Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Damage the club if you must, but its your own doing.

There are some people who thrive on controversy and getting empty

victories because it makes them feel good - it boosts their ego for about 5

minutes.  Then because of the bad feeling and  divisiveness that has

been engineered by them the situation carries on getting worse - the

club gets pulled apart and the bad feeling ends up affecting the

players.  

I don''t think this is fantasy, every club has its

characteristics based on its fans and history.   Fans went overboard

with Worthy - and look what happened.   Fans went overboard over Chase -

and look what happened.  I fear the same is happening again.  The club,

not living up to the expectation of fans, is becoming divided again. 

What

upsets me the most about this is that it is unnecessary.   We are -

whatever you think about Hughton -  in the middle of a battle of ten

clubs - and  to me we could go either way.     The mettle of the players

will show itself as we go through to the end of the season - and I

believe they have the mental strength to keep us up.    Its the players

that have to play and get us away from near the bottom of the table. 

Not Hughton. But all the Hughton stuff is just ruining our chances

imo.    People focusing all their energy at the destruction of Hughton''s

poisition are actually making it harder for the players, not easier.  

I

have said previously its about keeping your nerve.   I hope the board

holds its nerve and the players respond because if the egos that appear

at these times get their way it will be  to the detriment of the club,

not its improvement. 

We saw an almighty turn around in

League One.  We saw what a great club we can be when everyone pulls

together.   It doesn''t last though as some people are just waiting to

wrench  it apart again and will do at the earliest possibility.  The

season is poised  and we have to pull together.  But some are intent on

pulling the season apart.

Shame on you. 

What kept us all together was results. Its a results business and if you don''t get them the pressure piles on. We all were happy with Lambert cause he got results. Most of us are unhappy with Hughton because he does not. This conversation would not be happening had we won an extra three games this season thats the reality of modern football.

Sorry Lakey one step too far!

We were on a slippery slope under Worthy, he had to go, Chase another who had to go and the fans were there even when we were relegated to the 3rd division.

It''s no good if the fans are unhappy, we are the ones who through the years stay and have to deal with the ups and downs, most managers take their huge payoffs and bugger off never to think about the club again!

Who are you to claim a fans action will damage the club, do you have a crystal ball telling you that the removal of Hughton will lead to relegation and trouble again? I for one can only go on what I have seen over the past 18 month''s and that is Hughton is not moving us forwards, the players are gone, the fans have turned and there is no one to blame but one man!

He brought in his management, it''s his players and his tactics and if they are not working for whatever reason then he has to be accountable to us the fans, it''s our club, it''s the fine City of Norwich''s club and we deserve better! We want effort and pride please, if not then feel the wrath of us fans!

[quote user="lake district canary"]We saw what a great club we can be when everyone pulls together.   It doesn''t last though as some people are just waiting to wrench  it apart again and will do at the earliest possibility. [/quote]

Sorry what''s that, the "earliest opportunity"? I think the fans have been very patient considering the dross that has been served up since Summer 2012. They could have started venting their anger at a much earlier stage than this.

You just sound like a bit of a kn*b.

[quote user="Indy"]

Sorry Lakey one step too far! We were on a slippery slope under Worthy, he had to go, Chase another who had to go and the fans were there even when we were relegated to the 3rd division. It''s no good if the fans are unhappy, we are the ones who through the years stay and have to deal with the ups and downs, most managers take their huge payoffs and bugger off never to think about the club again!  Who are you to claim a fans action will damage the club, do you have a crystal ball telling you that the removal of Hughton will lead to relegation and trouble again? I for one can only go on what I have seen over the past 18 month''s and that is Hughton is not moving us forwards, the players are gone, the fans have turned and there is no one to blame but one man! He brought in his management, it''s his players and his tactics and if they are not working for whatever reason then he has to be accountable to us the fans, it''s our club, it''s the fine City of Norwich''s club and we deserve better! We want effort and pride please, if not then feel the wrath of us fans!

[/quote]

My central point is that we are poised mid way in a tense battle with ten other clubs to stay up.   The players are the ones that have to do it.   I believe they have shown they have the stomach for the fight and have the wherewithal to get the results we need.   All the talk of managers being sacked will harm us, rather than help us imo.   And what is most galling is that some of the main perpetrators who up the ante with the anti-Hughton stuff - appear to be enjoying it.

Pompous nonsense!

