Sign in to follow this  
daz

Protest..........

hearing/seeing quite a lot of things on facebook etc that there might be a protest before the game on Saturday .....

yes im 100% hughton OUT but surely IF there is a protest it would be better to at least do it AFTER the game ??

No chance of there being a protest and no need for one. Everyone is aware of the clubs problems, they just need to be sorted.

No protest required.

[quote user="lappinitup"]But who is the real Daz? [:^)][/quote]that''s a challenge

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]And if we beat Hull we could go up to 12th and equal on points with 10th. What would there be to protest about?[/quote]Failure to develop playersKnocked out of the cup by LutonDire and negative football9 wins out of 42 games

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Kangaroo Court"]And if we beat Hull we could go up to 12th and equal on points with 10th. What would there be to protest about?[/quote]Failure to develop playersKnocked out of the cup by LutonDire and negative football9 wins out of 42 games

[/quote]16 wins out of 60 if we beat Hull - seems a more representative statistic.

16 wins out of 60 if we beat Hull - seems a more representative statistic.

ah yes26% win average as opposed to 21%whoopee do !that''s worse than Roeder, Grant and even Bryan Gunn !dearie me

[quote user="City1st"]16 wins out of 60 if we beat Hull - seems a more representative statistic.

ah yes26% win average as opposed to 21%whoopee do !that''s worse than Roeder, Grant and even Bryan Gunn !dearie me

[/quote]I am not implying or supporting these numbers as being great - no whoopee do from me! It is just that on another thread today - I think in discussion with "Badger" (I can''t be bothered to look it up), you were dismissing his statistics. There, I thought you were essentially correct in pointing out the difficulties of ''isolating variables'' - it doesn''t help if you then handpick yours.

If we lose then I expect something impromptu will happen. Protesting before the game would be stupid, we really must support the team even if we can''t support the manager. Whoever''s in charge, those players will be the ones who keep us up, so we need to get behind them!

I would be happy to join in any organised or impromptu protest provided is was a generalised protest eg we could include getting the Messiah back as part of its purpose

[quote user="City1st"]16 wins out of 60 if we beat Hull - seems a more representative statistic.

[/quote]

Don''t recall the time when Roeder Grant and Bunn managed us in the Premier League. Even now it seems many of us still dream of repeating the thrill of consecutive promotions now we''re in the top flight, it''s never going to happen and a recent article on the MFW website made that very point. Ignoring the style of play, Stoke seem to have done a decent job of convincing us that they are an established premier league side on the basis of a 28.9% league win ratio since getting promotion 5 and a half seasons ago.

I could join a protest after the game, if we lose or don''t win, but I couldn''t join a protest before the game, it would only have a negative effect on the atmosphere, the players and it would help....the opposition!

[quote user="Dr Zeuss"]Stoke seem to have done a decent job of convincing us that they are an established premier league side on the basis of a 28.9% league win ratio since getting promotion 5 and a half seasons ago.[/quote]The same Stoke whose fans rebelled against the manager who had acheived this, because the football was so bloody awful to watch and eventually they''d had enough of it!If you go to a restaurant and have a poor meal, you can maybe write it off as the chef having a bad day and at least your stomach was filled, if you consistently have poor meals you''ll probably decide not to eat there in future - especially if on occasion those poor meals have not only failed to fill your stomach, but made you violently sick in the process!At the end of the day, if you pay 50p for a meal you don''t expect michelin star food, similarly if you pay £40 per course, you expect something fairly special, at the minute our fans are being served up the 50p meals but being asked to pay £30 for the privilege - see the disconnect?So in essence, even the games where our ''stomach is filled'', we still haven''t enjoyed the meal AND we''ve paid heavily for it to boot!