Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Glenn Roeder

If he hadn''t been here before and we didn''t have the hucks baggage i honestly think that given a contract until the end of the season roeder would have more chance of getting us out of trouble than hooton... short term fire fighting is what he was good at it was when the players got to know him that the problems started   [:D]

Some of the trolling since last night has been funny, some not.

I''ll get back to you on this one.

[quote user="im spartacus"]If he hadn''t been here before and we didn''t have the hucks baggage i honestly think that given a contract until the end of the season roeder would have more chance of getting us out of trouble than hooton... short term fire fighting is what he was good at it was when the players got to know him that the problems started   [:D][/quote]This is all true.

He probably would get more out of this team than Hughton. He was very mediocre but you have to remember he never had any money to work with and had a much better record at Newcastle in the PL than Hughton has here. But of course, because he''s a bit of a w4anker and Hughton is such a nice guy we''re supposed to pretend Hughton is the much better manager

I cant believe what I am reading... I''m not Hughton''s biggest fan, but to suggest he is worse than Roeder is absolute madness.

Unless the trolling has gone over my head that is

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]I cant believe what I am reading... I''m not Hughton''s biggest fan, but to suggest he is worse than Roeder is absolute madness.

Unless the trolling has gone over my head that is[/quote]

AGREED! Most of Hughton''s signings have been good - Roeder brought in some real rubbish (Hoolahan, Lita and Evans the exception to the rule) - some ("Lovely movers") he hadn''t even seen play. Hughton is failing without a doubt - but put him in the same bracket as the man who appointed Fotheringham team captain of Norwich City? Don''t make me laugh.

Glum rodent arrogance would not let him be able to pick a team as very few of are players have been in the youth setup of the top 6 prem teams.

Seriously? I''ve seen too many fans saying they''d rather have Roeder, Grant and Gunn back over Hughton. What the heck has got into some of our fans at the moment?

Any fan who believes Roeder is better seriously should walk away now. Grant had the respect to walk away. Gunn was out of his depth. Hughton is striding towards Worthington in having a team and can''t get the players to play/gel - it''s a two way situation (pun intended) where the players also have to read each other.

We have a team but no leaders. We don''t need the likes of Holt now.

I don''t know the solution but such pathetic posts should see such fans ridiculed for pure stupidity in my book.

Someone like [url=http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9091013/the-gaffer]Henk Ten Cate[/url] would be able to fulfill this sort of role until the end of the season. He''s a top, top coach, but [url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/why-chelsea-coach-henk-ten-cate-723676]known in Holland as The Volcano[/url] for his angry outbursts once he gets his feet fully under the table.

Thorny, we absolutely DO need someone the likes of Grant Holt now. The team is a headless chicken on the pitch because we have nobody to grab the bull by the horns and kick the intensity up a notch the way he did. Bassong shows no leadership beyond the back line, and while Hooper did turn the game around vs Went Lame with his heartfelt outburst after scoring the penalty, when things are going poorly, he disappears. Holt was constantly in the face of the opposition and the refs.

We desperately need a leader on the pitch as well as the sideline.

Ok well roeder has made an excellent  short term impact at 3 clubs  us , newcastle and west ham it is only when he gets his feet under the table that he loses the plot , i am not saying i want him back but as i said , without his previous here if that had all happened somewhere else he would be a better bet than hughton over the next few months ....