Any decision will be taken based on risk and results. Just because you don''t agree with that does not give you license to attack people who care about their club just as much as much as you.

better late than never I supposeand this week''s excuse from the arch apologist is that it is folk posting on a web forum that is causing the failure .... dearie, dear methere isn''t much left now is there LDC ?

[quote user="the bristol nest"]Pompous nonsense!

Any decision will be taken based on risk and results. Just because you don''t agree with that does not give you license to attack people who care about their club just as much as much as you.[/quote]

Care about their club? Ha! If they cared they would try and understand the folly of sacking a manager at the height of a difficult campaign.   Results haven''t been great recently, but we show time and time again that we can get wins and draws when we really need to.  So its get to the crunch part of the season and its all hands to the pumps to get rid of Hughton.   Instead of which it should be all hands to the pumps to get behind the team.   The pressure is intense for players at the best of times,  that accounts for some of the poor play that we see.  Confidence is low too.

Hughton is the manager. Let him manage and get behind the players.   Anything else is just people throwing their toys out of the prams.  If we get relegated then see about changing the manager.    If we change now we are more likely to get relegated imo.

"Then because of the bad feeling and divisiveness that has been engineered by them the situation carries on getting worse"

The vast majority of fans want Hughton gone, the results of the Radio Norfolk poll show that. As little as a few days ago some pro-Hughtoners were saying that most fans want him to stay, many others were arguing that this isn''t the case and that the opposite is true.

It is clear that the overwhelming majority of fans have had enough and want him gone. It could be argued that with such a small minority of fans backing him it is in fact the very vocal minority who are creating the divisiveness. Football isn''t a democracy (unless you are an AFC Wimbledon fan), but if it were then Hughton wouldn''t be at the club. You are the minority LDC, it is you and the select band of pro-Hughtoners who are creating the perception of division when Radio Norfolk''s poll would suggest that fans are actually almost entirely united against Hughton.

"Fans went overboard with Worthy - and look what happened"

What happened was that the board appointed a man with absolutely no managerial experience, that is what happened. Please don''t try and blame the fans for Peter Grants appointment, it had very little support at the time.

"Fans went overboard over Chase - and look what happened"

The club was saved from bankruptcy?

"What upsets me the most about this is that it is unnecessary. We are - whatever you think about Hughton - in the middle of a battle of ten clubs - and to me we could go either way"

19th or 20th in the form table though, we aren''t exactly leading the pack.

"The mettle of the players will show itself as we go through to the end of the season - and I believe they have the mental strength to keep us up"

Bradley Johnson and Robert Snodgrass look like the only players to really care at the minute. As soon as we slip back into the relegation zone many of our players will be on the phone to their agents trying to arrange their summer transfers. Happened last time we went down too.

"But all the Hughton stuff is just ruining our chances imo"

And in my opinion the failure to sack and replace Hughton in mid-December is ruining our chances.

"We saw what a great club we can be when everyone pulls together"

We don''t have that same ethos anymore. Even the players can''t unite. Hughton is to blame for that, either you are in our you are out, Lambert treated all members of his squad as important. Hughton discards people.

"because if the egos that appear at these times get their way it will be to the detriment of the club, not its improvement."

Assuming that you are referring to this forum, then well if the players are reading this forum then they are idiots. Do we have to hide our feelings in case players show no will power and type pinkun.com into their browser? Sounds ridiculous to me.

"Shame on you"

No Shame on YOU, you flippin opinion nazi.

This has made me laugh almost as much as when people ask why the players are getting off lightly. Transfer the bubble that is the football world to the real world for a minute.

You''re a manager, you are paid to put a team together to deliver a project, you are responsible for bringing them in, on paper they''re the best team you could have at your disposal, they''re not doing their jobs, targets are missed, deadlines go by, and all the while you floundering to try and get your team to do what they should be doing... Who gets the blame for that monumental c0ck up?

It''s what the manager is paid for and it is his sole responsibility to put the best team together and get the outcomes expected of him.

