Sign in to follow this  
charlies dad

teamwork.. lack of it!

Huckerby was substituted because he left Drury isolated on the left for most of the game. Refusing to track back, directly costing us the first, crucial goal. Huckerby and Bentley fed the two ''princes'' up front and the boys went to work on the feast of possession and service. But defensively we were a shambles, stemming from having not enough cover and nobody tracking back with runners. Southampton were poor and will go down, and on this occasion because of a lack of discipline the better team lost.

[quote]Huckerby was substituted because he left Drury isolated on the left for most of the game. Refusing to track back, directly costing us the first, crucial goal. Huckerby and Bentley fed the two ''princes...[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. I think that had jonson have played instead of Hucks then we would have won because he does a lot more defensive work and does track back and we would have had Bents providing ammunition for the forwards. As much as i like Hucks his defending (or lack of)definitely needs looking at. If i was the manager, i would have played Jonson on the left with Hucks on the bench, especially seeing as he didn''t train at all this week and was "running on empty".

[quote]Couldn''t agree more. I think that had jonson have played instead of Hucks then we would have won because he does a lot more defensive work and does track back and we would have had Bents providing amm...[/quote]

Would Jonson have set up our second goal?  I cant see how you can support a statement of we would have won had we had Jonson instead of Hux - we may have been more difficult to score against but would we have scored?

It is the managers fault for selecting a team that creates open space in front Drury for our opponents to exploit - Moyes saw it within 10 mins of the start of the second half at home to everton and we have suffered ever since.

OTBC