Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Shirt

Bassong looking to move?

Speaking about his time at Norwich, Bassong added: "It''s allowed me to

play week in, week out, and that''s shown people that I''m still here."IMO it would improve the team if he left- but am I just reading this wrong or is it a very odd quote from a serving captain?

It is 100% about Cameroon and international football. He was talking about this and wanting to get in the world cup squad about a week ago

If the reason for his poor performances is not because of a lingering injury he should be dropped or sold. He''s been our weakest defender this year despite being our most talented ability wise. And an inspiring captain he is not, It really wouldn''t surprise me if he''s already got a move lined up for next summer because he''s been abysmal. If the manager had any bottle we''d have lined up with Bennet and Turner for the last 10 games or so

Did he really say that? Depressing if so.

His career was down the pan before we took a punt. If he''s our Captain and he only sees us as an opportunity ''to play week in week out'' then theres been a huge error of judgement on Hughtons behalf.

What a sad state of affairs.

Cameroon might be more impressed if he managed to cut out weak crosses like the one that led to the first for Fulham on Tuesday and should be easy for a defender of his calibre to deal with. How he contrived to miss that is beyond me.

Bassong was great last season but something has gone wrong with him this season and he is making too many mistakes at the moment.

The whole defence is a shambles and he can''t cope. We need to ease the pressure on them and play a higher line. Far too often we look like sitting ducks just waiting for an onslaught.

Giving Bassong the Captain''s armband was a big mistake to be honest. He''s a good player who did a fantastic job for us last season, but he really needs to be focussed on getting his own form back rather than looking at what the rest of the team is doing.

Not sure the defence is a shambles Jimmy. But we do need to get the ball higher up the pitch and keep possession to give them a break.

At Goodison it just kept coming straight back at us until the last twenty minutes which was largely played in their half.

I find it hard to believe the armband has made that much difference to his performances.

No pre-season and the general lack of confidence in the squad anyway have probably got more to do with it.

If Seb looking to move why sign new contract? Not played international football for last two years i.e. while at City why would he think he would be selected on current form?

And given his record especially on loan at Wolves and current form who would want him. Suggest Seb does the captain thing and motivates otherwise we''ll see him in Championship.