Hughton is not doing that. Hasn''t been doing it for a long time. A lot of fans have been unbelievably patient, and for such a ruthless businessman, I really don''t see how McNally can continue to justify this man''s employment while his company''s stock continues to plummet!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Indy"]

Sorry Lakey one step too far! We were on a slippery slope under Worthy, he had to go, Chase another who had to go and the fans were there even when we were relegated to the 3rd division. It''s no good if the fans are unhappy, we are the ones who through the years stay and have to deal with the ups and downs, most managers take their huge payoffs and bugger off never to think about the club again!  Who are you to claim a fans action will damage the club, do you have a crystal ball telling you that the removal of Hughton will lead to relegation and trouble again? I for one can only go on what I have seen over the past 18 month''s and that is Hughton is not moving us forwards, the players are gone, the fans have turned and there is no one to blame but one man! He brought in his management, it''s his players and his tactics and if they are not working for whatever reason then he has to be accountable to us the fans, it''s our club, it''s the fine City of Norwich''s club and we deserve better! We want effort and pride please, if not then feel the wrath of us fans!

[/quote]

My central point is that we are poised mid way in a tense battle with ten other clubs to stay up.   The players are the ones that have to do it.   I believe they have shown they have the stomach for the fight and have the wherewithal to get the results we need.   All the talk of managers being sacked will harm us, rather than help us imo.   And what is most galling is that some of the main perpetrators who up the ante with the anti-Hughton stuff - appear to be enjoying it.

[/quote]

We are not in a battle LDC, we have waved the white flag and surrendered! Our leader and his generals don''t have a clue how to set up for any skermish, thus leading to the soldiers on the field being lost and floundering.

We have no stomach for a fight and we don''t have a leader on or off the field. The entire team and management are here for one thing only and that''s just to pick up their over inflated pay packet. They have not passion for our club and only wear the shirt because they are paid to.

I don''t want that kind of player here and I certainsly don''t want this manager and his two cronies here either. They bore me to tears, the teams bores me to tears, they can''t get results and it''s thanks to some luck that all the teams around us as rubbish as we are! this has to be the worst Presmiership teams in history! But exciting at both ends isn''t it!

[quote user="Le Juge"]

"Shame on you"

No Shame on YOU, you flippin opinion nazi.[/quote]

Nice.  That kind of attitude is precisely what I''m talking about.   Egotistical ranting.   The egotists want it all there own way.  Everyone unite behind the "Hughton out" banner.  If you don''t agree you are not considered worthy of an opinion.  My opinion stands.  You give the manager to the end of the season and then judge his success.   If it doesn''t suit some of you to hear that then TOUGH!

LDC

Keeping with the same plan when it is clearly not working is doomed to fail!

Where have you seen this ''Up for the fight'' attitude?  The players looked shot to pieces last night!

Sticking with what we have could easily, in fact, truly be even more damaging to the club!

When you are on such a slippery slope as we are now, staying with what put you their is only going to make it happen faster.  Change direction and you at least have a chance of getting out of it.

It is not just League position Lakey, it is form and performance.  Improve these and league position takes care of itself. If you don''t likewise but as a negative outcome.

remember this post from before the Fulham game last night LDC ?[quote user="City1st"]

LDC''s tactics for the Fulham game

http://www.ausfailure.com/wp-content/uploads/begging.jpg

[/quote]get off your knees you gutless crawler

LDC . For me getting behind the team includes giving them the best chance to win including a change of coaching staff if absolutetly necessary.

I have come to the view that the time is now very recently and don''t feel allied to any "side" on this issue. I don''t believe that this messageboard has a jot of impact on this decision.

The fans at Fulham certainly didn''t give the impression of revolutionaries either! Carra on Saturday may be different but not until the final whistle please if we don''t win.

lake district canary"Results haven''t been great recently, but we show time and time again that we can get wins and draws when we really need to." 

Question to LDC, with no axe to grind...would you still advocate keeping CH if we lose at home to Hull this weekend?

Hang on LDC.

You were the one that said "shame on you".

I was reversing it and saying it back.

Muppet.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]lake district canary"Results haven''t been great recently, but we show time and time again that we can get wins and draws when we really need to." 

Question to LDC, with no axe to grind...would you still advocate keeping CH if we lose at home to Hull this weekend?[/quote]

I can''t help but think that the time to sack the manager - if he was ever to be sacked - was in November after the high scoring bad results.  In reality there is one game  that would have made all the difference - the Fulham game on Boxing Day.   If we had won that, we would be in mid table and looking not that bad.  One result.  We''re still one result from that position even now.  

If we lose against Hull, we will likely still be above the bottom three - just.  Its irrelevant what I think, but I''ll answer your question - if you sack the manager with just a few games left you have to be sure you''re going to get someone that can have an instant impact - and I don''t think that is likely so - no.  I think he has to stay to the end of the season, whatever the outcome.

