Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Press Conferene - Plot Lost

Hughton quoted as saying Fulham game fairly even and the stats had us on top ???

The bloke should be locked in a room with soft walls.

The least he could do would be admit how awful we were.

Other than the shots on target he''s right though, there''s no disputing the numbers. More posession, more corners, more shots.

However, we were chasing the game and it was us who had to get on the front foot while Fulham defended their lead.

Our shots other than Snodgrass''s early effort were pretty poor.

Our defending was woeful.

Watching from fairly near the home dugout it is crystal clear that the management team cling onto the info that Trollope''s ipad tells them as opposed to what our eyes transmit to our brains.

We were shit tho so hughton can shove his stats up his arse ! "our form in general hasnt been too bad" What is it 1 win in 8, Yer great form. I think hes losing the plot and that we believe the utter dross the comes outa his mouth. Bore off hughton.

[quote user="Liquidator"]It is petrifying that he isn''t concerned. If he thinks everything is rosy then is he not addressing the numerous issues?[/quote]
I''m sure Hughton has concerns about how the team is performing, it''s his job on the line, but he can''t appear to be panicking. If he looks like he''s panicking, that could effect the dressing room and make it that much harder to get a result on Saturday. He has to appear calm and in control.

It''s tough without knowing the personalities in the dressing room, but perhaps showing a bit of concern and letting the players know that performances haven''t been acceptable might be a much-needed rocket up their backsides?

I know a lot of people who, if they were underperforming but not called out on it (not that calling out individuals would be a solution), wouldn''t buck up their ideas at all.

"We were awful! Awful, in fact awful doesn''t do justice to how bad we were. We couldn''t hit a barn door with a banjo. The mid field, pah, I call tem the hid field, where were they, I''ve seen more activity in Jarrolds shop window. Defence? There is no defence for defending like that, a UN peace keeping force would''ve made more interventions.

Saturday? Hull? More like Hell, we''ve got no chance. Our only hope is that the new app on i-tunes is available by Friday ''cos the wifi signal in the dug out is rubbish and it''ll take us all day to down load it. Paul says he been watching this new player ''Khandi Crush'' I''m just going to check it out on the i-pad now".

[quote user="Liquidator"]It''s tough without knowing the personalities in the dressing room, but perhaps showing a bit of concern and letting the players know that performances haven''t been acceptable might be a much-needed rocket up their backsides?

I know a lot of people who, if they were underperforming but not called out on it (not that calling out individuals would be a solution), wouldn''t buck up their ideas at all.[/quote]
I''m sure Hughton is doing that, in private. How would it look if he came into a press conference and started saying how c**p so-and-so had been for the past few weeks? He would sound like a desperate manager who had completely lost the dressing room (no matter how true that may or may not be. If he appears calm and in control, then hopefully that vibe can pass onto the players and allow them to focus on the task at hand: getting a result against Hull.

The least he could do was to say that it was an unacceptable performance, that we were second best all night to a team that cant win a raffle.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]The least he could do was to say that it was an unacceptable performance, that we were second best all night to a team that cant win a raffle.[/quote]
I''m sure the players would love that...

Come on guys what did you expect him to say;

"Well the boys were dreadful against Fulham and having the lion share of possession and doing nothing is a real concern, especially coming into a must win match. Really if we play the same we can expect to lose and despite my best efforts who knows what will happen seeing as our possession and stats aren''t creating goals"

You think that''s what he fans, players and opposition need to hear before such an important game?

[quote user="Liquidator"]It is petrifying that he isn''t concerned. If he thinks everything is rosy then is he not addressing the numerous issues?[/quote]

I odnt know which historical/mythological figure this reminds me of most? The Emporor and his new clothes, King C n u t, or Nero, happily fiddling as Rome burns all around.

No doubt, however, that I and those also concerned could also be compared to Chicken Licken...

[quote user="birchfest"]Come on guys what did you expect him to say;

"Well the boys were dreadful against Fulham and having the lion share of possession and doing nothing is a real concern, especially coming into a must win match. Really if we play the same we can expect to lose and despite my best efforts who knows what will happen seeing as our possession and stats aren''t creating goals"

You think that''s what he fans, players and opposition need to hear before such an important game?[/quote]

Would be nice to hear that actually. Get them angry and up for proving a point.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Hughton quoted as saying Fulham game fairly even and the stats had us on top ???

The bloke should be locked in a room with soft walls.

The least he could do would be admit how awful we were.[/quote]

Just shows how bad our players are then!

Have any of the players given it that wonderful line since Tuesday promising a "reaction"?