking about changing my name to ''The Wrinkled Retainer'' cos the Nutty one keeps stalking me :-)

Am I missing something here?! Pocchatino has gone too?!

I''m aware of what he said, but I believe you said it has been confirmed by the club that he has left?

Mauricio Pochettino will make a lot of gamblers unhappy if he resigns, imagine how much money has been put on Allardyce and Hughton over the last two weeks.

McNally is no LESS responsible for our resurgence from L1 to Prem than Cortese is for theirs.

Hence replacing DM with someone who is essentially like for like in terms of his record, but liable to walk out of the club at the drop of a hat... would be nuts.

This is precisely why I said not one week ago that Cortese was likely to do something stupid at any moment. Ok it might not be stupid for him personally but it most definitely is for the club and all the staff ans fans to dump the club in the way he has.

Have to admit I am loving this, can''t stand the media darlings.

I think the reporting of this has highlighted to people that Southampton are in fact run by billionaires, I think most people thought it was matt le tissier.

The pluckiest little billionaires in the prem

Can''t wait for the fall from grace!

[quote user="a1canary"]McNally is no LESS responsible for our resurgence from L1 to Prem than Cortese is for theirs.

Hence replacing DM with someone who is essentially like for like in terms of his record, but liable to walk out of the club at the drop of a hat... would be nuts.

This is precisely why I said not one week ago that Cortese was likely to do something stupid at any moment. Ok it might not be stupid for him personally but it most definitely is for the club and all the staff ans fans to dump the club in the way he has.[/quote]

You mean he''s walked out in the same way McNally walked out on Fulham for a job at Arsenal - a job he was never actually given?

Personally I wouldn''t want Cortese to replace McNally, who has done a very good job at Norwich, but losing someone as excellent as Cortese will be a blow to Southampton in the long run.

[quote user="a1canary"]McNally is no LESS responsible for our resurgence from L1 to Prem than Cortese is for theirs.

This is precisely why I said not one week ago that Cortese was likely to do something stupid at any moment. Ok it might not be stupid for him personally but it most definitely is for the club and all the staff ans fans to dump the club in the way he has.[/quote]eh ?he handed his notice in months ago and was merely working his noticehe has gone a bit early, that''s all

Ok, so he resigned in October, that''s ok then.

As soon as a club is taken over by series of outside owners and interests it is a house of cards. Vary rarely is there any sort of continuity plan or exit strategy in place so even if you''ve got a good owner, if they leave, it can all come crashing down just as it did at Portsmouth and now looks likely to happen at their neighbours.

The current onwer is the daughter of the last owner with a self confessed disinterest in football. If you believe the back pages of the papers tomorrow, half the club is about to walk out! I don''t believe that but it''s a disastrous scenario whichever way you look at it.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Nigel''s Nut''s a brilliant name. Thinking about changing my name to ''The Wrinkled Retainer'' cos the Nutty one keeps stalking me :-)[/quote]

There! I knew he came from Bury. I bet he only sings when we''re winning too...

Not called Yellow for nothing....