Surely the issue is exactly that... "when we really need a result, we get one"... why does it take such a desperate state for Hughton to galvanise a performance. That battling spirit should be the norm, not the exception. In fact, wasn''t it publicly quoted that the West Ham victory included experienced players stepping up at half time and ranting? In one way it''s great that they are empowered to do this, but should we be depending on it? And if so, what is Hughton''s job?David James was punditing on BT Sport last night and I was saddened to agree with him when he said Norwich were depending on individual inspiration. There is no team ethic or cohesion. The players standing by the manager because he is good to them, and they like him, but they really aren''t performing for him.No one doubt''s Hughton''s football knowledge, but he doesn''t seem to have the ability to manage people to perform to their maximum. Hughton, the staff and even the players look totally out of their depth at the moment. That''s something we never would have said about a team managed by our previous manager. We know we have the quality players - more so than ever before. We strengthened just as much as any other team in the summer, and should be competing to win games.We are currently in a ten team battle - but on recent showings, we''re not putting up much of a fight. And I''ve always been an optimistic fan!!!

" If we had won that, we would be in mid table and looking not that bad"

still dodging the problemwe DO look badthe football is dire and the players look less and less interested

I can only hope that no patient ever has you as a doctor" as you are still alive there is no need for any treatment or action whatsoever "

[quote user="lake district canary"]

...............Hughton is the manager. Let him manage and get behind the players......... If we change now we are more likely to get relegated imo.

[/quote]Yes LDC it''s all it is, a matter of opinions.In your opinion we''re more likely to go down if we change the manager but many on here see us being in a terminal downward spiral with a better chance of staying up if we change the manager.We may well be only three points off 10th spot but the almost total lethargy at Craven Cottage last night is fairly typical of how things have been for many months and must surely make a relegation fight the more likely scenario.A new face in charge might, I say might, just bring about the uplift we''re crying out for now.

You just cannot help yourself can you Lakey ?

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/Ronnies_Pets/media/smileys%20emoticons/soapbox.gif.html][IMG]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb252/Ronnies_Pets/smileys%20emoticons/soapbox.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]You just cannot help yourself can you Lakey ? 

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/Ronnies_Pets/media/smileys%20emoticons/soapbox.gif.html][IMG]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb252/Ronnies_Pets/smileys%20emoticons/soapbox.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[/quote]

You know, all the trumped up, hysterical, over-reactive garbage on here, all the put downs and attempts at ridicule at someone who is putting an opposing view across are a waste of  people''s time.   There is another side to the argument.  The argument that says that continuity can lead to better results long term.    A lot of you seem to be enjoying your "togetherness" in terms of mob rule.  We''re right and everyone else is wrong kind of attitude.

There is an argument for  keeping the manager on until the end of the season and that is what I believe should happen.   No amount of childish pictures from you and City 1st - who is positively revelling in the current situation - can  detract that there is a possible scenario where we improve and get a couple of wins, get some confidence and stay in the division.  Then at the end of the season we can change managers then, when we can look at the situation more rationally.  

What I don''t get is why people - regardless of what they think of Hughton - can''t accept that this is the critical stage of the season and we need the club pulled together - not ripped apart.    A new manager would not necessarily keep us up.   Hughton might not either, but that is the gamble.  You outers just want him out regardless off anything at all to do with our current situation.  

But the club is in the premiership and some don''t seem to care about that at all.   City 1st is the prime example.  The chip on his shoulder about the club is so clear it hits you in the face practically everything he writes - loves it and hates it at the same time.   But the rest of you - some of you should know better.

You are putting people down in the OP lakey.

You are one of the worst people for not respecting the opinions of others, why not practice what you so often preach.

Why should we respect your opinions if you don''t respect anybody with the opposite opinion to you?

"shame on you", those were your words aimed towards people who do not agree with your viewpoint.

"shame on you" are my words to somebody who operates which an unbelievable level of pure hypocrisy.

And you don''t even go to any bloody games.

I don''t live in Norwich and I manage most home games.

First Row Sports and Pink''un desk chair follower, when was the last time you made the effort LDC?

Cumbria is a fair old distance, but surely you must make the journey occasionally, how many times this season and which games?

You should try actually spending the train fair, the £45 for a ticket, and the hotel room, and then see if watching that drab passionless rubbish feels difference when you have parted with your cash instead of sitting in front of a computer.